It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Hpv, CINII, COLPOSCOPY, LEEP AND ABNORMAL PAPS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
    gnicole
    (female)

gnicole HB User
    Hpv, CINII, COLPOSCOPY, LEEP AND ABNORMAL PAPS

Hi. I had an abnormal pap last year in april and again this year in March. My pap in April of 09 was ascus, negative for hpv. And In March of 10 was ascus again but positive for hpv.

I have been in a monogomas relationship for for plus years and get the whole frustrating fundamentals of hpv... So Im not pointing my finger. I however have no one to talk to about my situatin and get advise from cause as popular as it may be, people just dont air there dirty laudry. I know i myself have felt very uncomfortable about it.

Any who. I had a colposcopy after my 2010 pap and 2 biopsies were taken one came back normal and the other came back as high grade cin II. This is the first year that i have ever tested positive. My doctor reasured me that this is very very slow progressing, and scheduled me for LEEP. Im in no way trying to get out of the procedure but am looking for a way to prevent this from happening again. Im definately scared but more for reasons of not being able to create a family or them finding something past what the eye can see.

I have been doing a ton of research and was wondering instead of talking side effects if anyone could concuer my research with their own personal experiences. It never hurts to know as much as you can and be your best advocate.

I have found research shows that people with HPV have low levels of CoQ10, Vitamin D, A, B6, B12 and folic acid. Ive read someones experience with opting out of leep and going on this special mixture of vitamins which left her Hpv negative 6 months later and with a full intact cervix..

Ive also read that Lycopene helps. Which is naturally found in tomato sauces, pink grapefruit, watermelon and mangos.

I have quit smoking since i got my results positive hpv results in March 2010 cold turkey. Ive been taking rainbow light multi's for women and since reading about these things will be upping some doses to the recommended levels and or adding these vitamins to my regimen. Also throwing in some green tea extract, echinacea, and vitamin c. What ever it takes.

It also says a diet high in rich veggies and fruits help kick some hpv a**.

Im not recommending anyone try this at home because everyones result and real issues are different. Please dont try to self treat yourself off of my information, Im kindly just asking if anyone else has tried this or has more information for me? Like I said I have no one to talk to except for my doctors, friends and family. But none of these people have the physical proof as they do not have what so many of us have.

I wish everyone tons of luck! My procedure is on June 15th 2010. Stay positive and laugh... A man cured himself from laughter. Where thers a will theres a way.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-28-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: please do not post your email address

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
    LilyL21
    Veteran
    (female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
    Re: Hpv, CINII, COLPOSCOPY, LEEP AND ABNORMAL PAPS

Quiting smoking is probably the best thing you can do for as far as HPV is concerned, so good job on that! Pretty much every doctor told me that absolutely I should not smoke. I've never, ever smoked, but still they put this as #1 on the list.

I think the supplements we've talked about on here are beta glucan, this mushroom called coriolus (though really the mushroon and beta glucan are pretty much the same thing) and indole-3-carbinol (though that interferes with birth control) and folic acid.

About the LEEP, while I would never recommend not doing it, you should discuss with your doctor exactly what she is going to do. There is a serious amout of discretion involved. Some doctors like to conserve as much cervix as possible, and some like to remove well beyond the lesion to minimize the chance of recurrence.

I had CIN 1 and CIN 2, and my doctor only removed the tiniest area of CIN 2, it was about 2mm deep, and 3 mm in diameter. I have no studies to back this up, but I seriously can't imagine that removing a piece that small would have any negative consequences. (Of course in my case that sample end up showing AIS so I had to have a much larger piece removed anyway....)

The fact that you are no longer smoking definitely makes me think that you have an excellent shot at fighting it off. Smoking does really hurt your immune system. Besides, *most* women do fight it off after the LEEP, whether or not they make an effort to get healthy.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Living healthfully and consuming quality nutrients is important in regaining one's help at whatever optimal level he/she can have.

