It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• I want to do Lasik. Advise needed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User
    Re: I want to do Lasik. Advise needed

So don't tell its your decision, some part of it is, but some part is all nonsense of normal or perfect visin after it, or docotr telling you falsely on your questions. In the end it is our decision, but with huge influence of marketing and other people, and wanting to see, it is not a decisin, it is moment of weakness to see. I am ashamed of myself for falling for it, i thought i was smart enough. It doesnt matter if everything is supe for you, maybe if you reccomend this to some family member or friend, and they end up bad, how will yu feel, will you tell them it was you decision not my fault lalalal? The problem is even one person damaged by this procedue in the world, is enoguh to question it, especially if everythng went fine with procedure. Are people still experimental bunnies for FDA in this, they seem to conduct their research for wuite long time now. If a procedure fails without reason, has limits, than abandon it, why risk people eyes, develop safer procedure with eliminated crazy risks liek in ths one? No, money money is huge here. Oh probably this risk will never be eliminated, eye is mazin organ, complex, light pases though it that lets us see, when you cut the window and laser it where the light passes, how can we expect it will pass correctly like before thought natural unotuched cornea?

Although several LASIK-related suicides and countless cases of LASIK-related depression have been documented, the LASIK industry has repeatedly denied any link between LASIK complications and depression or suicide. But wait! What did Lt. Cmdr. John B. Cason, M.D. say to a group of his peers in January, 2012? Some patients are so uncomfortable and so despondent over failed treatments that they become suicidal. As one patient Dr. Cason had in fellowship said, "I want my eyes taken out or I want to die."

2/15/2012 - LASIK pioneer drops "bombshell" against LASIK, will no longer perform the procedure because it violates his medical ethics.

tell me how is ths normal, so much about this procedure, how is a procedure still going on if there are suicied because of it, destroyed vision. Isn't it enough? Why do they risk more eyes? I know money, but not everyone can be that corrupt or can they?

I also was reading all that long time ago before my lasik, but i always thoguth not everyone gets problems, all is fine today, no you telling me having straburst says otherwise. you are happy yet wit a side effec, sorry, but they shudl tell their patient, glare halo starurst ghostin is the most common side effect after lasik, not 1% but most common, and than you can decide if you want it.

Last edited by guy448; 06-15-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
    Aidigita
    (female)

Aidigita HB User

The only starbursts I see are the car lights at night. And that's not all cars either. I am fine with street lights and indoor lights and even the sun.

Both coworkers of mine who did theirs with blade surgery, said their's went away. It seems like it's different for everyone. Some heal faster than others. I had my surgery last week, last Thursday!

My eyes were very sensitive to light. I could not drive without sunglasses and even on some rainy days I still wore my sunglasses. I will let you know if they still are after a month from now.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User

It's not about healing, your eyes heal quickly after this procedure, i mean i have nothing to heal anymore. To me it seems either surgeons fault, or just laser limit. Something is badly corrected or could not be corrected as precisely as for soem ideal patients, if there are IDEAL patients in this. hy do I see clearer with smaller pupils at night with infulence of drops, but whe pupils go back to natural size i see very bad? Like that area is not correcetd right. Laser deal less energy on outer area, but if it cannot do its job right, why do it then. Are they so crazy to think i would get used to a vision in which cant NORMALLY function? understand some halo or starburst efect drugin night or daylight, although that s also why? it should not be there, but it doesn't impact you if it is just contant, it desnt depend on your pupils size.
    Its hard to explan it without pictures here.

Nevermind, I am also suicidal now, and feeling sick of my eyes.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #34
    Aidigita
    (female)

Aidigita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by guy448 View Post
    Although several LASIK-related suicides and countless cases of LASIK-related depression have been documented, the LASIK industry has repeatedly denied any link between LASIK complications and depression or suicide. But wait! What did Lt. Cmdr. John B. Cason, M.D. say to a group of his peers in January, 2012? Some patients are so uncomfortable and so despondent over failed treatments that they become suicidal. As one patient Dr. Cason had in fellowship said, "I want my eyes taken out or I want to die."

