It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dont know how much longer I can stay on this Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    Dont know how much longer I can stay on this Lexapro

Ok, please help. This morning I once again woke up at 5am in a state of panic, with restlessness, and feeling like I'm going to throw up. I took double my propanolol and a xanax and tried to laid back down. It didn't help much. I'm sick to my stomach. Last night I took just over a little 5mg, maybe 7.5mg. I am sitting here with a very sore stomach and my heart is still racing even after all those meds 2 hours ago. I just am wondering if I should still be sticking this out... I'm feeling really sick. I end up laying back down for about an hour or two after taking my kids to school, but this is horrible cause I have to just lay in bed trying to cope. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
    Foxxii
    (female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
    Re: Dont know how much longer I can stay on this Lexapro

Michelle, Sorry to hear you are going through this. I started taking Zoloft again, for like the 3rd or 4th time, a few weeks ago. (I have GAD and Panic Disorder, but have managed okay for a few years with nothing at all). I had to stop after only 2 weeks. It didn't agree with me at all this time. I wanted to go back on it because I was getting extremely anxious again due to starting perimenopause and PMDD, but I wasn't having panic attacks at that point. I took the Zoloft and it was hell for 2 weeks, extremely dizzy, stomach issues, horrible panic attacks like i've never had before, palpitations, and constant anxiety. I know it raises your level of anxiety at first but this was ridiculous. Anyway, sorry for rambling, but maybe it's just not the right med for you. There are other things you can try until you find "the one" that works best for you. I've found that xanax is my best option at this time. I take .5 mg at night before bed and maybe, if I need to, a half of one (.25) during the day. BUT the week before my period I take .25 twice during the day and a whole .5 at night before bed, since this is the time for me that it's extemely bad. I really hope you find something to help you with all of this.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

I have bad manic episode with Zoloft, so I know what you went through. I talked to my Dr., and she thinks that I'm not taking enough Lexapro for me to be having this bad of side effects, she thinks it's my normal bad anxiety. I don't know, it's hard to tell when it's your own anxiety or if it's the drug. I did take it tonight, and I'm praying that I do not wake up in the morning freaking out like I've been. Wonder why these pills make us weird at first when their supposed to be helping?
    Unfortunately the Xanax alone doesn't do it for me. Even when I take a Xanax, I can still feel all the anxiety running through my head, I just can't physically freak out.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
    reallylovesdogs
    (female)

reallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB User

I noticed you and I are on a similar timeline for starting lexapro. I have not had too many side effects starting Lexapro, but when I was on Paxil I had horrible additional anxiety during the 2nd-3rd week. I had to call my doctor a couple times for reassurance. I am also a morning anxiety person- I get that completely, I HATE waking up in a panic! With Paxil that did all pass for me by the 4th week and boy was I happy I waited it out because Paxil went on to help me for over a decade. I just want to tell you I understand! I hope the Buspar helps you get through these first months.

Closed Thread