It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• feeling no better

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
    d0ink
    (male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User
    Re: feeling no better

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rvnic View Post
    Once they confirm that you are fine, you have to accept it. That is the most difficult part, but you have to find a way. You have to learn to focus on things outside of your body and stop obsessing on internal sensations. Hardest thing in the world for people like us to do.
    I agree with you 100% on this. It is the most difficult part, since you keep having the symtpoms despite the fact that you are diagnosed as a healthy individual. We have to always remind ourselves that it is our nerves that became overly sensitized with time and that it takes time for them to get back to normal again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #17
    milly molly
    (female)

milly molly HB Usermilly molly HB User

Here I am again, just been to the docs and she upped the dose of the antideppressants,also she as decided it would be good for me to see a therapist.today I feel like my whole body is like floating on air weird feeling. Like i,m outside looking into someone else,s life.My head feels like a band round my head pulling tight,It,s awful.Can you relate to this.Sometimes I have jerky movements allover. Thanks for listening.Oh have you taken antidepresants?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #18
    milly molly
    (female)

Thanks for your reply, I will take on board what you have told me.Any other advice will be very welcome.Just can,t wait for the inner shaking to stop.Some times I feel like i,m going mad.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #19
    rvnic
    (male)

rvnic HB User

The floating on air thing is something I definitely experience. Everything seems surreal. I believe they call it depersonalization or derealization or something like that. Yes, it does happen with anxiety.

One thing you mentioned that struck me is that you have a 50% damage to your balance system in one ear. I actually have the same thing. It's 30% for me in my left ear. Several years ago, I was hit with some kind of illness where I experienced severe vertigo and it felt like my head was in a vice. This went on for months (and no, this was not anxiety, it was an actual illness). I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis and I get checked yearly by a neurotologist (special ear doctor) to ensure that it doesn't get any worse. Along with this problem, I also developed a constant ringing in my left ear (it's called tinnitus). Thankfully, I haven't lost any hearing. As you may imagine, while this was going on, my anxiety was through the roof, making that entire period of my life a living nightmare. It was at that time when I had CAT scans and MRI's of my brain to make sure there was no tumor. Now, I'm at the point where I don't even notice the ringing anymore. I only hear it in a very quiet room. And my brain has compensated for the balance problem and I have no balance issues at all. The fact that you feel that rubber band like pressure around your head makes me wonder if you are experiencing a similar type of thing. I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose you. But that is exactly what I experienced when I had the labyrinthitis and I also suffered damage to the balance nerve. The good news is, it went away. It took several months, but it did get better.

You mention jerky movements and, again, I have experienced something similar. When my anxiety was at it's worst, I literally couldn't fall asleep because every time I started to fall asleep, my body would literally jerk awake. Like my whole head, or an arm, or a leg would actually jump and wake me up. It is called a myoclonic jerk. Not sure if you experience that. As my anxiety calmed down, that stopped.

As far as medications, they tried me on Zoloft first. I had an alergic reaction to that where I broke out in hives all over my arms so they switched me to Effexor. What I will say about Effexor is that it really seemed to totally numb me out. Personally, I hated it. It was also an absolute nightmare to get off. It required a VERY slow taper otherwise I experienced really weird side effects. They then tried me on Lexapro. Lexapro seemed to be mild and evened me out a little. It didn't seem bad, but I just kind of discontinued taking it because I'm not the type who like to take pills forever. What I swear by is Klonopin. When I get into that nonstop cycle of anxiety, Klonopin interrupts it and gets me back to normal. It hasn't failed me yet. I will only stay on it a week or two at most because of the potential for dependency.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #20
    milly molly
    (female)

Thanks you are my knight in shining armour,I can relate to everything you reply to.I go for balance sessions where they have me shaking my head to train my brain to deal with the dizziness.It as helped.If I could get over the inner shakes and the weird sensations I would feel fine.Sometimes when in any kind of conversation I feel like i,ve lost the plott and seem to get tongue tied,It,s worrying and I think sometimes I,m going mad.Thank you for sparing the time to reply it,s very kind of you and very helpful.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #21
    rvnic
    (male)

rvnic HB User

I'm happy to try to help. I just know how terrifying anxiety can be. You are sure you are feeling something, but nobody can fix it. It's a difficult thing. But, remember, it does get better. I don't know if you are seeing a psychiatrist, but you really should. That is a key for me in turning the corner and getting over these episodes of anxiety.

