It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• One eye blurry...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User
    One eye blurry...

Hello everyone, I am new here - just had custom Wavefront iLasik this past Thursday (2/23). First, I want to say thank you to everybody for sharing your stories, they have been very helpful to me! From what I have read so far, it seems to be somewhere normal to have some blurred vision for awhile after Lasik. My right eye was perfect almost from the start, but my left eye has been somewhat blurry. At my one-day follow-up, the doc said I had 20/20 in my right eye and 20/30 in my left, and that I had some dry spots in the left that were causing the blurriness. I have been using the drops religiously, and no improvement in that left eye so far. My next appointment isn't until March 14th, should I be worried yet? I was thinking of calling to try to get in sooner, what do you all think? Oh, and I had approximately -6.00 in both eyes before with slight astigmatism.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User
    Re: One eye blurry.......

Update: Well, its been a week now and no improvement so I called the eye Dr where I had it done and they can get me in tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some answers and everything will be ok. I will update again after my appointment tomorrow.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
    BlurEye
    (female)

BlurEye HB User
    Re: One eye blurry.......

I know I was told that since I had a pretty high prescription -5.5 and a bad astigmatism in both eyes, that it could take longer than most other people for the vision to stabilize. My right eye is pretty good, but as you saw in my thread I have had some flap issues with the left eye so it is difficult for me to tell if my vision is improving for that eye (pre-stitches it was about 20/50). I hear many people do not reach their best vision until 3-6 months after the LASIK.

I also hear that more lubricating drops help people out. I have not found that to be the case with me, as my blurry vision is not being caused by dryness, but it may help you out some.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User
    Re: One eye blurry...

Thank you, Blureye - I think my problem might be dryness, as the doc told me at my one-day follow-up that I did have some dry spots on that eye. I'm not sure if astigmatism could be it, I only had .25 in one eye and .5 in the other, but I have heard of Lasik-induced astigmatism so not sure if that could be it. I have been using lubricating drops frequently, so maybe it just needs a little more time to heal. I just hope to get a little more peace of mind at my appointment tomorrow, either that there is a problem that we can treat, or that its all good and just needs more time to heal.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

Just an update - had my appointment today and the doc says everything looks good but I'm slightly farsighted in the left eye and have some astigmatism. Its not much though, and he says it may still improve in the next month. I also purchased some lubricating drops that he recommended called Oasis Tears Plus - they make my eyes feel wonderful! Best drops I have used yet - they were $20 for a box of single use vials but so far worth every penny.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
    BlurEye
    (female)

BlurEye HB User

I was using the Oasis, but find that I really love the Systane Extended Relief drops. They are more glue like in consistency, and I don't have to put drops in nearly as often as the Oasis. I'm glad that your doc thinks you are doing okay - it is always nice to have some reassurance.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

I don't think I've seen those yet, I might have to look for them at the store. I bet they are a lot less expensive than the Oasis! So how did your appointment go today?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
    BlurEye
    (female)

BlurEye HB User

They are about 12 dollars a box (and there is a long-lasting and extended relief - be sure to get the one that says extended relief). I find that they are especially nice to put on at night, as I have less of a dry eye in the morning.

The doc said I am healing very nicely in the left eye right now. Vision is about 20/70 and my eyes are very light-sensitive right now so he is having me increase the steroid drops for a few days to accelerate healing. I am due to have the stitches removed in two weeks.

Here's to further good news for the both of us.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

Well, 20/70 isn't great vision yet, but its a huge improvement from where you were before! Hope it continues to improve like that! I will definitely look for those drops next time I'm at the store, my eyes get so dry at night and I've tried Refresh gel and PM but they didn't help much.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

Tonight for the first time, I actually missed my glasses. I was driving home from about an hour and a half away, and it was dark and snowing. My eyes are doing pretty good, but they kind of felt like when I wore contacts and they got blurry and scratchy at the end of the day. Then I realized that I can't just make that feeling go away and put glasses on again. Kind of a bittersweet moment.....

Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
    BlurEye
    (female)

BlurEye HB User

I have had the same feeling! I keep thinking that one of these days I am going to try to remove my contacts and realize there are no contacts in my eyes.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #12
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

Its been 2 weeks today. I still have some blurriness in ny left eye, but it seems to be improving. Overall, I am very happy with the results and just hope the left eye will continue to get clearer. I don't have any dryness issues and night driving is good, a little starbursting yet but not bad and getting better.

Closed Thread