It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Spinal Tap after sight Loss in Both eyes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
    JsMis
    (female)

JsMis HB User
    Spinal Tap after sight Loss in Both eyes?

Having my Spinal Tap tomarrow in INDY "scared", after I loss my sight that I talked about on here the other day. I went to the doctor and they told me that it doesn't sound like MS, MS does NOT cause you to loose sight in both eyes, and then get it back in a day. I told him it was back to"normal" in my left eye within 15min but my right eye it took all night. He told me it was just a migraine. My question has anybody every lost sight at the same time in both eyes with MS? Because this doctor said it to my husband now my husband thinks it set in stone, I only have migraines, which is great if thats all I have, but how do we explain all the other stuff going on in my body? Thank for your replies

Last edited by JsMis; 04-26-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot to put something in

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: Spinal Tap after sight Loss in Both eyes?

I lost sight in both eyes on several occasions, but the period of vision loss was 2-3 days at a minimum with times as long as 5-10 days. I would agree that you would not get sight back in such a short time were it MS.

The Spinal Tap or LP is much easier to deal with than when I had my first one in 1987. Then I had to be an in-patient, but in 2002 it was much easier and done in the doctor's office. Follow the instructions and you should be fine. Whatever happens, please let us know.
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
    JsMis (04-27-2012)
    Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

i think I have to agree as well that this isnt MS related.

MS eye problems are due to inflammation of the optic nerve and one doesnt usually lose complete sight, rather it is presented in such a way that things are grey or fuzzy....this is called optical neuritis, or ON and its painful. It doesnt reverse itself in a matter of hours- and for most people takes months. I have heard of some people claiming it only lasts a few days....but again its not what you are describing. Any opthmologist can see behind the eye and determine if ON is your problem...the fact that you are being told probably not, is more than likely correct. Its probably migrane related.

An LP is quite a procedure to go through for a migrane! Its not going to tell you anything about MS, youre aware of this, right?

Ive had several LPs....lay flat after the procedure. Do not get up and walk around for at least 8 hours, no matter how "good" you feel, dont push yourself. Youll be back in the hospital with a headache like you have never experienced and wind up getting a blood patch. Stay flat for at least 8 hours! Drink lots of caffeine and youlll be fine.
    But, I think your doctor and husband are probably right...this doesnt sound related to MS.
    Nikki

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    JsMis (04-27-2012)
    Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
    JsMis
    (female)

JsMis HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Spinal Tap after sight Loss in Both eyes?

well had the Tap and it went GREAT!!!! No pain really, in & out Great Doctor and Tech, they even let my husband be there holding myhand through the whole thing, I have PDD-NOS so it really helps me to keep calm when he can be with me through anything like this. Was so glad it went so GREAT!!!!! Now BED REST, & waiting for the results! no headach yet either Thanks for all the support, I still go tuesday nite for the 48 hour video eletroleds to my head in hospital stay then I'm done with testing. (watch'n my brain waves& watch'n me)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Hey! Great update. I am glad you got through the LP. Rest well and let us know what happens after your 48 hour reading!
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
    JsMis
    (female)

JsMis HB User

thank you MSJayhawk, and thanks for make'n me feel welcome, you can sure bet I will!!!!

Closed Thread