I have also had plenty of times where I have lost my train of thought in mid conversation. I think it's because our minds are so preoccupied with other stuff that whatever we are talking about kind of takes a back seat.

As far as the balance thing goes, the vestibular rehab therapy that you are doing is supposed to work very well. They were going to do it with me, but I started to kind of feel better on my own so I didn't do it. I will say that it took a long time though to fully get over the labyrinthitis. I didn't feel right for at least 6 months. Maybe longer.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #22
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

If you are drinking a lot of coffee or anything with caffiene you might want to cut down or quit all together. It help me a lot.

Hope you're feeling better today.

~Belle~

Old 02-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #23
    milly molly
    (female)

Thanks, I have already took your advice and i have been to the docs and asked to talk to a therapist.I have to wait for the appointment to be arranged.yes I agree anxiety is terrible it,s all the physical symptoms I can,t handle. It,s like I,m doing something but it doesn,t feel real,Had a visitor this morning the inner shakiness became worse, I was dizzy and my words felt like I wasn,t forming my words.Felt really weird.This is so not like me,i have always been confident and full of life.Went to the shop and I honestly thought I was going to collapse, and the feeling is still with me hours later. was you like this.other people seem to feel ok soon after.It never leaves me thats why I think something as been missed, but docs tell me i,m ok.I think you can tell I,m desperate,It,s like being trapped in a body that isn,t working. Thanks again for your good advice.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #24
    AlexandraS
    (female)

AlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB User

Hay Molly...I have the same thing the inner shaking and getting dizzy all day...
    I know what it feels like. And yes it's due to anxiety the constant worry is what's causing you to shake like that..ease your mind and do something else it will in time go away. I promise..you will be like me and eventually cope with the fact u shake internally and you'll soon forget about it. There is also something I drink that calmed the shaking down. It has helped alot it's called chamomile tea. When I feel I'm gonna start shaking I drink a cup of tea and it soothes my nerves. That's what causes you to shake is your nerves. Once you control them or learn how to. Then everything will fall into place. I'm still dealing with a few things but I'll cope with them....hope you get better.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
    milly molly
    (female)

Many thanks for your advice, yes the inner shaking is terrible. do you feel like you can,t form your words and that everything is dream like. I,m worse when talking to anybody even on the phone.I just feel weird all the time. I will be grateful for any feed back you reply to. It,s helpful .

The Following User Says Thank You to milly molly For This Useful Post:
    AlexandraS (02-09-2012)
    Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #26
    milly molly
    (female)

Thanks for your advice, I don,t drink coffee .It must be the anxiety thats making me shake.I have loads of test and they all come back ok.I,m seeing a therapist soon. What was your symptoms?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #27
    rvnic
    (male)

rvnic HB User

Hi Milly, just checking in. Hope you're doing OK. I saw you talking about getting tongue tied. Same exact thing happens to me. Never happened in the past before all this anxiety stuff started for me in my mid-20's. I used to be one of the quickest thinking with one of the sharpest tongues in my group of friends. Now I find that I can't get my thoughts together a lot of the time. And it happens to me so often where I start talking and I'm stumbling over my words. Like my brain is ahead of my tongue or something. It's frustrating. I take a deep breath and concentrate on talking more slowly and making sure that I really pronounce each word clearly.

Last edited by rvnic; 02-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
    Avaleen G
    (female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User

You are having major anxiety, I am as well. I get those symptoms you have, shaking, trembling etc. Especially when I'm trying to sleep. I am glad you are on anti-depresants. My doctor perscribed me some but I am afraid to even try them. They have been sitting on the counter for about 2 months. I am so desperate to feel normal again I'm just afraid if I try the ant-depresants I will get worse or something medically will happen to me ):

Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #29
    milly molly
    (female)

Oh thanks for your input,I honestly thought I was going mad.It feels like some thing is crawling within my body and the wobbly legs feel like they will give way.This happens 24/7 it seems to never go away.The antideppresants havn,t done much yet but I will give them a good go.I,m very light headed and some times everything feels unreal.Hope you feel better and perhaps we compere symtoms then we can help one another.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #30
    milly molly
    (female)

Thanks for your reply,it,s the shaking and dizzyiness which is the worst.My legs are always wobbly ,even my mouth jumps and goes tight.Have you had any similar symptoms. I jerk in different places when I,m in bed and my body aches.lets hope we are feeling better soon. i will let you know.

Closed Thread