It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall making me tired

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
    Amanda01
    (female)

Amanda01 HB User
    Question Adderall making me tired

28yrs old I just started taking adderall XR for add 4 days ago. I only take 5mg a day (I'm very sensitive to medication) and I also take 100 mg zoloft. The adderall is making me extremely tired after about 4 hrs. I feel like I took cold medicine or something. Is this normal? Thanks Amanda

[This message has been edited by Amanda01 (edited 10-19-2003).]
    I think I was just getting used to the meds. I now take 2.5 mg after 5hrs and I'm fine with it. I start to get tired when the meds is wearing off. Thanks for your replies!! Amanda

[This message has been edited by Amanda01 (edited 10-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
    * Free ~ Spirit *
    Inactive

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User
    I would suggest trying another treatment. If you want to stick with stimulants could you try ritalin? Adderall does tend to make some people tired. For others it gives a physical boost of energy then the tiredness sets in after the medication wears off. When I was younger I was medicated with adderall. It made me very tired. I used to take a dose at night to fall asleep.

Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
    cmcastillo

cmcastillo HB User
    I take 30mg daily of Adderall XR along with .5mg of Clonazapam and 60mg of Strattera at night. (I am a 32 year old 170lb male) I don't get tired from it, but a while back I substituted Imipramine at night instead of the Clonazapam/Strattera combo and the Adderall reacted terribly with it. I was not only extremely tired but dizzy and paranoid. This started occurring after a week of taking Imipramine. I was immediately put back on my original medications and after a few days the fatigue and paranoia went away. I wonder if your other medication could be having an affect.

Closed Thread