It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Question for Skin Culture Peel users

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2002, 01:02 AM   #16
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    Re: Question for Skin Culture Peel users

Hello, sorry I havent posted until tonight, I was in Vegas and driving back home all day. I used the normalizer for the first time last night. Much easier to apply and take off than that stupid peel. It was a real pain, it took me close to half an hour to get all of that off my face each night, where as the cream takes just five minutes to apply then remove. When I got something to eat this morning for lunch, afterwards the skin around my mouth became extremely flaky. Not above my lip in the mustache area, but on my chin and beard area. My skin also feels very tight everywhere else. Still no signs of peeling anywhere else though. My skin isn't wrinkly at all in those areas, nor is it red. My skin actually looks better believe it or not because my red marks and blotchy skin have been blended because my skin is still darker in complexion than is usually is. Hopefully at some point the rest of my skin will start to peel as well. I am more optimistic about that happening now than I was a couple of days ago, but I'm still not sure if the rest of my skin will peel or not. I will continue applying the normalizer cream until I run out, so hopefully that will help.

BTW, I used to use Retin A Micro, but discontinued the use of that about 2 months ago. Currently I am just using Sage's Facial Shampoo and corrective grains, although I haven't use that since I started the peel, and I am taking B-5. Also, this is the first peel of any kind that I have done, although I have done 2 microderms about 6 months ago and a series of 6 saline injections, about 4 months ago.

I will post again tomorrow to let you guys know what's happening.

Randy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2002, 09:36 AM   #17
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

hello all,
    its day 5 and i will be going to work. my face is in pretty much the same condition as yesterday morning. still a bit red, still tight (especially around the eye, mouth,cheek areas). im still peeling some around those areas and have begun to peel a bit on my forehead and nose. still nothing as far as peeling in the beard area. im hoping i begin to peel a bit more when i start using the normalizer cream.
    michael

Old 10-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #18
    Jani

Jani HB User

Hey nightonearth and RPMcCalip,

How is the peel going with the two of you?

Old 10-26-2002, 10:49 AM   #19
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

hey jani,
    its day 6 btw--right now im only peeling in my cheek area next to my nose, also a bit on my chin. hopefully it extends out to the rest of my cheek and beard area soon. most of my cheek area is a bit wrinkled up so i expect it to peel soon. my forehead feels a bit tight and wrinkled as well. i just hope it all peels in the next 3 days but i have a feeling it may take a bit longer.
    i actually dont look that bad and could have went to work today w/out much of a worry in how i look.
    you asked earlier about what i have taken in the past. i have never had a peel or taken retin-a. i did take accutane 3 yrs ago and it worked great. i will be taking accutane again soon as acne has began to creap back on my body and a bit on my face.
    michael

Old 10-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #20
    Jani

Jani HB User

Hey nightonearth,

It's nice to hear from you! It seems like Zittcow said when she did this peel, it cleared her face of the active pimples/acne (although I may be thinking of something/someone else).

Are you peeling or just flaking?

Thanks for your update..............

Old 10-26-2002, 11:53 AM   #21
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

im peeling but in small areas.
    michael

Old 10-27-2002, 04:36 PM   #22
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

just an update--its day 7 and i have begun to peel on a larger area of my forhead/cheeks. also have started to peel on parts of my beard area. still going to be at least 3 days id say before i have finished peeling.
    michael

Old 10-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #23
    Denise1
    Inactive

Denise1 HB User

How does your "new" skin look, night?

Were you doing this for scarring, red spots, acne, what? Do you see any of the peeled areas as improved?

Old 10-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #24
    Jani

Jani HB User

nightonearth,
    It looks like you are getting some good progress.

RPMcCalip,
    How are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a few days.

Good Luck to Both of You..........

Old 10-27-2002, 09:47 PM   #25
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

hey denise & jani,
    its hard to say how my new skin looks because a large area hasnt fully peeled as yet and i have a full beard that im waiting to shave when im done so i will hold off and not give results until im almost finished peeling.
    the reason i tried the peel was to see how much i could improve the look of my skin overall. it wasnt really for any particular problem. i dont have scaring and i didnt take it due to acne as i dont really have any on my face. however i do have a small laugh line, forehead lines and some red marks and wasnt looking for anything dramatic, just kind of a small risk ($ wise) to see if maybe some of the things i have heard and saw regarding the peel were accurate.
    michael

Old 10-28-2002, 04:29 AM   #26
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hello, sorry it's been a few days since my last post. I am going to wait until it's all over before I give an evaluation of the peel, as I don't want to say anything negative about it before it's finished. So far none of my forehead has peeled, the entire area around my mouth has peeled completely, about half of the beard area has peeled, and some of the skin on my cheeks is beginning to peel. I am somewhat disappointed because the word "peel" isn't entirely true, it's much more of a flaking for me. It's like you get a mild sunburn and the skin sort of peels/flakes off from that. My skin hasn't been red the entire time, nor has it been irritated at all. I was very surprised by that. I didn't even need to take last week off, but I wish I had taken this week off, as I have to go to work tomorrow with my skin flaking off pretty bad. She be a fun two or three days. I'll post again Tuesday or Wednesday, as soon as the skin finishes peeling, and let you guys know what I thought of it.

Randy

Old 10-28-2002, 03:54 PM   #27
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

hey,
    its day 8 and i have pretty much the same status as randy. i have to go back to work tomorrow as well and almost every area of my face is peeling/flaking. the only areas that havent yet peeled are the cheek/beard area near my sideburns and my forhead (except for the center which is peeling some). i rather not have to go to work like this but it doesnt look that bad and i am very self-conscious so if it did trust me id be home tomorrow.
    anyway, it looks like ill be peeling all week. if i had to guess id say ill be totally done peeling by sometime this coming weekend. it does suck as i was hoping to be done by tomorrow but i had a feeling it would take long as i didnt begin to peel w/ the tester for some time.
    i, like randy will wait to give my opinion until i have at least 95% peeled. it is hard to tell right now because im peeling in small areas all over my face.
    i cant wait to shave and clean my face but i must fight on. heh.
    michael

Old 10-28-2002, 04:00 PM   #28
    Jani

Jani HB User

nightonearth,

Have fun at work tomorrow HaHaHa.....
    I'm just picking on you!!
    I Do hope you get good results when you finish peeling....

Old 10-28-2002, 04:15 PM   #29
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

heh, thanx jani. ill make sure i stay away from all the close-talkers.

Old 10-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #30
    canada2k

canada2k HB User

just putting this back to the top! how is the peel going guys?

Closed Thread