That being said, I haven't read any research, only anecdotal stories, on how supplements have helped "beat" HPV. I also know, from my own research, that most of the articles that I read about the importance of supplements were written by companies that sold supplements or by people who were boasting of a certain product's effects.

The only thing I've read, that didn't have a brand name attached to it was the value of folic acid. It is suppose to support cervical health, somehow.

Otherwise, life as healthful of a lifestyle as you can.

May I ask, how old are you? You need to make sure your doctor is aware of your desire to start a family so that he/she is cautious in how much cervix is removed during the LEEP.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
    gnicole
    (female)

gnicole HB User

Yes, Im 27. They are gonna remove all abnormal cells with enough to have healthy cells on the other end so when new tissue comes back it will be healthy. My doctors said that this would not effect my chances of having children but there are always those rare sideaffects such as cervical incompetence and etc.. Im going to a very good hospital, one of the best. I feel pretty confident in them.

What is AIS?

They said that after my leep they would send off the removed tissue for further biopsy. Obviously like everything else having to do with hpv there is no one answer, so asking what they think would happen didnt matter much being everyone is different. Because I have followed up every year and never missed a pap they said the chance that it would come back worse is very low. They said that this is very slow progressing. Im just hoping for the best.

Since Ive quit smoking I dont even let people smoke around me. Im not taking this situation lightly. Im eating tons of raw veggies, fruit and carefully junking out on vitamins. It is very frustrating to have hpv. Im trying to not let the things i cant control, control me. I am trying to do what ever it takes to kick this mean infection to the curb.. Thanks for responding.
    I wasn't sure what I would get back. I feel its important to blog tho, I had to find most of these things out via google so it helps.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

AIS is adenocarcinoma in situ. Some people refer to it as the lowest level of cancer (stage 0), others say it is the highest level of precancer (above CIN III). Either way, it is damage to the glandular/columnar cells in the cervical canal not the squamous cells on the outer cervix.

Paps usually only sample squamous cells on the outer cervix. ECC (endocerivcal curettage) is the only non-surgical way to sample the glandular/columnar cells in the cervical canal. The LEEP (which is a surgery) and CKCs (cold knife cone biopsies) are surgical ways to sample the cells from the outer cervix AND the cervical canal.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
    queenfluff
    (female)

queenfluff HB User
    Re: Hpv, cinii, colposcopy, leep and abnormal paps

gnicole,

I just had a LEEP done 3 weeks ago (I am still bleeding it is frustrating) but here is one thing I learned about HPV. The body CAN get rid of it but it can also come back - it is a virus. It can lay dormant in your body undetected (not even show up on a PAP) before it will all of a sudden come up and show up on a PAP. This especially frustrating because you will never be able to figure out when or who you got it from (unless you have only had one sexual partner - than you can blame them! )

The point is your body needs to get of the HPV. Some people bodys immune systems are not as good and don't get of it that easily. Men have it too but there is no test for them and they never get problems like we women.

That said, I have been a vegetarian (and now a vegan and even a raw food vegan for a time) for 20 years and I still got it (Im 40). So, honestly, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but viruses are hard to get rid of and even if you are very healthy and eat a healthy diet and avoid smoking and what not. I don't think their are any guarantees any more than eating a certain diet or taking certain supplements will get rid of or stop you from getting anything. Things like this are also genetic. Point too, I just found out 3 months ago I have genetic Type 2 diabetes and I am 5'4" and weigh 110 lbs. So not sometimes you do all these things like eating healthy and taking vitamins and you still get the bad end of things.

My doctor also mentioned the Folic Acid for the cervic. I am not saying you should give up on the healthy diet and supplements - yes go ahead and do them but don't put all your faith it. You are young so you are lucky you are starting now. Vitamins (esp synthetic ones) are not miracle workers - in the end, it is best to get these things from your natural food sources.

If you are really interested in a radical alternative way to treat cervical cancer, a woman named Brenda Cobb, treated her cervical (and breast) cancer with a raw food diet and avoid all the treatements. I heard her speak once. I think she has a book on it.

Closed Thread