It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Knee and back pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
    barb70
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

barb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB User
    Re: Knee and back pain

I hope you are right about every knee being different. As you know I am still having pain after all of this time. And now to top it off and I cannot believe this happened. I was in Encinitas at the beach home we rented and it had this beautiful deck that had the lower level two steps down. I commented to my granddaughter that since it was all the same color - kind of a rusty brown and ran together I thought the top step should be painted white to make one aware of those steps. I was very careful going down until one day I was carrying several things and did not look down and went down on my bare TKR knee. I was scared to death that something awful happened. My son-in-law found me and got me up and put an ice bag on immediately. I finally reached a doctor from the Med Center here where I had it done and he questioned me about did it bleed, how bad was it, etc. Thank goodness I can walk about the same as before and it just has a scrape across the incision. But I'm thinking I maybe should check with the nurse Monday and see if it should be X-rayed. If it is okay all I can say is that doc did a great job if I could fall on it like that and all is well. It will be a week because I just got home at midnight today.
    Of all things to happen...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
    jerseyboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jerseyboy HB Userjerseyboy HB User

Thank God your ok Barb, that must have been scary! I have heard from others also that have had falls that everything was ok aside from the abrasion. I guess these bionic knees are pretty tough
    Right TKR 3-31-10
    Left TKR 7-7-10
    Left Revision 7-28-14
    Right Revision 9-30-14

Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
    barb70
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    Thank God your ok Barb, that must have been scary! I have heard from others also that have had falls that everything was ok aside from the abrasion. I guess these bionic knees are pretty tough
    I sure hope so, but a few people have told me I still should have it X-rayed. I will call the nurse tomorrow.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #19
    jinxm29
    (female)

jinxm29 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SFBayArea View Post
    I was injured on the job in 2009. I have been having knee and back pain since the injury. I had an XRay, MRI and arthrogram done on my knee, but the doctors day they do not see anything wrong with my knee. My knee was never checked by an orthopedic seeing that the 3 diagnostic tests showed negative of my knee. I had cortisone shots to my knee, but no relief after the first 2hours from the procedure. After the injections, pain still persists.

Then why am I still having pain around my knee cap and the outside of my knee? The doctor told me that I am going to have to deal with the pain and hope the pain goes away. Does this mean my knee injury is a permanent & stationary situation?

I had an XRay and MRI done on my back. Orthopedic said my MRI showed a small bulge in my spine, but nothing needing surgery. MRI also showed two facet joints in my spine. I had cortisone shots on the two facet joints. I also had cortisone shots on my SI joint for SI Dysfunction. I am still having pain in my back.

The doctor now wants to do another injection on two trigger points. I know that too many cortisone shots in the body is not good especially if it is multiple injections in one area, this being my back. What happens if my back pain persists just like my knee pain?

I can't walk, stand or sit for long periods of time, not even for an hour long. My knee hurts when straightend or twisted in any direction. My back and leg begins to hurt with movements. I can't sleep at night due to the pain. I wake up in the middle of the night in pain. It is difficult to climbed stairs, especially seeing my house is a two-story house. I can't kneel down on my knee because of the pain from the pressure.

The doctors keep telling me they do not know what is wrong with my knee. As for my back, they keep wanting to do injections and do not know what else they can do to help relieve the pain in my back. The doctors had me on tons of medications to the point where I am affraid of my liver deteriating from the hard medications they had me on.

The doctors are now talking about getting ready to do a P&S report. But what happens if I am not fully relieved from the pain?

I am desperate to be able to do the normal things I used to do, but am not getting any relief from the pain I keep having everyday. It's been so depressing and stressful being in this much pain on a daily basis. I don't know what to do.
    Hi

My father in law does construction and has had knee troubles for years. Recently he has been taking a product called Neprinol, it has helped him with the pain. Its all natural, you can google it to find out more about it. Good Luck!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #20
    jerseyboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jinxm29 View Post
    Hi

My father in law does construction and has had knee troubles for years. Recently he has been taking a product called Neprinol, it has helped him with the pain. Its all natural, you can google it to find out more about it. Good Luck!
    Another OTC med I was taking is called Glocosimein (sp) with MSM. I took it for about 6 months but honestly, I was in so much pain from bone on bone, I couldn't say if it worked or not. Others I have spoken to about it swear by it though.
    Right TKR 3-31-10
    Left TKR 7-7-10
    Left Revision 7-28-14
    Right Revision 9-30-14

Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
    barb70
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I take Osteo bi-Flex for the arthritis in my hand and it works very well. It has the MSN in it also.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #22
    jerseyboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barb70 View Post
    I take Osteo bi-Flex for the arthritis in my hand and it works very well. It has the MSN in it also.
    That's the same was I was talking about
    Right TKR 3-31-10
    Left TKR 7-7-10
    Left Revision 7-28-14
    Right Revision 9-30-14

Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Glucosamine can work for some. But you have to take it daily and you can't take it only for pain, it's more of a maintenance process where you take it continually.

I also take it and am not sure how much it's helped for my knees so I keep taking it just in case.

Closed Thread