2/15/2012 - LASIK pioneer drops "bombshell" against LASIK, will no longer perform the procedure because it violates his medical ethics.

tell me how is ths normal, so much about this procedure, how is a procedure still going on if there are suicied because of it, destroyed vision. Isn't it enough? Why do they risk more eyes? I know money, but not everyone can be that corrupt or can they?
    While I do believe that this has happen, you must remember that women and men in the military see a lot of things and it has been proven that they experience so much that at times, unfortunately, go crazy.

It's sad and a shame this happened to these young men & women. While this guy proved that lasik did not work for him, my coworkers both prove that they can still see after 13 years. It's all different for people! You can only tell them your opinion and expeirence and it would be up to them to decide. Whether their experience is great or bad!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User

But don't you think eyes should be valued more, since lasik came, people don't love their eyes anymore. People are afraid of anything going near their eyes with natural reflexes, some cant put contacts in, but wanna do lasik? Permanently weakening cornea and cuting it. I mean there are still far worse complicatins much worse like ectasia, but ofcourse if nightvision issues are big, that is almost as being half blind, you are just seeing soo poorly in some parts of ay, i woudl say many parts.

What? I belive soldiers are damaged by lasik, liek some pilots, they cant function anymore, especially soldier and pilot who need perfect vision, in all conditions, especially dark one.

Nope, i am feelign that way, too, i am not a soldier, i seriously say that if i could i woudl take them out, one guy said if his arm was ddetroyed liek eyes after lasik, he would cut it off. Without one arm human can still live much better quality than with destroyed adn impacted vision which no glasses can correct. That is the issues here, non correctable.

It s different yes, some people are ok, some less, some with screwed up vision and livs. But how come screwed up people can not impact this procedure, for stoping it, for researchng it more. Seems liek they research it as they do it, i mean like thy wanna make money while they can, if somethign better comes, well tough luck you already did it.

That is so crazy to me, its a procedure on eyes, and people report bad vision after it, isnt it enough to say something is wrong? How can we accept that its okay for some people t have bad visin afer and some ok? It shoudl be, everybody shoudl have ok vision after, it is corective eye surgery, the point is to correct the vision not worsen it, and if it has flaws, and to some people t worsens it, than it is a procedure to be stopped and back into research lab until they come with solutions rght?

You don't get with glasses or contacts that some peopel see with glasse, thers don't everybody ses with glasses. But after lasik, its a big gamble, whic is lowere with flase advertising etc.

That i can not understand for money eyes are no longer considere precious organs, everboy s pretty much wlingly wanting to go under a knife. I mean we see FDA guy now speakng out about problems and FDa not researching or takng side effects seriously, yu se that is real, that is happening. How to belive anyone anymore, why would anyone wana go to surgery after all that comes out, if FDA cares about pepoels health, they would stop it, if people have commited suicide, or reported bad vision, then surgery is a failure. Eye is to precious to go like oh hel if you go get srugery on a finger and you lose a finger, well its the same as losing a vision, it is a surgery.

I am just saying, we are considering nvasive procedure so lightly, and it i still going, no matter if wxler comes out telling he would not reccomedn anyone getting this surgery. How crazy is that exFDA guy who was in approval of thsi procedure, now would not reccomend it to anyone? What hw what? When enoguh people are detroyed than you come out, and it's still going on, so how many people need to be damaged to say, stp, we made a mistake. Never i guess, ratio of satisfied is bigger than failed, and clinics got their money from satisfied patient and the ones whose visin is destroyed.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #36
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User

Reality is, this procedure is life or death situation. 50-50, no 1% no 20% it is 50-50, it either goes right or goes wrong. impacted vision with effects and ghosting is not normal healthy vision. It's a tradeoff for glasses. And it is life or death, it can either up your quality of life, or completely destroy it, it can even kill you, depending on what kind of person you are. If you are sensitive about your sight, and can't do thing you loved to do before, yes without therapy and medication it can kill you. It's liek going to a heart surgery, only differenc is, if you are going to heart surery you are probably dying and you need i, there is no choice, you die without it or during it. Here you only put yourself at risk, nothng more. mean not only risk, you actualy make a flap in your cornea forver, something that wasnt there, now it is, so poke, hard rubing or whatever can dislodge the flap. Its a surgery with never healing flap. That is enogh crazy to scare people away, just that part.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
    Aidigita
    (female)

Aidigita HB User

You def make some good points guy!

