It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Ulnar Nerve Transposition

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
    RustyHinge
    (male)

RustyHinge HB User
    Question Ulnar Nerve Transposition

I wasn't told about the recovery time in some cases. I had my surgery as my right arm was numb and an EMG indicated it was hour glassed. I went 6 months before the surgery was done on November 20th, 2011. Today I'm still off work on short term disability and may loose my job. So 7 weeks now, 2 weeks of physical theapy and I can take the numb, but the hand and two fingers that own the nerve have the shooting pain still. Weather makes a lot of difference. Th cold is worst. I guess just keeping on with the therapy and beer helps with sleep. I don't get any relief from hydrocodone and it makes me sick feeling. When they ask what does it feel like, well OK.... like a locomotive feel on my right hand last two fingers and palm and nobody has pulled it off yet. Somedays it's real tight. I bought a new motorcycle and guitar for Christmas and my fishing, hunting are all on hold. I work contract engineering and short term disability pays 60% of my pay LESS taxes so I'm falling deeper in a hole. I came on here knowing this has been posted before but looking for fresh post of you that may have some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm right handed......Blaaah. The only hope and things I see that what makes me feel better or man up about me are the other people in therapy that have a lot worst rehab and facial expressions than I have. So let me have it folks. I pray for me and all of you in any pain. Steve from Baytown, TX OUCH! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and Swamp People and Pawn Stars is getting realllll old. You think they should do another EMG to see if the pinch is still pinched? God Bless you in Pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
    RustyHinge
    (male)

RustyHinge HB User
    Re: Ulnar Nerve Transposition

BTW, I used the doctor that caters to our local Texans, Astro's and Rockets sports stars. Seems like today trying to get a call to the doctor is PRESS 1 for this up to press 0 to leave a message. They run you through an appointment like cattle to be processed. Our new SYSTEM. I want to talk to a human. So here I am. Leave your names and I'll add to to my prayer list every single night. I promise that.

Last edited by RustyHinge; 01-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
    airskypony
    (male)

airskypony HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RustyHinge View Post
    BTW, I used the doctor that caters to our local Texans, Astro's and Rockets sports stars. Seems like today trying to get a call to the doctor is PRESS 1 for this up to press 0 to leave a message. They run you through an appointment like cattle to be processed. Our new SYSTEM. I want to talk to a human. So here I am. Leave your names and I'll add to to my prayer list every single night. I promise that.
    It's been ten years since I last attended physical theray for my CTS release, but back then, there were tons of folks in therapy who had the Ulnar Nerve surgery and NONE of them were considered successful. Each one had residual complications, and most of them had wished they had forgone having the surgery done.

My doc would not do that surgery, as he felt the risks were much worse that the results. Good luck, and I pray you keep your job. BTW - If I were you, I'd have a workers comp attorney lined up to protect your interests.

In Cali, these attorneys can't charge you until the case is settled, and they can only take up to 15% of your settlement. They are worth every penny, as you don't need this stress on top of trying to heal.

Pastor Paul

Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
    RustyHinge
    (male)

RustyHinge HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by airskypony View Post
    It's been ten years since I last attended physical theray for my CTS release, but back then, there were tons of folks in therapy who had the Ulnar Nerve surgery and NONE of them were considered successful. Each one had residual complications, and most of them had wished they had forgone having the surgery done.

My doc would not do that surgery, as he felt the risks were much worse that the results. Good luck, and I pray you keep your job. BTW - If I were you, I'd have a workers comp attorney lined up to protect your interests.

In Cali, these attorneys can't charge you until the case is settled, and they can only take up to 15% of your settlement. They are worth every penny, as you don't need this stress on top of trying to heal.

Pastor Paul
    I'm not money hungry Paul. I plan on posting a success story. I know of the bad ones. Mine was necessary. The alternative was muscle loss and maybe ruin my talents with that in hand. I hope to post a positive results soon. Today they worked me hard today and I swear even though sore in the morning, I have felt things turn back on. Be back later to see if your negative side is true. Thanks Bro.

Last edited by RustyHinge; 01-07-2013 at 08:02 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to RustyHinge:
    airskypony (01-09-2013)
    Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
    airskypony
    (male)

airskypony HB User

What a lot of people, injured on the job, don't realize is that their employer pays for workers comp insurance to protect the company first, the employee, second.

And another thin that the injured worker doesn't realize is that the employer's insurance has doctors, insurance adjusters and attorneys to PROTECT the interest and the bottom line of the company.

The only reason I recommend getting an attorney is to protect the worker's LONG-TERM interests when it comes to an injury.

Most injuries are healed with no further problems, but the majority of injuries have long-term effects, and if an employee settles for only what the company offers [treatment and a small check to cover any inconvenience] later in life the residuals of the injury come back to haunt the employee with problems that take a while to develop, and when they develop, the case is long settled, and the employee must now treat those residual's leftovers without of pocket cash.

It is always wise to have your own doctors, adjusters and lawyers to protect your long-term interests when the work-related injury takes place.

I pray you heal with no future problems, but if it were me, I'd have my own team set up to make sure all the "I's" are dotted, and the "T's" are crossed.

Having a worker's comp attorney on your treatment team does not make you a money hungry employee. It just keeps you on a level playing field with the other side. Believe me. Their adjusters and attorneys have already discussed the short and long term ramification regarding your case, and legally they are going to take the best way out of this injury as they can, as the bottom line is all that matters to your employer.

Injured people are often referred to as TAPs [Throw Away People]. I've been there and done that, and I was only trying to give you a heds up.

Good luck!

Last edited by airskypony; 01-08-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
    RustyHinge
    (male)

RustyHinge HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Ulnar Nerve Transposition

I was a pitcher in high school, a dirt bike racer, then I fished professional on and off up to 2008 and to top that off I shoot a lot of handguns. All of these things combined is what took the nerve out. I shot 750 rounds of 45's last March breaking in 3 new guns. After that day my arm was never the same, I had indeed pinched the nerve or say hour glassed it to stay inflamed 8 months before I got the surgery. This was never work related at all. Being contract we do get the option to have short term and long term disability. Both pay 60% of your normal pay. I have received a few checks and just this week found out they are paying me the remaining $$$$ they owe me. I have been released to go back to work Jan 14th, 2013. That release letter was faxed to my provider and generated the pay. Today's doctors world is like an offensive line blocking the quarterback (the doctor) with those hateful greeting that allow you to press 8 numbers then to find you can only leave a message. Trying to explain to the machine doesn't always sound the same when a human finally gets it and thus the red tape, the hold ups. But I have no reason to get an attorney for something I clearly did away from my work place. For as getting paid on time. They will eventually get it if your willing to stay on hold long enough. My real job title is Sr Projects Estimator. I estimate the cost of chemical and refinery plants and sit behind a desk 98% of my time.

I would still like to hear about anyone that is recovering though. I'm headed to aggressive therapy now and at 56 in Texas it's raining and my hand hurts like all get out. Hope this gets better.

Steve

Closed Thread