It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• starting Lupron Downregulation tomorrow

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 AM   #31
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User
    Re: Looking for IVF Cycle Sisters.....

Hey, Jenn. Sorry I've not posted sooner. I'm doing well and still very hopeful. We've been a little concerned that I didn't stim as well as we had expected. We had a long visit with our doctors on Friday and spent the weekend talking, thinking, and praying about the decision we had to make.

Our doctors said last week that medically they felt we should convert to IUI this cycle. My RE was concerned about being able to get all of the eggs at retrieval; we had 6 and 1 of those was not quite as far a long as the others. We had a long visit with our doctors on Friday who gave directions for my meds over the weekend based on if we wanted IUI or IVF this week. So, DH and I spent the weekend talking, praying, and comforting each other.

Well, our decision was to have faith in God and move forward with IVF. We went to retrieval yesterday and the doctor did get all 6 eggs!!! We are so thankful for the results. The embryologist (I've probably spelled that wrong, hehe) came in before we left to let us know the eggs looked good as did DH's specimen. So, we are to get a call later today from the embryologist to see how they fertilized.

Jenn, I'm sending lots of love and baby dust your way! I know tomorrow is a big day for you! Can't tell you how much I'm hoping that this is our time to get our BFPs!! Please keep me posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #32
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Congratulations on all 6 that is great. I was a bit worried when I was reading and am so excited for you and your husband. I have my fingers crossed that all are going to fertilize and you will get a great report. This process is scary enough without the worry that goes along with it.
    I am going crazy waiting for tomorrow I am having some cramping and a tiny tiny bit of spotting only when I wipe(sorry tmi) so I am trying to be positive.
    We shall see.
    Thank you for the update I was wondering how it was going and I cannot wait to hear how your embryos look.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #33
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User

Great news, Jenn! The embryologist called this afternoon and 4 out of the 6 have fertilized. What a relief. They have said even after fertilization the eggs still have to divide more, so hopefully these 4 will continue to divide. We were told to return to the clinic Friday morning for our transfer. I'm so excited and feeling so blessed.

I know you mentioned some cramps and spotting; don't get too worried about that. I believe I read the Progesterone shots (I believe you are on them now, right?) can cause spotting and even when pg you can still have some cramping. My prayers are with you and your family. Take it easy tonight and I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #34
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Congratulations on your 4 embryos. I will be thinking of you tomorrow for your transfer. The transfer is easy except the full bladder part. I hope you come back and let me know how it went and how many you transfered.
    I had my blood test this morning and just got my results and I am pregnant. My first beta was 257. I now have to wait until Monday to get my next test as my clinic does not do them on the weekend.
    I hope things go well for you tomorrow and remember to relax.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #35
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User

THAT'S AWESOME!!!! I am SO happy for you. Are you having another HCG blood test next week? I kept forgetting how soon after the blood test you can have an u/s; I've been thinking it's not till 8 weeks. But, perhaps they can do them sooner for someone who's had trouble TTC. You know more about that than me and I'm so glad we have connected. It means a lot to be able to share with someone who has gone through this.

I'm a little worried about the full bladder thing tomorrow, also. For the last 2 days when I've talked w/my RE office they've stressed the importance of coming with a full bladder. I'll just keep telling myself it is SO worth a little bit of discomfort if it allows them to place the embryos in the perfect place!

BTW, the embryologist called today with an update and 3 of the 4 that fertilized have continued to divide. She said the 4th one had a "little fragment" left over and will perhaps not be viable. One embryo looked "beautiful" and was at a 4 cell stage. The other 2 that divided were at a 2 cell stage. We feel certain the doctor will be able to transfer 2, but he did say on Tuesday that we might consider putting back 3. We'll find out tomorrow morning! I'm sorry I have forgotten how many you had transferred and was wondering if you could share that with me again.

You're in my prayers and I'll let you know how tomorrow goes asap. I hope you have a great weekend!