We can say there are complications with contacts too! If I had not started wearing contacts I would have never gotten a scar in my eye.

I can only pray that God continues to bless me and my eye sight doesn't get to the point where I want my eyes taken out!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User

Yes, but if yu research internet and clinics enoguh, you can even found advrtsing as doctors stating that lasik is safer than contacts. Now that is crazy. Sure its a word play, like mcdonalds selling you new burger. It is safer in terms of infection, once you do lasik, you don't have t poke something n your eyes there fore safer than a contact, but only about infection part. But see here, sure contacts are a risk, but contacts are not ireversible surgery. And risk of contacts is probbly really really low, it depends on a user of it. Ofcourse there is infection involved if you do not do strict hygene of them, and do not follow all the rules.

I am curious, how did you get a scar because of contacts, were those some hard contacts, not soft. Reason because of scar? Infection or? Does that scar impact your vision?

Well if you dont feel like your eyesight is bad after lasik now, then it probably won't be bad for years to come, probably right. The thing is, its simple, you can notice bad visual acuity in low light, indoors, depending how much. To me its bothersome, to rgreteyes its bothersome, the thing is i can't watch tv normally like before. And if I cant watch tv comfortably and clear as before, such simple task, then something is bviously wrong, in much higher percentage. And if they can't measure my eye error in other clinic now, than that only cements it as somethng is really really bad. The thing is, fr you to go to procedure, aberrometer machine must be able to measure your eyes, and make a map of your eyes. I don't know, the other doctor todl me, its rare, but some people before procedure can not be taken measure, too much error, which means after it, it will be doubled. I don't know how then the clinic where i ws operated at ould measure it before, and as they sa can measure it after. Now that is too strange isnt it. Maybe i already had some errors, and was at bigger risk. Maybe not, maybe procedure elevetaed and induced all errors. It's crazy. I never thought i could nd up lie this, i was so nervous not knowing shoudl i do it or not, but i was so opsitiv it will all be alright, i trust these people.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
    Aidigita
    (female)

Aidigita HB User

You had every right to trust these people, we depend on doctors. They are suppose to be here for us.

I am not sure how exactly I got the scar. It was years ago in my 20s. She def said it was because of the contacts. It's grew a little but it seem to stop, it's right near my pupil. I used to wear soft contacts. Never hard!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #40
    Aidigita
    (female)

Aidigita HB User

what kind of lasik did you have? I had intralase!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #41
    guy448
    (male)

guy448 HB User

Not sure about trust, sure doctors are here because of us, but they are still only humans, and who knows how many of them get into that job for money than for patient.
    And lask surgeon is not a ordnary doctor who saves lives etc. This is pretty much private business, and for a 15min procedure they get paid well. I am also analyzing this, what drives someone o go into it, knowing the risks. Why screw with peoples eyes, if you are so ambitious, you can take so many other dirctions and not mess with eyes and still earn very good money. I dunno, to me it seems as big risk for a normal doctor too. Even danger from patient revenge if they screw them up. And there s plenty of them, so many clinics poping out, so many lasik surgeons.

i had intralase to, that just refers to how is your cornea cut, with laser, befre it was done with mechanical microceratom knife. It is still a cut, just more precise with laser. And safer n terms of infection. The second part of surgery is, today they do wavefront optimized or guided. It is deterimined before procedure for which on it is best for you. Both methods provide as they all say sameish results. So whre you do it today, it really doesnt matter much, its all pretty similar. But matters more if a surgeon is willing t take a risk with you, not just letting you take the risk.

Closed Thread