It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day #1 no vicodin. HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #31
    rosebuddy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
    Re: Day #1 no vicodin. HELP!

If you really want to get clean and stay clean, you gotta flush those babies and you need to tell that doctor that you are addicted to vicodin and not to give you anymore. And tell any pain mgmt doc the same. Just do it. You are playing a game and you won't win til you have no way to get the pills. And tramadol/ultrams are addictive too just so you know. I didn't know until I checked on this board and it's not even considered a narcotic. I have chronic pain too. I called the doc today and was honest about it and told them not to give me anymore. I feel so free and relieved and proud of myself. It was so hard to do in the past and I kept relapsing because i would give in and get the refills. I was so worried that I would need them for my pain and i didn't want to not have any access for pain relief. I am tapering now, I don't have to go cold turkey. I have a blog. keep up the good work and take that next step. If i can do it, you can too. And you will feel really good about yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #32
    beachdude
    (male)

beachdude HB User
    Re: Day #1 no vicodin. HELP!

Hey there, i feel ya. Listen u can do this. If you want to not let this drug control your life and be free from it, you are going to need to be strong as you can and just cope with feeling no good for a week. I Just quit taking around 80mg of vicodin for 5 months straight, im now on day 5 and things are MUCH better. The first two days were the worse and then after that they got better. If you want to speed things up, i suggest MAKING yourself get out and go for RUNS, walk or a nice hike. It will help get those endorphins going and releave some of the restless leg symptoms temporarly. But honestly theres not real way out of it. U just have to pretend you have the flu becuase its basically an intense flu like feeling and there is and end to it, even though it doesnt feel that way. Don't give up or else you will have to start all over again and you have to stop sometime! Good luck to you and stay strong!

Closed Thread