It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Bye bye...opiates......hello vodka and bud light

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
    Homie2011
    (female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User
    Bye bye...opiates......hello vodka and bud light

off opiates for....who cares! Hello vodka! Never been a drinker.....but hey I'm leaving las vegas....love being drunk! New addiction.......wish me luck or death.....you judge......you are good at it. Who ever YOU are! Kiss my sweet...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
    dbrock
    (male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User
    Re: Bye bye...opiates......hello vodka and bud light

Not serious right? Maybe just been drinking a bit?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
    oxygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

bless her heart i do believe she was a wee bit intoxicated when posting this. lol. keep on the road kim u can do it!

The following user gives a hug of support to oxygirl:
    Homie2011 (02-27-2011)
    Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
    Homie2011
    (female)

ok...ok.ok..its not my new addiction..but it was fun....we went to Jemez Mountains and it was so beautiful, so Mom thougth hey a lil vodka,,,well pint ran out and dad was drinking bud light so....i started there...oh no...hard liquor and mommy dont mix.....i am glad to report no hangover...but the bedspins like a muttther...............thanks guys for caring.....and making fun of me LOL

Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
    MikeMass
    (male)

MikeMass HB UserMikeMass HB User

Hey that's what I did for the 2 years I was away from Oxy. Drank heavy to kill the nerve pain a bit...didn't work nearly as good but needed something. Happy to say I'm back on the oxy and everything is in total control. Not making the same mistake as the first time and going way overboard. Sucks when you like a drug very much, but it's the same drug that enables you get out of bed and walk without crying. lol

The following user gives a hug of support to MikeMass:
    Homie2011 (02-18-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMass For This Useful Post:
    Homie2011 (02-18-2011)
    Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
    MikeMass
    (male)

tnx homie!

Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
    Homie2011
    (female)

I saw my dr last week and he warned me that if after spinal cord stim....if I'm not doing well back on opiates...oh god!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
    MikeMass
    (male)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Homie2011 View Post
    I saw my dr last week and he warned me that if after spinal cord stim....if I'm not doing well back on opiates...oh god!
    Not looking forward to that huh? Scared to abuse?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #9
    Homie2011
    (female)

No not scared to abuse......I don't want to go back....only forward and opiates are wheeling backwards...I don't want opiates abusing me.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
    oxygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Hey Homie, I know you don't want to use the opiates and believe me I wish nobody had to. But please read as much as u can about the spinal cord stimulator because my mama had the trial one in and it worked great and then when they put the permanent one in it was HORRIBLE! It would shock her and the thing had to be adjusted several times. We finally figured that the leads had slipped some. They are not supposed to put it in if you have a crooked spine and hers is extremely crooked. She had the thing removed and now she claims to be in more pain than she was to begin with. Her quality of life has definitely declined. I am not saying it won't work for you. I sincerely hope that it does. But I also know that it is an expensive procedure and that doctors make a lot of money when they put them in and then they make a lot of money when they remove them. So good luck and let us know how that works for you.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
    Homie2011
    (female)

you know the sad thing? Is I'm gettinguess my second scs on monday..I g uess we get desperate & will try anything....my next step is death....9 yrs later.....what's left?

Old 02-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
    painman2009
    Veteran
    (male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User

hey sweety. I dont like talk like that.. we need you to stay strong we need you to help yourself as you help us . i have seen some of the advice you give and it is solid...now i ask you do the same..death isnt the answer its an easy way out and even then there is no guarentee..it could be even worse than what you feel now..if you can i suggest that you find a way to go some place natural like a lake or arboritum and take in nature..you will see serenity there if you ler youself. that is life. that is why we live. your family needs you. and o know that is hard to believe but its true..you have an artistic heart and mind look at how nature builds bring some of what you love inside..my wife is getting me to make inside landscapes from potted plants. its not the same true but it helps...I know that you have it really ruff but there is more life in you and you have so much more to give to effect a possitive change in this world..when you answer me i fell less alone in the world and i see the other people you answer are better for it..lean on us when you need to. please stick around. god speed and with love painman

The following user gives a hug of support to painman2009:
    Homie2011 (02-27-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to painman2009 For This Useful Post:
    Homie2011 (02-27-2011)
    Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
    oxygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

no death homie! we need u here to help keep us an everyone else going. I understand about the scs though. it is kind of like the last resort. I just wanted to make u awre of what my mama went through. it was awful. i hope urs does well. everyone is different u know. have u ever tried cymbalta? it is an antidepressent that has a mild stimulant in it. sounds crazy doesn't it? well I have been on it for week and half now and it seems to be working. I am not saying u need it. I just think it helps give me some energy. that is also one of my problems. i have fibromyalgia and i am constantly tired. i hate it. all my family are older and more energetic. just doesn't seem fair to me that i am always so freakin tired. then add the pain and i am just the life of the party. everyone always jokes about me sleeping or not being able to do as much because i am always hurting. well just take it easy and i guess pray about the scs. ttyl girl peace out..........

Old 02-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
    Homie2011
    (female)

Thanks painman (what are you doing here in addiction?) And oxygirl............you both are right. Would love to post more but just don't have it in me....rsd is raging & the scs won't get out of mind.....I have a bad feeling about this.......I keep having nightmares that I'm paralyzed from procedure.....didn't feel this way about cervical scs.....I think im getting tired from treatment.....just 24 hours without rsd would be so nice.....rsd has had 9 years....I deserve a break!
    I won't drink anymore..it feels too good...so good I broke 2 toes....

Old 02-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #15
    Homie2011
    (female)

Painman..
    I know why you are here, now...are you still on methadone and oxys? How odd...why don't pain patients get high? If we could..it might be worth it.....when I tell people that...I get the rollg of eyes.

Closed Thread