It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Derealization (brain fog, low/fuzzy vision, disconnected feeling)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
    Derealization (brain fog, low/fuzzy vision, disconnected feeling)

Its called Derealization which is a Dissociative Dissorder. Ive had it exactly 13 yrs this month. I called it Brain Fog for about 11 years before finding out the name for it. It was the beginning of my problems. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia & there is something else going on which I will be seeing another Nuerologist for.
    I have seen a Physicologist for the Derealization. Its beleived it is caused by a tramatizing even. I had a tough childhood which is why the Physicologist thinks if I talk about it, it'll cure me. I have it 24/7 never goes away. However for most people it comes & goes. It can be a symptom of FM, CFS & MS. I have a friend with FM and another with both FM & MS. They say that it hits them in times of stress & goes away. I do wonder if mine stays because I'm always under stress, not as bad these days though.
    I do have Brain fog & extremelly forgetful, but not the same thing as Derealization.

Anyhow I hope this gives you all insight on this disorder & helps you find a way to recovery.
    Back injury~ 2005
    Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
    calvarypw
    (female)

calvarypw HB User
    Re: brain fog, low and fuzzy vision, disconnected feeling

Hey There-
    If you have received normal scans (ct scan or MRI) and everything looks good,
    you might want to research candida albicans. Back in the nineties I thought I
    was developing MS or ALS and went to a dr. who turned me onto "The Yeast
    Connection" by Dr. William Crook. Basically what was happening was that I had
    too many rounds of antiobiotics and ate too many refined carbs, which lead to an overgrowth of yeast in my gut. Everyone has this yeast-it just gets out of
    balance when we kill our "good" bacteria and don't replenish it.

I would wake up normal, eat something I unknowingly had developed a reaction to, then I would feel all spacey and foggy. It wasn't
    a headache-just a weird disconnected feeling which I now believe was a cerebral allergy. I also experienced panic attacks for the first time, usually
    after eating wheat. Fortunately, I was able to get my system back into balance somewhat, and today when I feel these symptoms I know I have to get back on my low carb diet and get some yeast fighters and eat yogurt, etc! If you have ever been on steroids or birth control or antibiotics this might be something you should look into!

Old 04-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I hope once it was just a yeast overgrowth... I've been on the yeast diet twice hoping it would help. It's been awhile but I remember eating bland meat & veggies... It sucked.... I didn't notice any improvement Do quit after a couple months. Also been on gluten free for 6 months...
    I'd spent years being tested for everything then trying many different vitamins, diets, ect...
    Back injury~ 2005
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
    Kasey443
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I felt like that a few times and was treated for a virus that I didn't have. Most doctors missed the source. The problem was in my upper back, shoulder and neck muscles.
    When these are stressed and tighten up, they press on the blood vessels going to the head, affecting the oxygen supply to the brain.
    I went to a physical therapist and received counter strain therapy. This immediately started working and I am now back to myself again.
    If all else fails, please get these areas checked. It is easy to do, when pressure is applied certain places, the symptoms are way worse if this is the source.
    The therapy takes the knots and tension out of the muscles, releasing their pressure on the blood vessels that go to the brain.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

That's interesting you say that... I always have pain in my neck & surrounding areas. I get the migraine like headaches. I talked to a lady yesterday who's had fibro almost 40 yrs. she had the neck pain & headaches also. She had neck surgery which helped her neck pain & she doesn't get the headaches anymore!
    Then you mentioned releiveing those blood vessels...
    I wrecked a quad a few yrs ago but never got it checked out. I think that may be causing probs now. With the derealization... I wonder if an injury from when I was a child coil have caused it. My step dad had knocked the breath out of me a few times but once in particular I really remember... My upper back, neck, shoulders & chest hurt for months. I was about 9 or so. Of course never seen a dr for it.
    Funny how we can look back now & different things & wonder what could have caused what... It's like a big puzzle...
    Back injury~ 2005
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
    Kasey443
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hi thefarm, your symptoms are most likely from these areas. I forgot to mention the therapist told me my symptoms would not go away on their own, they may hybernate at times though, then come back, which mine did, so I wouldn't doubt a person could have a problem for years. I still go to therapy once in a great while as mine will come back if I overuse my neck or arms.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
    Decieved
    (female)

Decieved HB User

If you've had Botox recently - then you may be experiencing these feelings and should go to Botox support community for further understanding. Would like to know if you've had Botox and when.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hello,
    I had a neck X-ray & I guess it looks fine.
    I have Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia. The neck, shoulder & upper back pain started when Fibro pain set it. My lower back which is messed up was manageable until fibro set in. Just amplifies these things. I just figured the neck x-ray would show something since its even more painful than my lower back. Many people don't believe in fibro, but it is very real. But even those of us who have it have a really hard time understanding it. Just have to learn to manage it.
    I plan to go back to the therapist hopefuly soon. With 4 kids, they come first. Not helping when I have a renter destroying my rental house, hasn't paid rent since April & having a hard time getting them out. 2 extra mortgage payments on top our regular one then court fees. But you are right, if I could get rid I it on my own I would have...
    I've never had Botox but didn't know it would cause derealization...
    Back injury~ 2005
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
    Kasey443
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi thefarm, sorry you are going through such a hard time. Everything always seems to come down on us at once, doesn't it?
    About your neck x-ray, these will not show any problem in the muscles.
    I had x-rays also, and they showed nothing, yet I had alot of pain in my upper back, shoulders and neck, along with numerous symptoms of feeling out of it mentally, short term memory, off balance feeling, tons of others.
    The neurologist sent me to therapy and it helped immensely.
    The therapy I now have is called counter strain, very gentle, and it releases the tension in my muscles.
    I hope you can try some therapy. My girlfriend has fibro and I know it helped her.
    I also have a very messed up lower back. I had surgery years ago for a herniation, and was told at that time that I also had stenosis.
    I cannot stand real long, and have another herniation. It does affected your entire spine when you have low back problems, I know as I have had low back problems for years and years.
    I have been living with this for 30 years.
    When my low back used to go out years ago, if I didn't get it fixed, my neck then started in, it still does.
    I have also had therapy on my low back, the therapist showed me what to do to keep it from going out, and it did work for quite awhile.
    Once it did go out, it just moved up my spine to my neck.
    I hope you can get your muscles checked. An orthopedic doctor knows what to check, and a neurologist, and a therapist.
    I think it may help your low back and neck.
    Good luck to you, I hope you can find some relief from this.

Closed Thread