It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2008, 06:05 AM   #46
    lamerle
    (female)

lamerle HB User
    Re: addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

I had the worst addiction to hydrocodiene.I am a straight A student that graduated with straight A's that year. was hooked from the first pill.I took in the upwards of 20 aday (Depending on the milligrams)I have never tried any other drugs but this got me for 10 hard years.I went to atleast 10 or more rehabs and nothing worked.I couldnt function without my pain pills.I thank God that its finally in my past. I also went to jail for calling in prescriptions for myself.I still cant believe that I did that.My liver shut down.I heard about Methadone alot but never tried it.Then I went to an opiate recovery progam and they put me on a low dose of methadone and for the first time ever, I have been a functioning memeber of society for three years.My life is great.Everybody loves to be around me now and I am slowly coming off of Methadone with no problems.I would never let them increase my medication like some people do and thats what helped me.I have heard horror stories abaout methadone but my story hasnt been a horror.Also Its thanks to God first that I have my life back and I will pray for you.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-02-2008 at 07:04 AM. Reason: removed profession

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #47
    senorswanky
    (male)

senorswanky HB User

I was taking 20-30 10 mg Percocets for the last year of a five year addiction. I recently (56 days ago) went to my Primary care Doctor and told her what was going on. She referred me to an addiction Doctor and he started me on Suboxone. Now, there are a lot of stories about coming off Suboxone, but honestly, I have so much relief from it. No more counting pills and dreading running out, no more feeling sick when I run out, no more lying to get pills, no more waiting for hours in ER's or Urgen Dare Clinics for pills and most of all I'm starting to feel like myself again. My program is a long program that will last months and I will be tapered very slowly. I am also in counseling that has been fantastic as well. Your Doctor will NOT be angry or judgemental and will want to do everything they can to help you. My PC cals me once per week to see how I'm doing. Don't be scared, just take the leap and you will be on your way to getting out of your misery. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for any more help.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #48
    makayla2004
    (female)

makayla2004 HB User

I feel your pain. How are you today> I am in the same boat as you. Maybe we can do it together?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #49
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey Makayla!
    Could you start a new thread, and explain whats going on with your situation. There are a lot of ppl who would love to help you. If you start your own and tell us a little bit about whats going on with you, that would be super. That way you have your own story/thread, and ppl can help you more and answer directly to you. Hang in there, it would be nice to hear more about where you are coming from.
    xoxoxox,
    IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #50
    sarahanneB
    (female)

sarahanneB HB User

I feel for everone who sufferes a percocet addiction, im 23 years old I been where you are allot of you been felt what what you have felt I was taking 20 percocets a day im an addict but i did recover and still in recovery i did it the hard way i ended up in jail for 10 days because i spiraled out of control i was going to different doctors to obtain perceptions i didnt think i had a problem I stopped cold turkey didnt have a choice it hurt so badly but i did it im now 20 days clean off them i m in counselling and i do suffer chronic pain so the alternative they gave me was anti inflammatory (naproxen) with acetaminophen it works wonders after drying out from narcotics i still needed something for my back. comming off percocets cold is always the best way everyone is different sometime methadone is needed or rehabilitation and there always support ion the community and so many resorces if you do suffer chronic pain be honest with your doctor about addictions and they will help you! best of luck to all of you my prayers are with you

Last edited by sarahanneB; 04-16-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #51
    onedayatatime22
    (female)

onedayatatime22 HB User

good morning everyone, i just want to say how helpful and caring everyone on here is, outsandiing support, c in my case i cant talk to anyone because of my situation, my hubby is a dr. and live in a small town so i feel trapped, word gets out and i am a dark horse, but my hubby is very supportive and knows the deal he used yrs ago has been clean for 7yrs now and wants the same for me, but i have to do it quitetly, like i cant even talk to my dr. cause hes a good friend of ours, so i am on my own and trying very hard to do this, i started tapering last wk and so far so good, i have hight hopes i can do this cause i havent bought anything for a wk now (saved lots of money already), but near the end and feeling good but i am scared something might happen and go back but i have done so well on my own this wk , so determined to do this and please pray that i can do it cause i have only my hubby to talk to and now u guys thank god for that.l..ty for reading my story...

Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #52
    BB07
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User

well i,ll say this-

it is so easy to get those doses reallly high and not evan get the minimal relief we originally sought. this is what i do, ont he 4th week, a week before my next pm visit i titrate down to 0 to lower my resisitance. this has kept me at the same dose and is working well. I take 100mg mscontin er twice day w 10/325 percoset for bt pain, i find by letting the meds leave my system for a few days to e very beneficial to my pain relif in all as i do not want to take anything stronger. its a medical fact you will become tolerant but i dont believe a higher dose is the answer. if you deviate from folling the presrcibed dose and take more you will be in trouble quick. by doing this method i am able to have a few days of unused med for a rainy day.

best wishes

Old 04-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #53
    Wendy88
    Veteran
    (female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User

hi all -
    just started reading this thread. Has anyone heard from Lisa? Lisa if you are reading this, i hope you are ok! your story really moved me and also made me worry and want to help. i posted a version of my update in another chain, but here is a lil bit of my story too....
    I, too, have a mean percocet addiction of several years... 6 maybe? maybe more.. im also a chronic pain patient (im 35) due to migraines and degenerative disk disease and i fell into the trap of eventually taking them cause they feel good not just for my pain. I usually blow through my script like u... i get 150 of the perc 10/325 and they are gone in like 2 weeks and then when i actually need them for a pain situation, they are gone. it's no way to live.
    i just got my week sober... but then injured my back. i actually waited a week, took no pills or anything and then finally got cortizone shots to help with the pain (and more so to help with the amount of pills i knew i'd have to take as the pain has just gotten worse). The past 3 days I have had to take a small amount of pills when the pain has just gotten to be too much so i can physically function (i am moving and am in the middle of packing). BUT i am actually controlling my intake cause i have finally had enough. And boy is it HARD to not take more than what i need for the pain, but i just have to keep my head on straight. for me, i reached a point where i had enough, it just clicked in my brain where i just felt sick of being sick and out of control. where i just need to be sober. you can give yourself that power back too sweetie. it's a hard road for sure, but it gets easier and surely ends up easier than the place you were in when you initially posted.

you sound like you have the desire too, to change things up. just fear is stopping you, which i'll bet everyone on this board has had to struggle with especially as they take those first steps. you are not alone. not at all. and you shouldn't feel ashamed. these things happen... and they can happen to good people, hon! so dont get down on yourself. none of us should.
    I've also used coke while on pills (i dont think i've admitted that to the board yet)... i dont have an issue with it like what i have happening with the percs... but if im intoxicated, i'll do it and do it til it's gone. no matter how much is there. i try to avoid places where it is but the only thing that SUPER keeps that in check for me is my fiance who HATES coke and basically forbids me to do it... especially while i struggle with pills since that mix is so dangerous. i didn't like admitting that, but it does feel good. and i'm sure it will help with my recovery.
    please post and let us know if you are ok. all of us struggle, have embarrassments, fall off the horse etc... but this board is really lovely because so many people care and will be there for you through and give you great advice. they have all been through it too, so you dont have to feel alone. sometimes when i feel alone or scared, i post or just read the board to help me focus on my goal. especially now while i try hard not to abuse my meds right now and stop them as soon as I can.
    it's never too late to look back into that center you found, or to tell your doctor, or delete contacts from your phone so it's harder to get drugs. All this is easier said than done, but as you take these little steps things WILL get easier andn your steps will eventuallly grow larger and more confident. and that feeling (as cheesy as it sounds) is better than any drug... when you start to get back into the world again. that's a fantastic high, i promise. keep taking steps to get there.
    if you can, let this board help give you some strength.
    thinking of you! (sorry i rambled... looks like i needed to get some things off my chest too.
    be safe
    wendy88

Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 AM   #54
    groovycindy
    (female)

groovycindy HB User
    Talking Re: addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

Addiction is a terrible disease - people who have never dealt with it do not understand it.I was a highly functioning alcoholic for32 years.I hid it well from everyone(except my family, WHO i HURT SO MANY TIMES BECAUSE OF IT).The day I was arrested for DUI I was almost 3 time over the limit.How easily I could have killed someone or myself. It was the best thing that ever happened to me - it forced me to deal with my alcoholism.
    But you will find that once you are off the addictive substance for 30 days, you feel like a new person!And the funny thing is that you can not believe how good it feels to be sober! I always dreaded the thought of life without alcohol.
    Now I wish I had stopped years ago.I am back in school and studying for Hospice nursing.
    Get with your doctor- trust me, they have many cases like this and if you have a good doctor will do everything to help you. You can do this - we are are pulling for you and I am praying for you!YOU CAN DO IT

Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #55
    Joyecca
    (female)

Joyecca HB User

There are some really good tips on how to prepare to withdraw on this site. I was addicted to 10 to 15 mil of percocet or vicodin. Saturday night I went cold turkey on my own with the help of my husband. It was extremly painful and I was not prepare as well as I could of had I read this site. With some Motrin, asprin and hot bath when it was too much to bear, 4 days into the withdraw I am feeling much better. As long as you really want to quit and you read up and have help you can be more confortable that I was. You can always taper down slower than I did. By the way this was extremly low daily dose at one year + so your withdraw could be a bit more severe. The most important thing is make up you mind a do something.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #56
    onedayatatime22
    (female)

onedayatatime22 HB User

hi there, congrats on your great journey, i am so proud of you, withdrawal is a hard thing to do, however in my case i have been drug free from my own tapering for over 30 days now, and boy it was hard but with the will power you can do it, i am happy for those who choose to be drug free cause its a road to no end, and like you said , you have to really want it to get it and it looks like we both did it and wow a dream come true...keep up the good work cause early recovery is still hard and with all the support on here we can do all together...congrats again and prayers and support to you always,...take care and stay strong....

Old 05-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #57
    young50s
    (female)

young50s HB User

I am taking more. I want to quit. it took a while to quit drinking,but God and I did it. 24 hours at a time. Since I have crohn's,I could go to a pain clinic and get an rx. The bad part is I need to have a permanant colostomy and rectal removal soon. I must get off these,so when he discharges me with the meds he gives me will work. I must do this and soon. Please keep helping me.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #58
    onedayatatime22
    (female)

onedayatatime22 HB User

good morning young50, so nice to hear from you, and of course your challenges your facing, unfortunately percocet is one of the hardest drug to come off of in my opinion, however i have been off since April 6th or so and it certainly can be done cause if i can do it anyone can, i still cant believe i did it though, shocking but having it in your head and heart you CAN do it hun but you have a situation that perhaps prevents you right now and thats ok, i hope everything goes well for you and your proceedure, but what i know is that you will know when your ready and only until then will it work, you have to be pain free almost, so maybe after your proceedure things might be a whole lot better for you and you may be ready cause this pill is vicious and it tells your brain that its ok and thats the part you have to be strong to do it, i kinda explain it like a monster in your head that always wants to be fed, but what we have to do is starve the dam monster!....let me know how you are doing and i will be thinking of you, in my prayer always hun,,take care and i know you will be ok one day soon i hope.....hugs..xox

Old 09-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #59
    Mrfreshour
    (female)

Mrfreshour HB User

Through those tears you will find answers. Those tears will soften your heart, and help start your mind healing so that answers will come. You have taken the first major step--you admitted your problem, your addiction. Now research your options for getting the help. Tell your doctor--he will be able to refer you to someone, a professional, who will help you. Doctors are there not to condemn you, but to help heal you. There are many who will offer you support, and help you along your way. You can beat this, and regain control of your life, regain your dignity. It does not make you a bad person--you merely slipped up. After all, you are human.

Closed Thread