It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Red neck/chest

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
    Sempron
    (male)

Sempron HB User
    Question Red neck/chest

Hey all,

I have anxiety,never diagnosed by a doctor or anything as ive never been to see one about it,But in social situations my neck and chest go bright red.

The thing is,Its not all social situations,for example i can talk to my work friends and people i know well and not get the problem,But if for example my managers at work who i hardly see wants a word with me and im in the office with them alone my neck/chest goes red and i can see the looking at it. :/

I heard something about Beta Blockers doing wonders for this problem but has anxiety side effects?...and like i said its not all social situations i get a problem so im not sure if taking beta blockers or something similar would be a good idea and of course i dont know what/when my neck will go red again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
    dee088
    Veteran
    (female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
    Re: Red neck/chest

I heard of beta blocker being used for anxiety due to raise in blood pressure not for any other reaseon. Ex. my bp is normally at 97/68. One day at the dr. I was on the verge of having a panic attack. My bp was 158/129. The bete blockers would have helped me for bp alone. Now you say this happens in some social situations? Talk to the dr. and explain your symptoms and maybe get a low dose beta blocker if the redness affects you. Is your bp otherwise good? If so it could be anxiety and safe. Good luck hope this helps. Inderal was the one they were going to but me one.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
    Foxxii
    (female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
    Re: Red neck/chest

This happens to me all the time, it's a normal reaction for alot of us. I get anxious about something, not even in social situations, just anytime I get anxious, and all of the sudden there are these red blotches all over my chest and up my neck. Maybe you should talk to your doc about starting on something for your anxiety issues. He might put you on an AD or something to help you with your symptoms. Sounds to me like you have a touch of SAD (social anxiety disorder).

Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
    Frank Furter
    (male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
    Red face Re: Red neck/chest

I remember when I was a little kid and I went to see the doctor. When he took my shirt off my chest and stomach were bright red. I couldn't believe it. I'd never had it before. He just chuckled and said, "We see this in shy, bashful people a lot." Yes, I was very shy as a kid. It's just a natural stress reaction similar to facial "blushing" when you're embarassed about something. Nothing to worry about. You're probably shy and may have some Social Anxiety that your doctor could help you with. There are good medicines for it. Antidepressants work well against it.

Closed Thread