It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• tummy tuck --my PS says no compression garment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
    otksaunt
    (female)

otksaunt HB User
    tummy tuck --my PS says no compression garment

Hi there. I will be having a TT in a few months, and my PS says he doesn't require a compression garment. I should have asked why and will do so at the pre-op appt, but I'm wondering if anyone out there had a TT without a garment. I do know he requires it for his lipo patients, but not TT.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

otksaunt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
    ST22
    (female)

ST22 HB User
    Re: tummy tuck --my PS says no compression garment

Hi otksaunt, I'm not really sure why he says you don't need one. I have never heard of that before. You will have a rough recovery and you will need a garment. My plastic surgeon always requires them. It just holds everything together and makes it more comfortable. He will be bring your muscles together and pulling them tight....you will definitely need some support. You can always ask for one, he will charge you extra though. My surgeon usually puts in a pain pump at the time of surgery as well, since it is a painful surgery. I hope this helps!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
    joyful5
    (female)

joyful5 HB User

I had a mini TT in March and the compression garment was a life saver for me. It not only helped me feel as if I had some support (because there was minor muscle repair underneath) but it help keep fluid from building up. I wasn't wearing it tight enough and I had fluid build up. The PS showed me how to wear it with just the right amount of compression and it helped with the fluid retention. He also recommended that I wear spanx or spandex type biker shorts underneath clothes during the day after a couple of weeks.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
    Kimesie
    (female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User

Do you mean not even a binder? My doctor just uses a binder. I can't imagine not using a binder with a full tuck. I am 3 weeks past surgery now and I wouldn't want to be without mine yet. Sometimes I loosen mine when I am lying down, and I adjust it according to how much support I feel I need at the moment, but I wouldn't feel right without it. I wear a thin cotton undershirt under it and that makes it more comfortable because you can pull down on the part of the undershirt sticking out the bottom and that shifts the skin around and keeps from having too much pressure always on one spot.

Last edited by Kimesie; 08-09-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Closed Thread