It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• 3 weeks on Lexapro, any one want to talk?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    3 weeks on Lexapro, any one want to talk?

Good Morning. I am now at 3 weeks on Lexapro. I am on 10mg, and am still not doing well. I see my Dr. tomorrow, but I really am not sure that this is the right medication for me. I don't even feel a little happier, I am still really anxious, jittery, can't stop thinking and my legs can't sit still, I can't nap during the day even though I'm exhausted. I'm spacey, feel like I'm in a fog. I just stare off into space, I don't speak out loud, but all the thoughts are there in my head.
    I took this once before, and needed only 5mg , during the entire 3 years. I also did not take this long to feel good that time too. i understand that the second time trying to go back onto something is rougher side effects, but I don't feel like it's giving me any relief at all, not even a tiny bit.
    Has anyone ever had this, where it just didn't work the second time? I'm so anxious in my head and my legs. If I take the Xanax during the day, I'm out of it, I just can't take it until night time.
    Like I said, I'm seeing the Dr. tomorrow, but I'm just sitting here, stressed out. I'm super tired, and if I close my eyes, my mind just races and I feel like I'm falling and start getting anxious bad.
    Is there anyone that can talk with me please?
    Thank you,,
    Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    Re: 3 weeks on Lexapro, any one want to talk?

Update, I decided I am going to try the Buspar. I just took 2.5mg Buspar (which the Dr. prescribed a few days ago to augment, or to take by itself, she said she would let me decide. It's 10mg, twice daily, but I'm going slow) I read that some people have gotten help from, and some haven't. I decided at this point, it's better than doing nothing. Then I will decide later whether to taper the Lexapro tonight or take the full 10mg and talk to the Dr. tomorrow. She always tells me that it's up to me to quit but that she does not feel that I have given the Lex long enough, but if the side effects are actually worse then when I started and there is not any relief, than that is not right either. So confused... cause aren't all side effects when starting an SSRI worse then before when starting?

Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
    reallylovesdogs
    (female)

reallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB User

I think it's great to try the buspar, I knew someone that benefitted from it a lot. Let us know what the doctor says. Hang tough!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
    IamAandD
    (female)

IamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB User

I have had the same experience. I tried a medication that I used before, and it was very effective the first time. Years later, I tried the same medication; I did not feel the same effects as I did before. However, 3 weeks is such a short time for the medication to reach its full effectiveness, but you may also need a higher dosage. I was on lexapro before and I was taking Buspar as a secondary medication to boost the effect of the Lexapro. My doctor started me off, on a low dosage such as 10mg but I did not really feel the difference until after at least 6 to 8 weeks. On the other hand, my dosage was increased a few times, up to 100mg, and that is when I really felt like the medication was working.

Closed Thread