It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• ADVICE PLEASE on COLPO BIOPSY RESULTS!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
    dunk78
    (female)

dunk78 HB User
    ADVICE PLEASE on COLPO BIOPSY RESULTS!!!

Background info....

HR HPV positive for at least four years

ASCUS for four years

Recent pap HR HPV and ASC-H

Colposcopy revealed lesion that they did a biopsy on. Doctor thought that it looked like it would come back CIN II/III. He also saw a high number of white cells covering my cervix but to small to biopsy (his words exactly).

Biopsy Results were negative and nurse said I had a healthy cervix. She said the doctor told me to come back in ONE year.

This is great news except for the fact that the doctor saw a lesion, pap smear thought that I may have a High Grade Lesion and I am positive for High Risk HPV. Isn't a year pretty long to wait to see if anything else happens? Just wondering if anyone else has a similar situation and what your doctors did. I can't help to shake the feeling that the biopsy is wrong. Plus the whole reason I went to the doctor was because I have was having extremely heavy periods and started bleeding after intercourse. They couldn't give me a reason to why this is happening and had nothing to tell me to do to make it stop! Any advice on what to do? Should I see another doctor or request to have my doctor see me again in three months?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
    CosMicCat
    (female)

CosMicCat HB UserCosMicCat HB User
    Re: ADVICE PLEASE on COLPO BIOPSY RESULTS!!!

I would ask for a copy of the pathology results. You want to see the words "Reactive" on that pathology report. Reactive means that there was an abnormality but it was likely due to a benign process.
    I would insist on coming back for another check up, just to be sure. I actually had a normal colpo. No abnormal cells were seen at all. But ECC revealed ASCUS. Doctor wanted to be sure I was ok. We did a cervical cone biopsy which revealed CIN 3 in both squamous and glandular cells. CIN 3 never showed on any biopsy, and I had at least 3 of them prior to the Cone surgery. Things can hide. Not to scare you though! I know of other people who had the same thing that turned out to be nothing, or dysplasia that regressed. Squamous cell cervical cancer is slow growing, but just to be sure, get a second opinion, or go back earlier than a year, and get that path report

Old 07-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
    dunk78
    (female)

dunk78 HB User
    Re: ADVICE PLEASE on COLPO BIOPSY RESULTS!!!

Thanks for the reply. I actually have an appointment now with a gyn/oncologist. I sent them my records because my gyn would not do a referral to them. They reviewed my records and set me up for an appointment at the end of the month. The pathology report came back negative on everything. Including the ECC. I think I will just feel better once I see the other doctor. I also have had several problems with cysts in the past and a fibroid. I have for the last couple weeks been having having pain in my kidneys so maybe they will be able to get all of it fixed at the same time!

Closed Thread