It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Palpitations since being anemic.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
    Victory1987
    (female)

Victory1987 HB User
    Palpitations since being anemic.

Hi I'm new to this board. I finally got tired of searching the internet to see if anyone else has had problems with plapitations due to anemia like me. I found I was anemic on February 27, 2011 because I was feeling very faint and lighthead, my heart was racing, and I was fatigue. At the emergency room they told me that my hemoglobin level was at 8.9. As of 3/25/11 my hemoglobin levels are 11.4. My levels have went up but I am still having these annoying palpitations everyday without any other symptoms! I have had my thyroids checked, full blood work done, and a full cardiac check up which included several ekg's,ecg's, echocardiogram, a holter moniter, a event monitor(like five years ago), and a stress test. All my test have came back fine. They even did blood test to make sure I didn't have stomach problems which came back normal. The only thing they can think of that is causing my palpitations is anemia or anxiety. Can someone please tell me how long it will take for my palpitations to go away. I have one more point to go until I'm not anemic but it doesn't seem like I am feeling a 100% better. May I also add that I am having recurrent sinus infections and my white blood cell count is down now also. Can someone please help me with this. These palpitations are annoying! Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Victory1987:
    iwillgtwell (04-04-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
    Victory1987
    (female)

Victory1987 HB User
    Re: Palpitations since being anemic.

Thanks for the response but I highly doubt it's lyme disease. I have none of the symptoms that come from the diseases you gave me. My palpitations didn't start until I became anemic and I became anemic after I had a miscarriage. Sinus problems run in my family also so I do not think that Lyme disease is causing that. My sinus infections aren't really that bad. They come whenever I spend a lot of time outside. I'm not having any muscle pain or anything. I have my energy back also. I just want these palpitations to go away though. I probably should have added that I have had palpitations on and off since I was a child. I got those checked and my results were normal to then. I guess I have a sensitive heart.

Closed Thread