It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Looking for advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
    lehcar
    (female)

lehcar HB Userlehcar HB User
    Re: Looking for advise

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tingles View Post
    Hang in there and realize that you are not alone in going through this. We all have our good days and bad days. On a good day you may just feel like recovering or get out and do things. On a bad day it is just easier to curl up and cry.
    Gosh how I know the feeling!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
    MaddieC
    (female)

MaddieC HB User
    Re: Looking for advice

So sorry to hear of your flare up
    My doctor's visit went pretty good, for what it was. I now officially have an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Sept. 19th. He also increased my gab. another 300mg a day and ordered new blood work rechecking all my B vitamin levels. However I was very annoyed when I went in today to have labs done unaware I needed to fast for 12 hours before hand. So I have to wait til tomorrow..
    Am extremely excited (and a little nervous) for my Cleveland trip. From what I have been told they will do every kind of test under the sun & with any luck I will leave there with a diagnosis! Will keep you all updated and hopefully it will be of great help to you!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
    mlanave
    (female)

mlanave HB User

Maddie C,
    I just posted a post very similar to yours. I had shingles and three days later began having major difficulty walking. My legs were numb, heavy and tingly and not very mobile. My arms and hands were tingly and heavy as well but I could move them just fine. I was hospitalized because they thought I had gullian barre. My reflexes were good. I had two MRIs, cat scan, xray and blood work. They didn't do the spinal tap because I had shingles.

That was a little over a month ago. The nuerologist now does not think it was gullian barre because I have good reflexes but says I definately have nueropothy. I now have pain in my legs everyday somedays worse than others. I have muscle cramps, stabbing pains, nerve twitches, and chills that run through my legs. IMy legs and hands feel like they go to sleep so easily now. It happens a lot.

I had an attack two weeks ago that lasted for three days where the pain was very intense deep in the bone and joints it felt like. My walking declined even more. I'm frustrated too because I don't know what to think. I'm not getting too much information from my nuerologist either. She acts as if she is at a complete loss. I have no idea if this is gonna get better or worse.

I go in to have a nerve conduction study done on the 29th and a brain mri on the 24th. I hoping for some results that will help her figure this out. It's very hard a frustating when you hurt so badly and they can't help you. I feel for you, I'm right there with you. Good luck with your appointment. I hope they can help you. Keep us posted on what they say. Take Care.

The following user gives a hug of support to mlanave:
    MaddieC (08-16-2012)
    Old 08-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
    nola
    (female)

nola HB Usernola HB Usernola HB User

MaddieC, that is so great that you have your appt. at the Cleveland Clinic! I hope you get a diagnosis. Please keep us posted. Hugs!

Closed Thread