It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Dr. Just Called With These Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
    busymommy
    Inactive
    (female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
    Unhappy Dr. Just Called With These Results

I'm 52, have pap tests every year and can remember only one time a pap was ever "abnormal" in my life. It must have been redone and came out fine because I never had to do further testing. I just had my routine pap last week and the doctor called with these results:

Rare atypical immature cells of uncertain phenotype; squamous endometrial cells; HGSIL glandular lesions; paurity (lack of, I looked it up) of atypical cells precludes a definitive diagnosis.

Well, they found stuff but not enough to come up with a definitive diagnosis? They want me to have a colposcopy, which I will have next week.

Anyone out there have this condition above? I am hoping they made some type of mistake. What are my odds this will turn out to be cancer??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
    busymommy
    Inactive
    (female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
    Re: Dr. Just Called With These Results

Well, had the colposcopy and three biopsies; two of the cervix and one of the endometrial lining of the uterus. Wow, that was not very pleasant! I couldn't wait for it to be over. The nurse practitioner explained lots my doctor didn't about the findings of my first “abnormal” pap. If my doctor would have given me some details, I wouldn't have been so worried. There were some "rare" atypical cells found. "Rare" means a few of them, not the rare as I thought as in not many people have it, so it must be bad. My doc really didn’t make me feel comforted at all when she called and said my pap test was “abnormal.” I felt queasy and uneasy from the Friday she said it was abnormal until the next Wednesday when I had the colposcopy.

Anyway, the nurse practitioner thought everything looked good! She did the same thing others said out there with the vinegar solution and everything looked good except one small area where she biopsied but she wasn't concerned at all. Samples were sent to the lab and although it's only been one day since they've been sent in, I am feeling relieved because of all she explained to me about if you have a pap test every year, you are so likely to catch any pre-cancer early. So, all you ladies out there, pap tests every year although I know some guidelines state every few years for some. I am not taking any chances; every year for me!

I like being cautious and aggressive as the radiologists are at my medical group. They don't want to let anything slip by.

Closed Thread