It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Tingling and shaking?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
    mnpatel
    (female)

mnpatel HB User
    Tingling and shaking?

Hi all,

Im new here and wondered if anyone had ever had any experience of tingling or tremors caused by anxiety.

I've suffered on and off for years with depression and anxiety.

5-6 years ago i went through a terrible time of panic attacks and health anxiety i was convinced i was going to die. then one day i started the pins and needles down the left hand side of my body. many Dr's and MRI scans later and i was told it was GAD.

Since then i've been up and down but mainly my anxiety has felt under control. I do still get very anxious about things and i also suffer from PCOS. I admit to being a bit OCD and have emetaphobia (i have had it since being a child). i have also recently developed quite a serious obsession with a singer (i would daydream about him all day)

2 weeks ago i started to notice i was getting the shakes which i put down to too much coffee (i was drinking about 8 cups a day). over the following 2 weeks the tingles came back along with crawling and buzzing sensations all over my body. for the last week i have had the constant shakes from head to toe.

I saw a neuro who said maybe ms and i had a near nervous breakdown. my symptoms went crazy and i realised quite how mentally unstable i have been recently.

I suppose what i am wondering is has anyone ever experienced any similar symptoms brought on by anxiety?

Thanks
    M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
    Altari
    (female)

Altari HB UserAltari HB User
    Re: Tingling and shaking?

I've never experienced the shakes for that long. However, whenever I have a "major" panic attack, I can spend the better part of the afternoon shaking. The first time it happened, I was pregnant and convinced I was having a heart attack. I was diagnosed with GAD as well.

I also get the "creepy crawlies", like there are insects crawling over my skin. Even worse, sometimes it feels like I'm going to (literally) jump out of my skin. My ears also "buzz" and I frequently have boughts of dissociation, which makes my extremities tingle.

Have you identified your triggers? It's not always something that really sets it off, but you probably have things that make it more likely and/or worse when it happens. For example, if I avoid processed foods, my panic attacks are fairly mild - just a few minutes of fear that subsides quickly and I can distract myself from. If my diet is really bad, I can spend almost an entire day dealing with the panic.

Best of luck!

Closed Thread