It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Tingling, Pins and Needles, not really numb at all.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
    Bball92
    (male)

Bball92 HB User
    Tingling, Pins and Needles, not really numb at all.

Ive been having so many problems one after the other.. Anxiety, ADD, and now this.

For the most part I can't really tell if the anxiety is still there. I still get a little nervous but I don't have that extreme anxious feeling when I used to when I'd get worried.

But recently I was prescribed with Adderall for ADD and I started feeling tingling, pins and needle like sensations all over my body. They started in the back of my head and upper neck and then went to my forearms and shins. They'll go other places like my fingers, elbows, knees and feet as well.

I went to the doctor today and they said that my vitals are fine and that it could be a number of things and to wait until I speak with my counselor to figure out whether it's my body reacting to the Adderall or not.

EDIT: I'm also having a bit of a hard time focusing with my eyes.

What should I do? I'm in a tight spot.

Last edited by Bball92; 10-18-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
    Re: Tingling, Pins and Needles, not really numb at all.

Well I can't tell you what to do that is your decision but I have the belief that some of the meds some people have taken have done them permanent nerve damage. Some people on Adderall have started what is called tics and if you get those you could end up with those the rest of your life. One person who started tics started with a weird jittery muscle action first trembling through the body. Later it ended up being a permanent tic. A med called Ativan, an infection and or Clinidimycin may or may not have been involved.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
    Bball92
    (male)

Bball92 HB User

Well i only took a couple doses. I don't think it would've effected me that much in that short of time.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Well I know someone who was affected after a 1 dose of clindimycin and after 1 dose of ativan. Some people can have an allergy to something and die very quickly. We are talking about the nervous system which cannot be fixed once it does not work properly. Believe me a tic is not fun day after day.

Closed Thread