It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

  • Does this sound like MS?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,193
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    An inner vibration in your legs could be any number of things...nothing is specific to MS.....a muscle cramp, caused by anything from overactivity to a vitamin deficiency or magnesium deficiency could cause vibrations....also, fibromyalgia could feel like that....as could a pinched nerve..
    Remember, MS isnt a muscle disorder, but a nerve disorder in the central nervous system...the legs arent part of the central nervous system; however a lesion in the brain COULD affect your legs- usually your gait (walking/ balance) not so much a vibration feeling...

    Nikki
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Oh ok.. It's very light and goes away with walking.. Another thing I'm feeling a bit better with the vitamin d.. I do get this strange feeling in my hands that feel like u have some aunts in your skin, kinda tingly when I open my hand.. Anything to worry about?

     
    Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #33
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Philippines
    Posts: 9,816
    MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Boots,

    It sounds like anxiety and the addition of your vitamin D deficiency.

    __________________
    MS diagnosed since October 3, 1982
    MS onset circa 1977
    Proud to be MED FREE!
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

     
    Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #34
    shahila
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 227
    shahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boots1967 View Post
    Is a low inner vibration in your legs a ms symptom?
    hey.

    unfortunately from what i v read it can be symptoms of many things. and i dont think you and me can find the causes of our symptoms except we can see a proof - shown on a paper that indicates what s happening ( lets say some lesions or hormone or vitamin levels).

    the more i searched the more i got confused. when my doctor are still wondering and in two days change their mind what others can do. i just think of how much time i v already wasted searching in the internet.. some people believe it is better to get the diagnosis earlier. but when i look at the stories of others, it seems there is not much difference. those who get a fast diagnosis are often those who ignored symptoms for a while and then they had nerve damages so the results show up fast. Those who don't ignore similar symptoms might eventually get a diagnosis for whatever. but i think they have gone through a very very difficult time .. to me both are the same.

     
    Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #35
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,193
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Boots, there is nothing here that sounds MS like...however, everything is sounding more and more like anxiety. Did you talk to your doctor about the meds you are on? As we discussed previously, you may be in need of a medication adjustment- this drug you are on, may not be the right one for you, or you might need more of it in order to feel better..I really hope you put a call in to the prescribing doctor and talk to them about it.

    Creepy crawly feelings, vibrations, all of this has been known to be described with vitamin D deficiencies.. you said you are 'feeling alittle bit better with the vitamin D" and Im glad you think you are- but its not likely that your levels have changed at all this quickly. It takes 3-6 months for those levels to straighten out....but nevertheless, if you FEEL better, thats all that is important.

    I really hope you have a good day..
    Nikki
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

     
    Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #36
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Boots, there is nothing here that sounds MS like...however, everything is sounding more and more like anxiety. Did you talk to your doctor about the meds you are on? As we discussed previously, you may be in need of a medication adjustment- this drug you are on, may not be the right one for you, or you might need more of it in order to feel better..I really hope you put a call in to the prescribing doctor and talk to them about it.

    Creepy crawly feelings, vibrations, all of this has been known to be described with vitamin D deficiencies.. you said you are 'feeling alittle bit better with the vitamin D" and Im glad you think you are- but its not likely that your levels have changed at all this quickly. It takes 3-6 months for those levels to straighten out....but nevertheless, if you FEEL better, thats all that is important.

    I really hope you have a good day..
    Nikki
    My doctor questioned me on wanting my vitamin d checked and as I soon as I found out I emailed her and told her that it was low and wanted to get a precription of vitamin d... I didn't pick it up because it was vitamin d2 not d3... I did recearch and learned its better for me to take vitamin d3 10,000 iu daily with magnisium and a multivitamin... Those pills are the only ones I take.

     
    Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #37
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Philippines
    Posts: 9,816
    MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boots1967 View Post
    My doctor questioned me on wanting my vitamin d checked and as I soon as I found out I emailed her and told her that it was low and wanted to get a precription of vitamin d... I didn't pick it up because it was vitamin d2 not d3... I did recearch and learned its better for me to take vitamin d3 10,000 iu daily with magnisium and a multivitamin... Those pills are the only ones I take.
    What your doctor did was to prescribe you a dosage of prescription strength D to bring your system back to normal. Thereafter you take D3 to maintain your system. By deciding that 10,000 iu per day is what you need is incorrect and can be dangerous. You do not know how your body is metabolizing your intake and if it metabolizes rapidly, you can suffer an overdose of vitamin D.


    Your research is not about you and your immediate need. I would encourage you to work with your doctor. I took the prescribed dosages for a 5 week period. Afterwards, based upon my tests, I was placed on 1000 iu/day for maintenance. Others need a different daily dosage, but it is based upon their bodies. Is your doctor aware of the amount of D you are taking?

    Vitamin D toxicity, (hypervitaminosis D), is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body. Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by megadoses of vitamin D supplements not by diet or sun exposure.

    Vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia). You should be aware that symptoms of vitamin D toxicity includes poor appetite, nausea and vomiting, weakness, frequent urination and kidney problems. Treatment is to stop the intake and to be treated with IVs in a hospital.

    FYI, a typical adult needs only 600 iu of D3 per day. If you take more than 600 iu per day, it is recommended that you make your doctor aware of the amounts you are taking.
    __________________
    MS diagnosed since October 3, 1982
    MS onset circa 1977
    Proud to be MED FREE!
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

     
    Old 04-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
    What your doctor did was to prescribe you a dosage of prescription strength D to bring your system back to normal. Thereafter you take D3 to maintain your system. By deciding that 10,000 iu per day is what you need is incorrect and can be dangerous. You do not know how your body is metabolizing your intake and if it metabolizes rapidly, you can suffer an overdose of vitamin D.


    Your research is not about you and your immediate need. I would encourage you to work with your doctor. I took the prescribed dosages for a 5 week period. Afterwards, based upon my tests, I was placed on 1000 iu/day for maintenance. Others need a different daily dosage, but it is based upon their bodies. Is your doctor aware of the amount of D you are taking?

    Vitamin D toxicity, (hypervitaminosis D), is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body. Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by megadoses of vitamin D supplements not by diet or sun exposure.

    Vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia). You should be aware that symptoms of vitamin D toxicity includes poor appetite, nausea and vomiting, weakness, frequent urination and kidney problems. Treatment is to stop the intake and to be treated with IVs in a hospital.

    FYI, a typical adult needs only 600 iu of D3 per day. If you take more than 600 iu per day, it is recommended that you make your doctor aware of the amounts you are taking.
    Ya I told her I was going to take the 10,000iu instead of the 50,000iu a week.. She never responded so I'm guessing its fine.. She did tell me to check my levels at three months but I will in two months.

     
    Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #39
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,193
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Its not fine Boots....somewhere in here, is a communication breakdown. Vitamin D3 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR VITAMIN DEFICIENCY. As Jayhawk said, its used for maintenance....I take 1000 mgs every other day and 1500 mgs every other day BUT I GET MY BLOOD WORK DONE QUARTERLY.

    You cant just ignore the fact that she wanted you to take D2 and substitute it for D3....they are completely different. You really need to call this office back and speak to the doctor about what you are taking before you poison yourself.

    Dont assume "she didnt say anything so it must be alright". THere is a good chance she misunderstood you and thinks you are taking lower dose then she prescribed, but doesnst realize its a differnt type of D......what you are taking, if you take it too long- will make you very sick and then cause liver damage. Please check in with her..

    Nikki
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

     
    Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #40
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Its not fine Boots....somewhere in here, is a communication breakdown. Vitamin D3 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR VITAMIN DEFICIENCY. As Jayhawk said, its used for maintenance....I take 1000 mgs every other day and 1500 mgs every other day BUT I GET MY BLOOD WORK DONE QUARTERLY.

    You cant just ignore the fact that she wanted you to take D2 and substitute it for D3....they are completely different. You really need to call this office back and speak to the doctor about what you are taking before you poison yourself.

    Dont assume "she didnt say anything so it must be alright". THere is a good chance she misunderstood you and thinks you are taking lower dose then she prescribed, but doesnst realize its a differnt type of D......what you are taking, if you take it too long- will make you very sick and then cause liver damage. Please check in with her..

    Nikki
    Reason I took the d3 over the precription is that I spoke to a lot of people who suffered from vitamin d diffencinys and they told me d2 does not work well and is more synthetic and d3 was more natural, that it absorbs it better... I emailed the doctor last night and ws told this morning that it should be fine.. I emailed him back again giving more details about it and ill see what he says.. Hopefully it's not bad, I am feeling a little bit better... Do u think its because maybe it's not the vitamin d and I'm going back out of relapse of ms maybe?... I am taking some other vitamins too so maybe there also helping me, I had never took vitamins before in my life.

    Last edited by Boots1967; 04-18-2013 at 09:11 AM.

     
    Old 04-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #41
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    The left side of my face has started to twitch.

     
    Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #42
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,193
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Vitamin D three, is more like natural sunlight, this is true; however it is NOT used for people who are low in vitamin D, with a deficiency, it is used for maintenance- and used only after the levels are normalized. All of us will recommend taking vitamin D3 here, if your levels are normalized.

    I think the fact that you are feeling better is a placebo effect. Why would I tell you that it could be a MS relapse? No one has suggested you have MS....if you had a MS relapse, you would be having symptoms which I do not even want to mention....so far, your list of symptoms does not equal a MS relapse by any means...

    Twitching in your face, your hands, and all the other places is usually from a vitamin D deficiency.....therefore, the D you are taking is probably not (and it would be almost impossible if it were to "correct itself in under 2 weeks) getting better...again, placebo that you say you are feeling better one minute, but then state that you have a symptom at the same time....anxiety can also make twitching happen.

    Boots I just went through 3 days of my face twitching...my eye, my cheek, most annoying thing in the world....but I also just got a promotion at work have spent the last 4 days working 13 hour days and learning an entirely new responsiblity. I cant say its a MS thing- even though I HAVE MS- its stress and lack of sleep and last night I went to bed and got a full 8.5 hours of sleep and guess what? Today I wake up feeling fine... even those of us who have MS, cant say every little thing is MS... you do not have a MS diagnosis, but you keep looking for everything to be MS related..this, is not healthy for you. I really wish you would call your doctor and talk about your meds...and talk to him/ her about what you are taking....its the best advice I can give you. Something isnt right here.

    Nikki
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

    Last edited by MSNik; 04-19-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: additional infomation

     
    Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #43
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    I'm not taking any anxiety meds... Ya I do understand what your saying... It's so strange because the moment I feel good about myself that everything is going to be better i develope a new symptom... I was really feeling optimistic and then all of a sudden I felt my face start to twitch and right away I felt back into thinking that its ms or parkinsons or something... Ill will stop taking the vitamin d3... People may think I'm going crazy like some of my family but my symptoms are very real, when I speak to doctors they say I'm fine and I shouldn't worry about that stuff because my MRI was normal.. Hopefully I'm totatoly wrong.

     
    Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #44
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,193
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Boots, I apologize. For some reason I thought you were taking an antianxiety med. Forgive me.

    I just read all your posts....this is really weird. YOur doctor did an MRI, but it wasnt an entire MS panel of MRIs- and said you were "fine". You had to ask for blood work and were given a prescription, but you didnt pick it up because you based your decision on vitamin types- the pharmacist should have explained this to you- or called your doctor for you when you questioned/ refused it. One minute you feel better, the next you have classic symptoms of neurological OR vitamin deficiency.

    First of all, with what you are currently taking, there is no way that you could be feeling better - as in your levels are better- that quickly...however, with what you are taking, you could be hurting yourself...so please, get this checked out- more blood work- see where your levels are in comparision to when you started..

    And as far as doctors go- you really need a second opinion with a MS specialist OR with another neurologist....this doctor you saw- didnt run enough tests to be sure of anything. I do NOT think you have MS- too many things are missing from this- BUT, Im not a doctor and Im not witnessing what you are going through.....I hate to tell you this but at this point, I think you need a second opinion.

    Please feel better..
    youre on my mind.
    Nikki
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

     
    Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #45
    Boots1967
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 83
    Boots1967 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like MS?

    Thanks Nikki.

    I just can't afford seeing doctors anymore... I'm at the point as in if I have ms or a autoimmune disorder then I'm just going to see it manifest... Nikki u do help me relax and calm myself... I wish I could just be positive that I don't have it, u having ms did your symptoms resemble mine or does that even matter?

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!