It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Has anyone tried Celadrin for diabetic foot pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
    pearlandmary
    (female)

pearlandmary HB User
    Has anyone tried Celadrin for diabetic foot pain?

My husband has foot pain, needle pain on his shoulders, buttocks . He is a diabetic but its under corntrol. He is under the doctor's care but the neuropathy has not gotten better , he is taking Gabapentin 600mg 3xday . We have tried different foot creams for diabetic foot pain etc , vitamins B's and anything else you can think off.
    A friend of ours told me to try Celadrin that it worked for his Aunt.
    Has anyone tried it and how was it for you?

Thanks
    Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
    tingles
    Veteran
    (male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried Celadrin for diabetic foot pain?

Well, you may need to consider that your husband's neuropathy will not get better. My neuropathy is idiopathic and is in my legs, feet, and hands. I might suggest Lyrica for relief. This has been good for me. Also if your husband is seeing a psychiatrist they might prescribe Cymbalta or Amatriptlyne (spelling). These help with neuropathy as well as depression.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
    minstrel2
    (female)

minstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB User

Some have had some success with Alpha Lipoic Acid, which seems to help with the burning of neuropathy, also B vitamins, which are formulated for nerve support. I take both. My neuropathy is not from diabetes, but if you search these threads for discussions on supplements like I mentioned, you should gain more info.
    I have only used the topical Celadrin, which helps with arthritis pain.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
    ethan268
    (male)

ethan268 HB User

My grandpa has been diagnosed with diabetes foot pain. I wanted to know which therapy will work best for him as he has diabetes as well as is suffering from liver disorders. I have heard anodyne therapy is best for him as it is non-invasive.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-30-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
    Ruby8
    (female)

Ruby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB UserRuby8 HB User

Hi Mary - Following up on the good information Tingles provided, most people with neuropathy take Gabapentin or Lyrica, whichever works best for them. These two meds are in a class called anticonvulsants. If the Gabapentin has provided some degree of relief for your husband, that's good, if not, switching to Lyrica may be worth a try.

In addition to an anticonvulsant med, many people find additional relief from neuropathic pain by taking an antidepressant, most commonly the meds Tingles mentioned, Cymbalta or Amtriptyline. You do not need to be seeing a psychiatrist to take these drugs. Many people don't want to take these drugs, because they're not depressed and don't want to be characterized as a depressed person. However, depression isn't the point when these drugs are prescribed for neuropathic pain. The point is they really do relieve neuropathic pain. I'm going to add a post about Cymbalta after I finish this reply; you may want to read that post.

Best to you, Ruby

Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
    Aussie100
    Veteran
    (male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User

Hi, usually with diabetic causation of nerve pain, the most distal peripheral extremities are affected first [ both feet] then travells up the legs then the hands are next, symptoms can be any or all of the following, burning, tingling, pain and sharp jabbing feelings also balance can be affected if there is damage to the larger nerves.

I would suggest he see a neuro that specializes in neuropathy to get evaluated properly, not all neuro's know a lot about neuropathy.

good luck
    Aussie

Closed Thread