Last edited by littlebo; 04-29-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #36
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Thank you for the congratulations. I go back Monday and they want to see it double twice by then since it will be 4 days between tests. I put 2 back on day 3. I am not sure when the first US is I think they do one between 6 and 7 weeks and then do another between 8 and 9 and then if all still looks good they will release me to my OB.
    Yaay on having 3 embryos. I will be praying for you guys tomorrow at your transfer. I would probably transfer all 3, but that is me. I would want the best chance of success.
    It has been great to connect with you on something that most people do not understand. I cannot wait to hear how things go tomorrow. I will be praying for you and hope that things go perfect.
    Jenn

Old 04-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #37
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User

Well, we had a successful transfer! We didn't even have to question the doctors on putting back 3 embryos. When they came in to speak to me before the procedure, they went over how the embryos looked as of this morning and said they would advise to put back 3!

They are growing the 4th one out for a few more days to see if starts looking better. It was either at a 5 or 6 cell stage, but she said it was still very "uneven" or fragmented. Of the 3 we transferred, two of them had reached 6 cell stage of divisioin (they said they like 6-8 cell stage on day 3). One looked very good; they said it was even and on the outer edge it had little things developing that the doctor said help the embryo implant once in the uterus (yayyyy!!!!) The other 6 cell embryo had not divided as pretty as the other. The 3rd embryo we put back was at a 5 cell stage of division and it looked a lot like the 6 cell stage one as far as how evenly it had divided. Oh, btw the embryologist gave us a photo of our embryos!! How cool is that?!?! My DH said most parents have the first ultrasound of their child at 8 or so weeks when the heartbeat is first seen. We have a picture of ours at the very beginning stages of their life!

The doctor started today with another mock transfer to make sure they had the path. After some difficulty even with the ultrasound, they had me empty my bladder. She said my uterus is titled left and back which with my bladder full they felt it was making it harder to pass the catheter. Once I did that, it was smooth sailing! Now, I'm wondering how long implantation takes. I imagine the doctors don't even know for sure. They advised to take it easy over the weekend; not laid up in bed, but don't go running a marathon either. lol

I can't tell you how happy and excited we are. If I don't hear from you this weekend, I'll be looking out for an update on Monday/Tuesday about your blood test. Have a wonderful weekend & take care

Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #38
    Hoping4another
    (female)

Hoping4another HB User

Hi all, Im new here- just found the board today..
    My name is Jill, this is our first IVF- I have 2 children from a previous
    relationship, but none with my husband. My husband has none of his own.

So..I guess I am on day 5 of stim. I went today and found that I am
    responding a little quicker than anticipated- estrogen went from 480 to 800.
    - not really sure how that plays out in the big picture. but I think they will be moving my retrieval date up a couple of days. I added the ganirelix to the menopur and gonal last night to slow things down. So now I have to go back every day to be monitored until retrieval day..(which right now looks like May 5 or 6) Anyone else with similar dates? Would love a cycle buddy, as this is our first IVF and although I am in the healthcare field.. this is all so new to me.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #39
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Congratulations Littlebo. I am so happy to hear your transfer went well and you transfered all 3. Like I said I would have done the same thing. So the waiting part is the torture of this process and it seems like most of what we do when we are not poking ourselves we are waiting. Waiting for our follicles waiting for our reports waiting for our transfers and then our tests. Remember to take care of yourself during the 2WW. I am so excited for you and your husband.
    Jenn

Old 04-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #40
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoping4another View Post
    Hi all, Im new here- just found the board today..
    My name is Jill, this is our first IVF- I have 2 children from a previous
    relationship, but none with my husband. My husband has none of his own.

So..I guess I am on day 5 of stim. I went today and found that I am
    responding a little quicker than anticipated- estrogen went from 480 to 800.
    - not really sure how that plays out in the big picture. but I think they will be moving my retrieval date up a couple of days. I added the ganirelix to the menopur and gonal last night to slow things down. So now I have to go back every day to be monitored until retrieval day..(which right now looks like May 5 or 6) Anyone else with similar dates? Would love a cycle buddy, as this is our first IVF and although I am in the healthcare field.. this is all so new to me.
    Welcome Jill,
    I am a bit ahead of you but wanted to welcome you and tell you good luck. I just finished my first IVF cycle so if you have any questions I can try and help.
    Good Luck with your cycle. Please keep us posted.
    Jenn

Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #41
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User

Thanks Jenn. These next 2 weeks willl be filled with alot of anticipation and hope. The nurses said we could do a HPT the day before my blood draw, but regardless of the result they wanted me to have the HCG level checked. They said the HPT only picks up levels above 25. I would think though if a HPT read negative and the level is below 25 that wouldn't be a very good sign the pregnancy took. I was curious if this is something you did prior to your blood test? I also wondered if you knew how long implantation takes after IVF? I did some reading last night and most sources (on the net) said 3-5 days after the transfer.

