It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Zoloft/ Day 1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: Zoloft/ Day 1

My sister says she tried Zoloft and it did her the same way....so you may have to switch meds...call your doc and let them know how you're feeling. the first week I took it, I felt blaaaah.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #17
    MaryA
    (female)

MaryA HB UserMaryA HB User

I just started...I cant quit yet and 12.5 really?? Well, im spiraling down into panic land. I barely managed to do the dishes. I'm freaking or dying!! lol = not funny though. I'm holding off on the Xanax, but barely. I need to calm down!! :'( Nothing is even happening...why am I scared of nothing?!?! DARN it!! Heart rate is up, not surprising. Gonna try to go 1/2 hr and deep breathe before i take Xanax. REally scared here.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

don't be scared...it can't kill you.....it's only in your thoughts...so push those thoughts away. You really don't have enough in your system yet to determine if you are one of the ones that it affects that way.....I don't think. it's 52 degrees here in arkansas...wish it was where you are so you could go outside. Take a hot bath!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to flintrock:
    MaryA (01-28-2011)
    Old 01-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
    V_dubgurl
    Veteran
    (female)

V_dubgurl HB User

The first two weeks are the hardest... I also felt that speedy feeling. You must keep your mind busy. Your body has to get used to the chemical the pill is releasing. When I started the zoloft it made my anxiety alot worse before it got better. That is normal for some reason. Just hang in. The key is to stay busy. Do little projects around the house. I recently painted cute little circles on my daughters play room. LOL And I think I cleaned so much you can literally eat of my floor. This week was my 4th week on the zoloft and I can honestly say that I can relax a bit more. My anxiety isn't completly gone which makes me think I need to bump up, but I'm gona hang here at 25 for a bit longer. Everything you are saying I have just went through, and I'm alive. Your not dying.
    I did notice though, once I bumped up to 25 from 12.5 I felt alot better, and the side effects started to linger off. Oh and, once you get over the fear of taking the pill, you will relax ALOT more. Believe me, I don't even take advil for a headache. Hehe..

Last edited by V_dubgurl; 01-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to V_dubgurl:
    MaryA (01-28-2011)
    Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

That should make you feel a lot better!! I started at 25 and then 7 days later to 50...so just hang in there girlfriend....next week you'll feel like a new person.....wish we didn't have to take anything, but sometimes you have to.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #21
    MaryA
    (female)

Hi Flintrock and Vdub! WOW!....I had a terrible late afternoon, early evening. I suffered all day, and you know I told myself to get up and try...all I did was help my brother peal potatoes and I felt sooo heavy and breathless and angry too. I forced myself to eat, and then my brother said "Do the dishes" He's 22 and I'm so glad he cooked but he made a mess, hes not a clean as you go kind of person like I am. It was just such a disaster. I stood there looking at him and I could not say a word, and hes like "Are you ok?" ugggg... I was so unbelieveably angry at him and everyone...like something tragic happened. He's not in my mind or body, and I cant blame him at all but It's just so hard. I slammed outside on our balcony and huffed and puffed over nothing...and my heart was just racing. I came in and took a Xanax and of course 1/2 hr later I'm wondering if it was really as bad of a day as it seemed, and yes, it really was. I thought I was going to stop the Zoloft, just quit. My mom asked me if I'll be able to pick her up from something next Thursday... I'm wondering why shes asking me now...maybe she actually has a clue of how much I'm suffering. She just said it in a weird way. You guys are really helping me, more then you know. I'm going to think positive and do it all again tomorrow. Even though I want off the Xanax, I'm feeling I'm going to need it during the rough times or else I'll stop the Zoloft prematurely, and I want to give it a full chance, so I cant feel guilty. Oh, i watched a show about actors who died..one was Heath Ledger? = They flashed Xanax across the screen. He did take like 6 things but when I'm panicking , its not good to see that lol Also, some wife , they said she was on Zoloft. Bad day for watching "E' Tv. Wont do that again
    I'm going to start fresh tomorrow, Day 4 , bring it on!!! TY TY!! (hugs) Hope you guys are doing well!!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
    MaryA
    (female)

One more thing.... Thank you God for letting me still sleep well at night. I love 99% of my nights, I'm cozy, warm and love my bed. My mind doesnt work overtime at night...its the best time of day, and I cherish it. Ok, done talking to myself.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #23
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sounds like a tough day. But hey, there's always tomorrow. My sister called me tonight and said as she was getting out of the shower she had a panic attack. She hasn't had one in a long time. So, I talked her through until she settled. She takes xanax when she absolutely has to, and tonight was one of those times. So, as long as you take it every once in awhile, when you really need it. She is weaning off them now, but tonight she needed it. So, don't watch that stuff that they show on TV, those people are over-dosing themselves. You are going to do fine tomorrow. Before you put your feet on the floor, say a prayer to just get you through this day. that's all. this one day. We will handle tomorrow, tomorrow!!!! So, gets some rest and relax...watch something funny on TV....and meditate....it really is relaxing.................(hugs)

Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #24
    MaryA
    (female)

I've been reluctant to come on this morning because I feel kind of like a let down, well just a little. I made the decision last night before bed to stop taking the Zoloft. Well, I'm giving myself a week or so and It'll still be here to begin again if I really cant change things, but somehow I feel I can overcome this on my own. I'm happy with my decision at this time. There are things I can do that I havent done. that I'm sure will be hard but I'm going to give it my all. I'm going to the library...I mean my legs will shake, and be jelly, and I'll feel like everyone is looking at me, and ill be lightheaded but I'll do it anyway, because I've forced myself before. I'll stick to taking 1/2 xanax for the first few times out like I used too, and only a whole one if I have a panic attack , but this anxiety.....it's just made me angry and im not letting it do this. I'll go to the store and walk (exercise) if I have too. Anyway..I dont really know what to say, I hope im not letting anyone down, but I guess it comes down to me anyway in the end. I will start over if I really have too, but I just dont like the Idea of taking them when I havent tried as hard as i would like.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You aren't letting anyone down. You know yourself better than anyone else...but I do wish you'd talk to your doc.....He may want to change meds...you never know...i've been told you don't really feel the effects of Zoloft for about 2-4 weeks. Is that what your doc told you? We are here for you!!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #26
    MaryA
    (female)

Hey there. So, its going on my 3rd day of stopping the Zoloft and I'm still glad I chose this route. I have not called my Dr. yet because I really dont know what to tell her. I want to give this a full week, and keep moving and trying my hardest with exercise, mediation, breathing, and relaxation and see how it goes. I've felt good for the last two days, probably because I'm relieved to be off Zoloft and the medicine nervousness is gone. I think my positive attitude is helping. I still have most of my anxiety issues....dizzy, jelly legs, fast heart rate, head twitch and hot flashes but im dealing. I've driven to the library and everything went fine. I'm taking my Xanax 3/4s of a pill around 12-2 pm and it helps me all day, well, at least through my really rough hours. I definately dont want to try another SSRI seeing as I didnt give Zoloft the chance. I'll wait and see and it'll be here if things get to be to hard to handle.

Closed Thread