It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro for anxiety... My daily experience with it.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #46
    himmylover
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
    Re: Lexapro for anxiety... My daily experience with it.

Yes, please keep us posted I just started back up on this ONE AGAIN..........it seems to be the only AD that has the least side effects, just getting over the tired part is my major problem. But on a very low does too. Just started taking it yesterday and not taking the prozac NO MORE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #47
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

I checked the dates for my period again and I got it wrong... My period is only 4 days early so that's not as bad.

Today I am sweating like crazy again.... I guess it will take this side effect longer to pass after all...

Old 03-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #48
    himmylover
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Do you think it is due to your period? I Know I sweat especially more that time of the month..........?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #49
    singact
    (female)

singact HB User

I'm on DAY 11 of Lexapro, and I'm feeling a bit better (much better from the depression that came from the anxiety), but still breakthrough anxiety/a lot of depersonalization.

From your experiences, is it too soon to be feeling completely better? Will I continue to feel better or is this the peak? Thanks

Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #50
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User

I am hoping I start feeling better now that spring is here. The new AD comes out about June I think so close to winter time I will try it or back on Lex possibly. They are starting my sister back on it along with mood stabilizer. They diagnosed her with Tardive Dyskinesia so we are limited on what we can give her now. These meds are great but cause bad side effects long term. At least the mood stabilizers do ):

Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #51
    EddieR
    (male)

EddieR HB User

Can you simply ask your doctor to prescribe you Lexapro, or do you have to speak to a therapist/psychiatrist in order to get the prescription?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 AM   #52
    himmylover
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Your doctor should be able to give this to you...........

Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #53
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, your primary care doctor can prescribe this for you but they are prone to want to rush you onto high doses so you decide what you want to start on and stick to it. I'm pretty small and sensitive to meds so I hardly ever need much of anything so I opted for 5mgs and it's been enough. Lots of people start on 10mgs though with much success. Personally, I think 20mgs is a bit high to start on due to side effects, etc... and if you start high, you will never know if you could have been well on a much lower dose.

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-29-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #54
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I've been doing really great on Lexapro 5mg's for a good while now and have gotten past the insomnia thank goodness! I'm able to sleep fine, mood is great, no side effects that stayed with me, anxiety is gone 99% of the time and when I do have it, it's so mild and easy to manage that I hardly notice it.

With that said, I think I've reached the end of posting about this on this thread since all is well and enough time has passed to be sure. I've had a great experience with lexapro aside from the 1st couple weeks getting past the worst of the side effects which were mostly mild. I never dreamed I'd go back on an anti-depressant after having an allergy to paxil and then a year of zero emotions/feelings on zoloft! I'm thankful I let my guard down and went for it this time cause this med has been and so far is making me feel free from my anxiety, happy go lucky, and enjoying even the smallest of things again!

Thank you all for your support & I wish you well!!

Closed Thread