Jill, I wanted to say "Hey" and welcome. So glad to have you here. It sounds like your first cycle is starting off very well. I just finished my first ever IVF cycle, too. I didn't have the greatest stim and the doctors feel I'm one of those women that don't respond welll with the Lupron. If we need to do another cycle, the RE has already told us our treatment plan will change. I wish you the very best and lots of baby dust! Please keep us posted.

Hope to hear from you ladies soon. Have a great weekend

Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #42
    Hoping4another
    (female)

Hoping4another HB User

Hi all, today is my day 7- .....4 follicles on the R ranging from 20-15 and 4 on the left ranging from 18-12. My back is killing me and I feel like a bloated cow. Anyone else feel like this during stimulation? I am hoping for the trigger on Tues or Wed and the ER Thurs or Friday. I hope this bloating and generalized fat feeling goes away at some point.. Feeling weepy and tired and irritable and mad at myself for not feeling happier. after all I really do want to be pregnant very badly.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jill

Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #43
    littlebo
    (female)

littlebo HB User

Jill, I felt very bloated during my stim and noticed I gained weight. Not significant wt gain like OHSS. My weight went down 4 lbs the day after my egg retrieval!

Girls, I'm 2 days into my 2ww and already so anxious and wanting to know something. Of course, I'm having feelings like I am already pg. That's probably the PIO shots, right? My bb are sore and I was queasy this morning. I told DH yesterday that I felt like "something" was going on in my lower pelvic area. I know it's crazy and probably all in my head. But, when you've wanted something so much and for so long it's hard not to imagine it already happening!

It's been a great weekend and looking forward to next week. Have some family stuff going on that should help the time pass easily. I never like to wish time away, but honestly I can't wait till my first blood test!!!!

Have a good one and I'll ttys

Old 05-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #44
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Littlebo congratulations for surviving the first 2 days of the 2ww. I had symptons right after transfer as well very sore bb no nasuea but super tired. I started to worry when they went away as the trigger shot left my system. I did hpt starting at 8 days after my transfer and got a positive every day until my beta(I know a bit obsessive) and my number at 12 days past my transfer was 257. Below is a description of how it works in a 3 day transfer.
    **this is what happens in a 3dt :

**transfer day
    1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    5dpt.. Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
    fetal cells
    8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
    HPT
    This was super helpful for me and I hope you can use it. I am glad that you have things to do to keep you busy it is so hard not to obsess over each sign and syptom. I have my fingers crossed and am praying for a fast 2ww.
    Jenn

Old 05-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #45
    jadelspe
    (female)

jadelspe HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoping4another View Post
    Hi all, today is my day 7- .....4 follicles on the R ranging from 20-15 and 4 on the left ranging from 18-12. My back is killing me and I feel like a bloated cow. Anyone else feel like this during stimulation? I am hoping for the trigger on Tues or Wed and the ER Thurs or Friday. I hope this bloating and generalized fat feeling goes away at some point.. Feeling weepy and tired and irritable and mad at myself for not feeling happier. after all I really do want to be pregnant very badly.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jill
    I had a full feeling after about day 6 in my stims so that bloating is completely normal although unpleasant. Like Littlebo said weight gain is totally normal in this process and will eventually go away. I did not have any mood side effects but they are very common and most people get them.
    What got me through was the eye on the prize. Without this process I would not be able to get pregnant and have a baby so all the shots and unpleasantness was for a purpose and as long as I thought of it that way the bloating etc was fine.
    Good luck and please keep us posted as you progress.
    Jenn

Closed Thread