It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Anybody tried TCM?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
    tampopo
    (female)

tampopo HB User
    Anybody tried TCM?

Hi,

In feb I had a sore throat that did not go away for months even after 2 rounds of antibiotics, saw another doc who diagnosed me as acid reflux as he can see the ' acid burns' from my throat. Gave me meds didnt work and I took some chinese meds for 2 wks and it went away.

I didnt know the 'seriousness' of this and I continued pigging out at buffets, drinking beer and ate everything I like.

Then April I had a very stressful event and this GERD came back with a vegenece. I had a slight sore throat so I took the chinese meds but its not working this time. I keep feeling bloated and an attack of gastritis (stomach burning in pain), went to see doc and he says its gastric flu??? as I have a history of gastric flu. His meds is not helping either. So I went to the ENT who scope down my throat and shocked to see my throat was 'burned'.. He gave me Nexium, Gavsico etc. I took for 2 weeks and it only helped alittle bit.. Anyways I realised I am more of a LPR rather than what he says cos I have the globus feeling. I still feel very bloated despite have small meals, stomach burning, burping etc its making me so uncomfortable and affected my mood, my work and my life. I stopped all these drugs and I turned to TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine) and it's been a month im feeling better..except the phlgem is still alittle bit there. I can pretty much eat whatever I wanted, feel hungry easily and overall I feel ok, but yesterday night I had a big bowl of carbs and some fried stuffs (couldnt resist!) and I felt bloated throughout the night.. But i dont get the kind of bloated feeling that I used to that makes me sick to the stomach..

I know how much misery it can caused us to have. Drugs is only there to help you feel better, but it wont 'cured' the root of the problem. You have to let your body heal by yourself n it takes time... Eat more alkaline food and healing food like salmon, sweet potatoes, lotus root, honey etc.. I am not sure if TCM is readily available in your country but if you know of a good one, do go and try. I have had a friend who also had GERD for a long time, and she was on TCM for 6 months and is now fully recovered for a few years already.

I am also eating garlic pill once a day. I intend to try the pine nut oil too since its all natural..

Get well soon everyone!

The Following User Says Thank You to tampopo For This Useful Post:
    rexng (08-05-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
    rexng
    (male)

rexng HB User
    Re: Anybody tried TCM?

hi tampoo,

you said in the post that your friend was on TCM and was cured can you let me know which TCM is it? I would like to give it a try. I am suffering from gerd too.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
    tampopo
    (female)

tampopo HB User

I am referring to myself.

The TCM im seeing is at Dawson Place (opp Honda showroom) near Queenstown mrt. It's located at level one can see it easily.

Anyways for TCM you have to take it for sometime to see effects.. its not immediate results. Be patient.. I wasnt patient enough.. just went i thought im okay, i went back to my old eating habits again and doesnt take a scientist to know im doing payback now. So the vicious cycles starts again. So have to take TCM faithfully until its all clear.... may take 3-6 months.

Which gastro doc r u seeing?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
    rexng
    (male)

rexng HB User

Thank You for your reply.

The 1st time I went for the scope was in 2007, diagnosed as gerd and gastric inflammation. I went to mount e during that time doc was Benny Ang.

After that I have seen a few TCM but it's not working. My condition keeps coming on and off it's driving me crazy. It's very miserable when you can't eat the food you want to. And it does affect my life.

Currently I am visiting nam seng clinic at beauty world. The drugs helps a bit but I have a nagging feeling it's not going to cure the root problem so I want to try TCM again but it's hard to find really good ones almost like finding a needle in the sea.

What is the name and address of the TCM medical hall? And is the medication the doc prescribe herbs for brewing?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
    tampopo
    (female)

tampopo HB User

Did you not went back to the specalist? You should get a scope again and see how it is now. TCM is for long term treatment.. you must also watch your diet, your weight and your lifestyle.

Try reading up more information on this forum provides, many members have shared here their valuable information and experiences.

Hope you recover soon.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
    rexng
    (male)

rexng HB User

No I did not went back to the specalist. But I might get a scope again. The reason why I want to try TCM is cos I did not want to rely on drugs.

I will be reading up on the forum. Hope I am not asking for too much but if you have any useful advice on this forum pls post a link as I just did a search on gerd and there's alot of topic.

Thank you for your advice.

Last edited by rexng; 08-05-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added comment

Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
    There are many traditional methods/medications you can try.
    I had H.Pylori which caused me to have Ulcers one which bled. Antibiotic regime cured the H.P but I was left with a lot of stomach problems, PPIs did not help.
    Recently I have been taking "Manuka Honey" and have found that to be really helpful. It's not a cure-all and what helps one person may not help another but I thought I'd pass this on all the same.
    Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
    rexng
    (male)

rexng HB User

Hi Solofelix,

Thank you for the advice. I haven't tried Manuka Honey before but isn't honey sweet and doesn't sweet stuff causes more acid in the stomach. Do correct me if I am wrong.

It true that what helps one person may not help another as each of our body are different but any method is worth the try as long as it helps to relieve the problem.

Thank you again for the advice.

Closed Thread