It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Started taking Celexa

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
    sak9210
    (female)

sak9210 HB User
    Started taking Celexa

Hi, new here....I have anxiety / insomnia. I have a fear of taking antidepressants, mostly because I'm afraid of side effects, and then the withdrawal effects in the future. But my anxiety / insomnia has gotten so bad that I know I need help. I'm finally giving Celexa a try. Yesterday was my first day. I took 10 mg in the AM and after 2 - 3 hours, I felt pretty groggy, brain fog, and a little nauseous. Only lasted about 2 hours, then felt better. Also, my eyesight was a little blurry last night. I skipped taking it this morning, and I'm going to try taking it before bed tonight, and see how that goes. I hope to be able to get through the side effects, and hoping one day I'll be able to sleep without Klonopin or Xanax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    Re: Started taking Celexa

Hello, Maybe we can help each other until were used to this. I believe Lexapro is a sister drug to Celexa. I am on day 4 on Lexapro, tonight will be my 5th dose. Major anxiety going on, and I can't tell what is from anxiety, and what is from the Lexapro. I am super nauseated, hot flashes, leg jitters, but the most troublesome is waking up every few hours in the middle of the night in a full panic attack with heart racing. That I know is from the Lexapro cause I wasn't having it before. I took Lexapro about 5 years ago, and stayed on it until March of this year. I felt good enough and wanted to try to wean myself off it. It was hard. I actually had to try three times thruought the last year to wean off it, but I did. I felt great until about a month ago, and all my anxiety, health phobia is back. So here I go again. I can't remember if the side effects I had were this bad or not, but I hope they go away soon. Let me know how you do and I'll do the same. Take Care, Michelle

Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
    sak9210
    (female)

sak9210 HB User
    Re: Started taking Celexa

Hi Michelle....Ok, I took my 3rd pill last night. So far not too bad! Hot flashes at night, and in the morning, slight headache today, and feeling some head fog when I go out somewhere. Sleep is not so good, lots of dreams, but I also have a 1 & 3 yr old waking me up all night long too. I took Lexapro a few years ago only for a few months, but it made me kind of emotionless. Maybe you should give Celexa a try if your symptoms don't go away in a few weeks. I'm about 95 lbs, and every medicine I try always gives me terrible side effects. I'm surprised I'm doing so well on the Celexa. Only 10 mgs though. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Last edited by msmod; 08-23-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread