It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Endometrail thickening

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
    ren0318
    (female)

ren0318 HB User
    Endometrail thickening

Hello, I'm 44 and have been having some heavy periods the past year or so. I also have had some bleeding in between cycles. So I mentioned this to my PCP in Nov during my yearly physical. He sent me for an ultra sound, when it came back he said "it's most likely normal" however he wanted me to see a GYN to be sure. So I really didn't think much about it. Two weeks ago I went to see the GYN who looked at my ultra sound and said my uterus had a lot of thickening and that he wanted to biopsy.

So Friday I had the biopsy (OUCH), and now here I sit worried. The NP did the biopsy and said "things looked healthy" in there, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

The Dr two weeks ago talked about the EA to help with the heavy periods,however that was before he looked at the ultra sound results and if there's abnormal cells--- right this moment I think I want the whole thing taken out!

I also have had diabetes for 10-12 years (which can also contribute to thickening) and I'm about 60lbs over weight.

Just wondering from those of you that had this "thickening" issue did you end up doing the hysterectomy? Or some other treatment plan?

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to ren0318 For This Useful Post:
    NAE58 (02-05-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
    NAE58
    (female)

NAE58 HB User
    Re: Endometrail thickening

I want to share this with you--I want to thank God for all things, I am still going through but God got this. I went to doctors because I was bleeding alot and lower belly pain, bloating, after getting a D & C. And ultrasound, Biopsy.I was told I had a very thick lining. And the doctor was afraid it may be cancer. My world flashed by me so fast. I felt helpless and alone, scared and although I have love ones. Not even they could comfort me. I prayed to my God because he held my life in his hands. After all tests I was told that I have cancer cells (endometrial). And I am taking meds right now to see if it kills the cells. If not I will have to have a hysterectomy surgery. Either way. I caught the cancer before it could start. Doctor said I DO NOT HAVE CANCER they voiced this to me over and over to make sure i heard them. That i have cancer cells..thank you God. God is good all the time. Please pray that the pills will do it's job.the pills i'm taking is Megestrol Acetate 40mg once a day before meals

Last edited by NAE58; 02-04-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
    NAE58
    (female)

NAE58 HB User
    Smile Re: Endometrail thickening

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NAE58 View Post
    I want to share this with you--I want to thank God for all things, I am still going through but God got this. I went to doctors because I was bleeding alot and lower belly pain, bloating, after getting a D & C. And ultrasound, Biopsy.I was told I had a very thick lining. And the doctor was afraid it may be cancer. My world flashed by me so fast. I felt helpless and alone, scared and although I have love ones. Not even they could comfort me. I prayed to my God because he held my life in his hands. After all tests I was told that I have cancer cells (endometrial). And I am taking meds right now to see if it kills the cells. If not I will have to have a hysterectomy surgery. Either way. I caught the cancer before it could start. Doctor said I DO NOT HAVE CANCER they voiced this to me over and over to make sure i heard them. That i have cancer cells..thank you God. God is good all the time. Please pray that the pills will do it's job. the pills i'm taking is Megestrol Acetate 40mg once a day before meals

Closed Thread