It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• I just found out i have Uterine cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User
    Re: I just found out i have Uterine cancer

thanks hun i sure hope so all through it wont fully ever be behind me cancer took my right to bore a child ( it wont take my life ) its a new saying but the reminder will always be there looking me in the face im making it my mission to help woman and young woman to understand more about this type of cancer and how it can affect them .

anyways let me no the out come of your sugery huni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #17
    washappy
    (female)

washappy HB User

Its a good thing that you share your story with everyone because it helps new women to understand what they are going through. I have an appt on May 10th to find out the results so it will be awhile before I find out but when I do I will let you know. She was able to tell me that she saw nothing abnormal but have to wait for the biopsy report to be sure.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #18
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User

ok that part is good ill keep praying for you that its not cancer and if the report is good ill praise God with you if its bad ill be right here with you to help u along the way sorry u have to wait so long thats how it was with my D&C yep im very open about what im going through as u say it helps new woman and thats why i do it i no when i 1st found out in march what was going on i looked to the web and found grate help from woman who has been there before me : it does help

Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #19
    mylighthouse
    (female)

mylighthouse HB User

Hi April, hi everyone

I am glad you shared your story April and that others are sharing theirs too because it is very helpful and comforting to know that others are going through similar experiences or that they are just there to be supportive and encouraging, even if they haven't been through it.

I popped in tonight because this was the first place I thought of finding answers for myself. I have not had a period in over a year (as far as i know). I just continually bleed...non stop, everyday. Sometimes it is only spotting, but other days it is EXREMELY heavy with huge clots, sometimes 4 to 5 inches. The heavy bleeding and clots has become a common occurance over the past 2 months. Now 2 months later, it is even worse. I will put a pad on and soak through my clothing within 15 minutes, put another pad on, same thing happens, again and again. Then I get nauseated and lightheaded. So this was scaring me and I called my gynecologist. I hadn't seen her since my last child was born in 1991, I'm now 39.

I saw her 3 weeks ago.....She said "we need to do a pap smear but I am not sure we will get good results because you are bleeding so much". So she did that. Then she wanted me back for an ultrasound and a endometial biopsy which they did today. OUCH! it hurt! She told me that my uterus lining is very thick at 15mm. She straight out told me that she is very concerned that I might have uterine cancer because of the lining thickness and the severe bleeding and clotting that have been an everyday occurance.

I am wondering when i will get my pathology results back. I wasn't scared at first when she told me the chance of cancer, but now I am. I just wanted to come here and tell my story. Everything I seem to read today when I type in my symptoms points to uterine cancer. I feel totally down and bummed and anxious too. If I have to wait a week for results, that just seems too long! Maybe I will learn patience through this.

Oh also, I meant to say that tomorrow I start some medicine called Provera which is supposed to help control the bleeding.

Thanks for listening whoever reads this. I apologize for it being so long, but I really just needed to type and talk this out.

Shelley

Last edited by mylighthouse; 04-27-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 04-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #20
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User

Shelley

Thanks for sharing your story with me you are very brave to share it ( i my self have shard mine to as you know )

1st off about your bleeding mine was the very same way i bleed none stop for a long time a few years at lest. the blood clots had been there for a few years. but last year they got so bad and then this year i got bad i like you soaked through so many pads infact what may help you is to buy some towls

i did this because i bleed through to many pads and underpants i didnt where underwhere or use pads i lay in bed with a towl between my legs some times to get a brake from the totlet i would just push them out on to the town lay one towl on your bed and put another betwen your legs make sure your towls are ones u dont mind tossing away after/

this helped because all my underpants was nasty they told me i had a bleeding disorder so i let it pass but then i past out and ended up in the ER needing blood treansfusion they orderd a D&C and i had it done

the test is what showed i had Urtaus cancer the next step for me was the Hystercomey im still trying to recover from that now they did get 100 % all cancer

but i have to undergo radition as im at high risk it will come back.

it was only last month through i was seting where you are i had the D&C and the waiting to fine out if u have it or not is the most hardest part i had to wait a full week before i found out i had the cancer.

So i can understand the waiting part i think is the hardest out of it all any time you here the words CANCER it is scary im only 29 you said your 39 and that is young for us both most woman are 55 so we both fall in the 15% of woman who can get it one thing i did was alot research some research scars you

they tell you that u could have a few years to live even if they get all the cancer ( thats research ) dont let it scar you my husbands aunt was stage 1 and shes been cancer free for 13 full years now. i no of another person who had it and has been cancer free over 20 years now

if you have this cancer its beter if your stage 1 ( they wont no your stage until you have the full Sugery through ) you will undergo a hystercomey then they will test your lymp nodes and fine out if its spreed or not an your staging

i was stage 1A grade 2 my cancer was BIG but we got it in the early stages

one thing you need to no is this is a slow moving cancer not a fast cancer

that means it would take a while before u reached stage 2 or higher most likey if you have it then your Early stages my bleeding went on since 2004 it wasnt until this year they found my cancer and i was early stages still so thats one thing i hope will give you hope

please know we are here for you let us know what happens and what you fine out if you do not have it im gonna rejoice with you as i will any woman

but if not then ill be right here for you because i been there i know what can happen and is gonna happen

please let me no if you have Questions hun

God bless

Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
    mylighthouse
    (female)

mylighthouse HB User

Hi April,
    Thank you so much for the encouragement and the helpful ideas and things you said, it helps ease my mind. Because I was thinking that i have been bleeding so long like this, what if the cancer is really bad? I didn't know that it was a slow growing cancer. It is amazing that you probably had it for years before they diagnosed you.

