It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Heartbeat or pulse in head at night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #16
    Addí
    (female)

Addí HB User
    Cool Re: Heartbeat or pulse in head at night

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dizzidude View Post
    With each pulse, a pounding pulse in my head, it feels like my head moved in a quick circle even though I was perfectly still. When I try to get to sleep I often feel like I am falling off the bed, which gives me a jolt of adrenaline that wakes me up. During the day the constant dizzy feeling makes it very hard to concetrate at work. Driving and sometimes walking are difficult.
    ,,When I try to get to sleep I often feel like I am falling off the bed, which gives me a jolt of adrenaline that wakes me up". This I have been experience too. But it has stopt now.Must be some nerves playing around I have had too ask my husband to get a hold on me so I don't "fall of the bed,,

Bára

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #17
    Addí
    (female)

Addí HB User
    Re: Heartbeat or pulse in head at night

Quote:
    It isn't auditory so it isn't Tinnitus. Its a pounding pulse I feel throughout my head and vertigo with it. If I clench my teeth a little I can feel it in my teeth as well. If I am moving around enough I don't notice the pounding pulse that much but the vertigo is still there. 2 ENTs have done full work ups on me and both said its not a problem with the ears, i.e. Meneires, BPPV, etc.
    Hallo brother. Same here. Seems we just have to live with it.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #18
    Addí
    (female)

Addí HB User

Quote:
    Mine never subsides. It is with me 24/7.
    Same here,Regards,Bára

Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
    sugzey
    (female)

sugzey HB User

Type in SCDS or SSCD in the search field and you will see what was causing the pounding heartbeat in my left ear.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #20
    Dizzidude
    (male)

Dizzidude HB User

Sorry to hear you are having the same troubles, Addi.

It has been almost 4 years now since the pounding in my head became continuous. I have had zero progress in getting a diagnosis or finding any treatment that helps the pounding. I still have the vertigo as well.

I have slowly learned to live with it and adapt. I bought a small sports car which made driving much easier. I drive whenever and wherever just like I used to. Before the little sports car I only drove to work and back, which made me a nervous wreck. I could barely stay in my lane. Driving to see friends or my parents was out of the question.

I also got on a high dosage of antidepressents and ADD meds. These have made it possible to focus at work and stop dwelling on the pounding in my head and vertigo.

I went through a period of 6 months or so where I had horrible headaches all of the time. I finally realized they were triggered by sleep. Anytime I slept more than 6 hours I'd either wake up with a crushing headache or it would come on in the first few hours after I woke up. I learned to get by with less sleep so I traded the headaches for sleep deprivation. After many months of that I can now sleep my regular 8 hours and not get a headache. I get one of the bad headaches maybe once a month now.

I often get a quick and sharp pain in my head. I have had these for a couple years now. They fade over 30 seconds or so.

Anyway, I've learned to cope and have regained most of my life back. I keep checking on line every so often to see if I can spot some solution but I'm not so desperate for an answer as I was 2 years ago.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
    Addí
    (female)

Addí HB User

no pain here thank goodness. Still pounding

Old 11-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #22
    sugzey
    (female)

sugzey HB User

Have you read about Semicircular canal dehiscence on the Internet?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
    Dizzidude
    (male)

Dizzidude HB User

That was one of many diagnoses that was ruled out with imaging. That one was looked for with a CT scan.

Closed Thread