It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Nervous about transforaminal Injection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
    llwjww
    (female)

llwjww HB User
    Nervous about transforaminal Injection

I am scheduled for a Transforaminal Injection on the 27th and am really nervous. I have had the 3 lumbar epidurals with little relief. Is this procedure painful? Has anyone had any good experience with them? I could really use some help. I wasn't really nervous about the epidurals, I don't know why I'm letting this get to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
    darbymai59
    (female)

darbymai59 HB User
    Re: Nervous about transforaminal Injection

llwjww,
    I can understand how you feel. I am nervous about everything they do. So far nothing seems to be as bad as my mind has anticipated. I have had 1 epidural, 1 RadioFrequency Ablation, and 4 transforaminal injections. I didn't think the transforaminal hurt any more than the epidural (I think the shot to numb is worse). Each transforaminal injection helped with my pain and lasted 3 to 4 weeks (it was wonderful) before the pain started gradually coming back. Maybe the relief from the injection will last longer for you. I have decided to go ahead and schedule my Laminectomy surgery to eliminate the problem that is causing the pain. Hope it does.

Let us know how you come out.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
    llwjww
    (female)

llwjww HB User

darbymai59,
    Thank you so much for replying. I think 3 to 4 weeks with less pain would be wonderful. I am glad to hear that it doesn't hurt much more than the epidural. I wish you luck with your Laminectomy surgery and hope it gives you some relief.
    I would like to hear from anyone else that has had this injection.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
    Jhelm
    (male)

Jhelm HB User

I just had one done on friday and to be honest it hurt more than the epidural injection. I had an ivy sedation but you could feel the needle all they way in and on both sides. The doc hit my nerve on the left side and man did that ever increase the pain. Good luck with yours. I am wondering since this is my first tsi how has anyones pain been after a few weeks or months and did you need additional ones as well?

Last edited by Jhelm; 04-22-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Closed Thread