I have already been doing what you said with the towels. I have to. It was so bad that i was having to wash all my clothing and bedding once a day. But hopefully the Provera medicine I am starting will help that.

Also, I just want to say if this might be helpful to anyone who reads this. If you have heavy bleeding with clots that continues on for a long time please see your gynecologist. My gynecologist said that a lot of times doctors will put people on birth control pills to try to stop the bleeding, but sometimes this MASKS the real problem.....which is sometimes uterine cancer. She said it is NOT normal to bleed heavily like that over a long period of time. Get at least an ultrasound done! Don't just take pills and think that will solve everything.

I am so glad that they were able to get 100% of your cancer April. I will check back and see how you are doing and also to see how others are here.

Thanks so much for your sharing and caring

Shelley

Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User

shelley your very much welcome.

And your right on your advice you gave as well i bleed for years they never put me on nothing at all to help me not even birth control they told me to just wait it out i sufferd off and on with this finley i switched OBYGNS but again due to no car could not get to any visits so i held off now we got a car and stuff he didnt play around at all he did the D&C and then once it was confrimed i had cancer sent me right to the cancer doctor .

through i do not like my cancer doctor and am so confused im thinking of switching.

ya you have to do the towl thing because the bleeding is just bad

it reuioned my life i could not even go out to do anything as u well no to.

< edited >

let me no

and my prayers go out to you and yes please keep checking back in with us

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-29-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Please do not post contact information, such as phone, email address or name.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #23
    cmkf
    (female)

cmkf HB User

How are you high risk for it coming back April? My Dr told me that usually women who have total hysterectomies do not need any radiation or chemo, maybe my Dr is wrong?

I had complex atypical hyperplasia, had a D&C with hysteroscopy (no pain at all for me) she removed fibroids, and said my uterus looked good. Less than a month later heavy bleeding GIANT clots (same as you had) she took a whole clot sent it to pathology where it was confirmed I now had uterine cancer. I have not had a surgery yet because I could not afford my surgery, now it's 5 months later after my diagnosis and I am now on my way back to getting a surgery. I am freaked out because I am morbidly obese and have a LOT of health problems including anemia (from the bleeding I suppose).

I had almost your exact same symptoms. Some months no period, some months very bad period heavy clots with a slight smell, and VERY VERY bad abdominal cramping and lower back pain so bad I couldn't even stand up straight.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User

hello

Well it all Depends on the stage your in they will not fully know this until your Urtaus is taken out they will take lymp nodes out and test those to see if the cancer as spreed.

one thing is this cancer is slow i bleed for years and am only stage 1A grade 2 a very good thing.

Some woman yes ture will not need any more treatments after all is removed in my case they said they want to do Radition to be sure it dont come back but its only a 50% chance

The cancer can come back to other places such as Brest cancer and other places

there is woman who are in stage 2 or 3 and 4 who will need a full removal of all things and will undergo chemo and radition again it will depend on what stage it is you are

im very over weight my self im told that is the reason i got this cancer was because when your over weight as i am it can cause your body to have to much Hormons

but yes even after you have all removed you may still need treatment most doctors wont make this judgement until after your surgery so they can test your urtaus and lyme nodes to be sure what stage you are and if it has spreed .

alot of woman wont need treatment but alot will

my tumor was very very BIG so im at high risk of it returning of course this is all scary to me and i know it is to you as well

so ya cancer can never return in the utraus as they take this out but it can come back in other places but

to give some hope my husbands aunt has been cancer free of 13 years now

keep strong i know thats easer said then done the word cancer is scary alone but your not alone in this many woman have faced this sadly

Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #25
    washappy
    (female)

washappy HB User

Hello April , just stopping in to see how you are doing since the surgery? Still sore or better now? Hopefully better

You are still in my prayers

Old 05-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #26
    darkwater
    (female)

darkwater HB User

Be brave, Shelley and April. We are praying for you to have full recoveries. As I deal with my own case and upcoming hysterectomy and the possibility of a cancer diagnosis, I hope I will learn somthing from your experiences. Bless you both!

Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #27
    april08
    (female)

april08 HB User

Im very sick right now i cant even so much as drank a sip of water with out throwing up my doctor says it is nothing went to the ER they said all test came back yet no one can tell me why this is going on so im geting worser not beter at all we contacted a worker to see if they can help fine us a new doctor

waiting to here back from them

Good luck with you waters i hope you get the answers you want to here alot of us here has been through this its not easy at all do keep us posted and updated

April

Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #28
    washappy
    (female)

washappy HB User

I'm sorry that your not feeling well, hopefully you'll get a new doctor who will listen to you and give you the help you need.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #29
    mylighthouse
    (female)

mylighthouse HB User

Thank you so much washappy....you are dealing with the possibility of cancer and hysterectomy too? Wow.
    It is good to have support like this. I thank you so much for your prayers, believe me. You'll be in mine as well, and I will check back here to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be one week and my pathology report should be in....we'll see. I'll keep y'all posted.

April....I just saw your post up there....I am so sorry that you are sick, sounds like something is definitely wrong and i hope that you find just the right doctor to help you.

Hugsssssss, thoughts and prayers and please keep us updated April and washappy and others too. Thank you so much.

Last edited by mylighthouse; 05-03-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #30
    mylighthouse
    (female)

mylighthouse HB User

Hello Everyone.

I got a call from my doctor today about the pathology results. I don't have uterine cancer! Instead, I have Endometrial hyperplasia, which causes extra cells to grow in the uterus. I have to have a hysterectomy and have an appointment at 4:45 today with my gynecologist to have a surgical consultation.

What a relief it was knowing that it isn't cancer.

Take care everyone, I'll let you know how it goes and check in on you guys too.

Shelley

Closed Thread