It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Cin3 refusing treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
    lrc2012
    (female)

lrc2012 HB User
    Red face Cin3 refusing treatment

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I will get straight down to it. In early September I decided, (after two months of avoiding it), that I would go for my three yearly pap smear test. I was avoiding it because they always came back normal anyway and I hated being poked down there, which for me was a really degrading experience. Well the reminders kept coming and finally I gave in. I remember coming home afterward and joking with my partner about refusing treatment if it came back abnormal, but at the time it never crossed me mind or his that it actually would. Surely enough within 7 days i received a letter informing me that I had moderate dysplasia. An appointment was made for the colposcopy the following week. There was a leaflet that came with the letter and I began to research every word side effect any links to the words their meaning their links their side effects and basically i was an emotional wreck that whole week. You see I’m the type of person that trusts nothing and questions everything! I learnt about all the treatments pros and cons, read about personal experience and even watched videos.

The colposcopy was a horrible experience. The guy performing the internal was cold as ice and didn't like that I question him about what he would be doing. The punched biopsies taken gave me sharp stabbing pains, and what was worse is that instrument he inserted got stuck on the way out and opened up inside me, the pain was so great i screamed and it brought tears to my eyes. The whole thing completely traumatised me. OK after hearing all the scary stuff about cancer from the Doctors I spoke to I decided that considering doctors don’t cure anything but only remove the symptom i was going to go about this a different way. I am in no way suggesting that anyone go about this the way I am. Id also like to add that i am well aware of all the lovely ladies that have received leep, cone biopsy treatment and have gone on to live happy healthy lives. However it is too great a thing for me to have an inch of my cervix shaved off, only to risk the cin returning in a year or two. I need to get to the root cause and believe i can reverse this Cin3 with a change of diet a less stressful life style and with the amazing help of bicarbonate of soda. I will be popping on and off here over the next two months to inform you of my progress and I will get retested for CIN in two months time. If there anything you’d like to know about the methods i will be using of anything just to ask . Also is any of you are in the same boat as me and are self treating i would love to hear from you.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User
    Smile Re: Cin3 refusing treatment

Hi ,
    I have had 2 lletz treatment in the last 6 years , both for CIN2 , I have since been diagnosed after a biopsy with cin3 , at the time of the biopsy the doctor was going to do the llets treatment then , but i asked for another appointment as i felt after the biopsy was enough for one day , I decided to research and find an alternative, My appointment for the llets treatment was 2 weeks ago and i rescheduled it for the 10th of January , as I have beeing using the bicarbonate soda and also have been taking vitamins to boost my immune system, as prescribed by Dr. Simoncini
    I was suprised at the time the the doctors couldnt or wouldnt tell me why my vagina smelled bad nothing i have ever suffered from before, and as you can imagine i found it very upseting, and as i had 2 different swabs done before my coloscopy that both came back clear (No Bacterial infection) , I could only put it down to the cin3 being the cause,
    Since useing the bicarbonate soda , the smell has stopped and discharge gone, I feel almost normal again,
    I will be due back for teatment on the 10th of January, I will ask them to see if it has improved and if all is as good as i hope I will definately refuse treatment,
    It is a wonderful feeling to have some control over your own body and not to feel the only answer is to be cut , and definately radiotherapy & chemotherapy is not the way for me .
    I would love to know how everything is going for you , I wish you well ,
    Kind regards. L.G.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
    parrotnutz
    (female)

parrotnutz HB User
    Re: Cin3 refusing treatment

How do you take the soda and how much?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I would reconsider your thoughts on this......
    opt for cryosurgery....it's easier, much less invasive, and painless

Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by parrotnutz View Post
    How do you take the soda and how much?
    Hi , What I have been doing is douching with 3 table spoons of bicarb soda diluted in a cup of water. also once a day a i drink a glass of water with 1/4 teaspoon of bicarb soda , It's not an accurate science and can only tell you what i am doing , this is only my personal trial , but i really want to give any natural remedy a chance before anything more invasive.

Another suposed cancer fighter is Apricot kernals (seeds) & Flax seed oil, i have read a lot of testimonies on these remedies, aparantly the belief is that cancer is caused by the bodies PH balance being wrong , usually to acidic , and the baking soda (bicarbonate soda ) helps to balance it, and the body needs a proper PH balance to counteract the effects. Well heres hoping . :-D

Last edited by Administrator; 09-24-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User
    Smile Re: Cin3 refusing treatment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
    I would reconsider your thoughts on this......
    opt for cryosurgery....it's easier, much less invasive, and painless
    Hi , Thanks for your advise , I am due back to hospital and will decide then , but before that i want to give my body the best possible chance to heal itself in less intrusive ways than any surgery, also i have had treatment twice before and maybe if i had tried these remedies then it would not have reacured , also I believe it's best to change my way of eating and use natural remedies , prevention before cure etc. also I believe the whole medical industry knows about brilliant remedies and cures that have been proven to exist , but because these natural remedies are as stated NATURAL ,, their is no huge profit , and they will never endorse or admit they exist and work .

Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

its called cryosurgery, but it's not really surgery. I had it done in the doctors office, they just insert something in you that freezes off the top layer of cells and they sluff off over the next couple weeks. It's not invasive, there is no blood, no cutting, it doesn't hurt.....please.....its the easiest way to treat this.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User

Quote:
    its called cryosurgery, but it's not really surgery. I had it done in the doctors office, they just insert something in you that freezes off the top layer of cells and they sluff off over the next couple weeks. It's not invasive, there is no blood, no cutting, it doesn't hurt.....please.....its the easiest way to treat this.
    Hi Like I said , I am due back on the 10th , and will evaluate the situation then, at the moment the procedure they are offering me is the Lletz , Loop electrical excision procedure, This I understand is a lower cost procedure and seems to be the only one offered (under medical card) , this is more invasive than the cryosurgery and it causes bleeding and healing time of about 4 to 6 weeks, as this procedure does cause bleeding and can include infection and hemorrhage. Damage to the cervical stroma may lead to cervical stenosis or incompetence. The LEEP does not appear to affect fertility. Scarring of the cervix can, however, lead to trouble conceiving, these are all things that the hospital has never mentioned to me , I have had this treatments twice in the last 6 years and have never felt completely back to normal after each one, I am very reluctant to go through it again , especially as this time i have now CIN3 .
    I will ask about the cryosurgery on my next visit ,If my alternative treatment has made no improvement , But if it has ... happy days, I will continue down that road, the road of non profit for the big pharmaceutical companies tha monopalise the medical market and how people can be ethically treated . Thanks again for your advise, L.G

Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 AM   #9
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Hi Like I said , I am due back on the 10th , and will evaluate the situation then, at the moment the procedure they are offering me is the Lletz , Loop electrical excision procedure, This I understand is a lower cost procedure and seems to be the only one offered (under medical card) , this is more invasive than the cryosurgery and it causes bleeding and healing time of about 4 to 6 weeks, as this procedure does cause bleeding and can include infection and hemorrhage. Damage to the cervical stroma may lead to cervical stenosis or incompetence. The LEEP does not appear to affect fertility. Scarring of the cervix can, however, lead to trouble conceiving, these are all things that the hospital has never mentioned to me , I have had this treatments twice in the last 6 years and have never felt completely back to normal after each one, I am very reluctant to go through it again , especially as this time i have now CIN3 .
    I will ask about the cryosurgery on my next visit ,If my alternative treatment has made no improvement , But if it has ... happy days, I will continue down that road, the road of non profit for the big pharmaceutical companies tha monopalise the medical market and how people can be ethically treated . Thanks again for your advise, L.G
    Just as a matter of interest what level of CIN did you have for this procedure , Cryotherapy is used to treat abnormal cervical cells (CIN) by destroying the affected area so that normal cells can grow back in their place. It has a slightly lower success rate than the other treatments for abnormal cervical cells and so it is less commonly used, particularly for CIN3.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Just as a matter of interest what level of CIN did you have for this procedure , Cryotherapy is used to treat abnormal cervical cells (CIN) by destroying the affected area so that normal cells can grow back in their place. It has a slightly lower success rate than the other treatments for abnormal cervical cells and so it is less commonly used, particularly for CIN3.
    I had CIN III and they also called it carcinoma in situ and this was almost 30 years ago......treated with cryosurgery in the doctors office and haven't had a problem since. Don't go thru all that other stuff, all you really need is cryosurgery.....honest. If they're not offering it to you, find another doctor that will. That's how strongly I feel about it.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Cin3 refusing treatment

Quote:
    I had CIN III and they also called it carcinoma in situ and this was almost 30 years ago......treated with cryosurgery in the doctors office and haven't had a problem since. Don't go thru all that other stuff, all you really need is cryosurgery.....honest. If they're not offering it to you, find another doctor that will. That's how strongly I feel about it.
    I honestly don't know why they wouldn't use cryosurgery rather than the lletz or Loop , I will definately try and see if the hospital i'm attending will give me that option, if not i'll try get it done somewhere else, I really appreciate your advise, and will keep you updated, Kindest Regards, L.G

Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    I honestly don't know why they wouldn't use cryosurgery rather than the lletz or Loop , I will definately try and see if the hospital i'm attending will give me that option, if not i'll try get it done somewhere else, I really appreciate your advise, and will keep you updated, Kindest Regards, L.G
    probably because they can bill the insurance more for the leep/loop procedure.....that's my guess....

Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
    Slappy
    (female)

Slappy HB User
    Unhappy Re: Cin3 refusing treatment

Quote:
    probably because they can bill the insurance more for the leep/loop procedure.....that's my guess....
    It all boils down to money in the end , Sad situation .

Closed Thread