It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro for anxiety... My daily experience with it.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #31
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User
    Re: Lexapro for anxiety... My daily experience with it.

Hey just checking in on you to see how your insomnia is. The doctor dropped my sister lex dose down to 10 mg instead of 15 because he thinks its sending here mood over the top. We had to add a mood stabilizer back in and started it today. (Not a good day) I am considering going back on Lex but really not looking forward to the jaw pain. It also made my headaches worse. Anyway just checking on you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

day 37 to 40....

Last week I nearly sweat myself to death which is weird for me cause I never used to before lexapro... For the last 2 days though I have not been sweating so I hope it's not here to stay. I'm still having trouble falling asleep at night. No matter how tired and sleepy I feel I have not been able to get to sleep before 1 or 2AM and this last few days has been more around 3AM. My moods have been stable, I'm more tolerant of situations and certain people who used to get on my nerves and stress me out. As for motivation, I'm still no super woman but I do enjoy getting out and doing things. I've not been having sleepy spells through the day. I'm 100% enjoying motherhood more. It's feeling less hard, I have a healthy outlook about it..... Lexapro so far the pro's are it's made me feel easy going and relaxed. The con's for me have been insomnia and sweating. I've heard about it making people grind their teeth, causing jaw pain but so far it's not done that for me but I'm only on 5mg's..... I still have not gone up to 7.5.....

Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #33
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

day 41 though 47...

I've been on lexapro for almost 7 weeks now....

I only had one new thing happen that I thought was weird.... One day I got very hyper/over excited for around 1/2 an hour about something that was exciting but not THAT exciting. The same thing happened to me ages ago when I took too high of a dose of zoloft..... Anyway, I'm not sure why it happened now out of the blue?? It did subside and has not happened again so far.

This past week, all the sweating and other side effects I've had since starting this has stopped. I've still been having trouble sleeping. It's taking me about 2 hours of laying down to fall asleep so I've started going to bed earlier in order to get enough sleep and still be able to get up when I need to. 2 nights ago I skipped taking my lexapro at night and took it the next day at 2 pm to see if it would help with the sleeping issues and see if I would feel any side effects as I did in the first few weeks. I did not have any odd feelings or side effects from taking it in the day. It didn't make me sleepy or anything at all and I was more tired by midnight than before.

I'll see if taking it in the day helps with falling alseep faster at night over the next week. I'll be picking up 5mg lexapro instead of the 10mg and splitting. I was going to split the 5mg's and take 7.5mgs..... I'm feeling pretty good on 5 now that I have adjusted to it so I may not up my dose. I've heard that you wont really know the full effects of SSRI's till after 2 months of use and I'm glad I have waited this long before upping my dose or else I wouldn't have had a chance to see how well I'm feeling on 5mgs!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #34
    singact
    (female)

singact HB User

Thanks for your updates. So you would say you're happy on it and it's helped you? I switched from Zoloft to Lexapro this Monday and I'm feeling the same as always-very anxious/depressed. I'm hoping it will help.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #35
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, I'm feeling a normal range of emotions and am having more pleasure doing things. My anxiety is gone, thank goodness and my mood is lifted. Catching myself singing, dancing along with my son, having fun, enjoying regular daily life more (i still hate doing dishes though so if you know a pill for that, let me know! LOL!). I do have a little more energy and motivation now as well.... Before lexapro, I would procrastinate and lay around, then at the end of the day kind of feel bad because I didn't get anything done...

So far, I can still "feel" emotions... It has not turned me into a zombie like zoloft did a long time ago. I get angry.... but not too much and for good reason. I get happy, and all the normal emotions one should feel in different situations. The good part is, the emotions/feelings are within a healthy range, the bad ones don't hang around and the good ones are much much more frequent. My emotions are not in control of me, I'm able to think and react better, not effected by stress as much, etc..

My mom, husband, and others who are close to me have noticed a huge difference in my attitude and ability.

The only times I have noticed that I have some mild anxiety since lexapro so far seems to be right before my period. I've not been on it long enough to have enough of them to make a connection with my period yet but I'm watching for it.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #36
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singact View Post
    Thanks for your updates. So you would say you're happy on it and it's helped you? I switched from Zoloft to Lexapro this Monday and I'm feeling the same as always-very anxious/depressed. I'm hoping it will help.
    how many mg's are you on?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #37
    singact
    (female)

singact HB User

Thanks for the response!

And I went from 100mg on Zoloft straight to 10mg of Lexapro.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #38
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Why did you decided to switch? Zoloft kind of did the trick for me but it was overkill. It got rid of my issues for the most part but it made me a zombie. I felt 100% nothing. Not one emotion. It was weird for me.........

Lexapro is a little stronger so you probably wont need as much mg's as you would expect. I hope it works out for you. I know it can be such a pain through the trial and error stages of finding the one that works best but once you do...... it's sooooooooo worth it!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #39
    singact
    (female)

singact HB User

Yeah, it's been pretty much hell. For some reason, Zoloft didn't do anything for me and I found myself really depressed. I'm just so scared nothing is going to work.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #40
    himmylover
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

That is how I feel on Prozac........worse...........going to see a therapist and possibly go back on Lexapro............Least side effect for me...........anyway....

Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #41
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singact View Post
    Yeah, it's been pretty much hell. For some reason, Zoloft didn't do anything for me and I found myself really depressed. I'm just so scared nothing is going to work.
    It's natural to have those feelings when you don't have success with your first few meds. Hang in there though and don't give up because I'm sure there's going to be one that's right for you. Patients is not an easy thing to have either when you're not feeling well but at least you're moving forward and every day that passes is another day closer to you finding the right med.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
    That is how I feel on Prozac........worse...........going to see a therapist and possibly go back on Lexapro............Least side effect for me...........anyway....
    What, the zombie/emotionless feeling or it didn't work at all? How long have you been on the prozac?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #43
    himmylover
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

About six weeks or so on Prozac and it seems to have made my depression slightly worse..........and want to sleep more............

And don't think it has effected my moods at all. Where Lexapro did................

Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #44
    singact
    (female)

singact HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by t_411 View Post
    It's natural to have those feelings when you don't have success with your first few meds. Hang in there though and don't give up because I'm sure there's going to be one that's right for you. Patients is not an easy thing to have either when you're not feeling well but at least you're moving forward and every day that passes is another day closer to you finding the right med.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the positivity, because it's really hard to feel positive when going through this and having a medication fail. I'm really hoping on the Lexapro! On day 9 now.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #45
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I started my period early today.... I think it's only been about 16 or 17 days since I had my last one. This is not the norm for me either. On the plus side, I didn't have any PMS symptoms the week before my period this time as I always have before, not even a cramp! I did have a couple of mild hot flashes. I have read on the net about lexapro messing up womens periods so maybe it is....

Since I last posted, all has been well. No side effects, no anxiety, good mood, getting out more, enjoying things more, etc...

I think it's safe to say at this point lexapro is working for me and I that the side effects do pass.. Or at least they have for me so far...

I'll be keeping an eye on this whole period thing though and will post again next month or sooner if anything changes....

The Following User Says Thank You to t_411 For This Useful Post:
    himmylover (03-11-2011)
    Closed Thread