It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• Head presure and full body icy hot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User
    Angry Head presure and full body icy hot

Severe head presure loss of balance numbness head down stinging pain in feet when walking sounds are alterd hissing in ears can't stand the feeling of clothes. Had head and full spine MRi ,everything ok except severe narrowing of l5s1 . Skin biopsy and evoked potential test, are border as with emg. What else is there. To find this problem.also have bowel and bladder problems and difficulty chewing and swallowing, along with shortness of breath. Severe confusion difficulty grasping things. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User
    Angry Re: Head presure and full body icy hot

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SimSims View Post
    Hi have you by any chance taken an antibiotic in the fluoroquinolone class recently ? ,Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin , Avelox (there are more ) .
    No haven't taken any of those, things are so bad even my lips burn, I walk into walls , my feet are ice cold, hard to control my hands and feet, feeling like there not there at times. Nero says there isn't any more tests! I can't get comfort in bed, sheets and clothes feel heavy and like sandpaper , my smell taste hearing and vision is alterd no body taking this seriously. Please anybody have any ideas ? Or heard of this?

Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User
    Re: Head presure and full body icy hot

Yes I have tendon problems and also l5S1 narrowing I have all my medical records it's like a couple of books, I haven't heard of that floro? Now I can't rember, it does sound like neurotoxicity, are you better now? You didn't have defacating problems did you, and so painfull that clothes iratate you?thanks terry

Last edited by moderator2; 04-28-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
    Hi Terlin how are you today ?
    Can you remember when your tendon issues began ,did they start around the time the other symptoms showed up ? , If so Firstly I would suggest you obtain a full list of the fluoroquinolone antibiotics which are on the market , then look back in your medical records to see if you were prescribed any of them around this time and I would suggest looking maybe up to a year previously.

If you have been prescribed any of these drugs and you have had all the tests and everything else has been ruled out then it may be worth broaching the possibility of fluoroquinolone toxicity with your Doctors , however be prepared for them to become defensive and reject this possibility out of hand as most Doctors are completely unaware of how dangerous these drugs are.

It may be worth being tested for Lyme disease , however the testing for lyme is extremely unreliable ,the two step ELIZA test which Drs class as the gold standard is worse than useless , It is not meant to be used for diagnoses it is meant to be used for surveillance purposes only , lyme disease is meant to be a clinical diagnoses,again Drs are often completely unaware of this fact (scary world we live in ! )
    If you decide to go down this route try and get tested via the IGENIX lab .

Tendon problems now and again can show up in lyme disease, however my own stance regarding this is that as fluoroquinolones are sometimes used to treat lyme, I feel the tendon problems may be caused by this fact.

Some of the other symptoms which can arise due to fluoroquinolone toxicity are:

severe and unrelenting fatigue /weakness/ spatial awareness issues.
    Twitching ( fasciculations )
    myoclonus
    Chronic unrelenting insommnia which can go on for years ( I have not slept more than 4 hours a night for coming up to two years now, and nothing seems to work )usually you have problems getting to sleep somewhat resembling a circadian sleep disorder. I usually cannot sleep until 3am and I will be awake again by around 6.30am .
    vision problems.usually a vast increase in floaters these are usually permanent,
    pain on moving your eyes, ghost images.
    strange photophobia type issues ,I have to wear sunglasses indoors at night to watch tv weird or what !.
    various cognitive issues ,brain fog ,executive function issues.
    peripheral neuropathy is very common and myself i believe this is a class effect of all the fluoroquinolones .(as your skin punch biopsy is borderline it may be an idea to have this repeated in a few months time ) .
    there are many many more symptoms .
    you usually feel as if you have had a bomb go off inside you.

I do experience the sore very tender skin and often clothes really bother me ,there are times when i can't even bear a sheet on me in bed .
    hugging people is definitely off limits for now .

Do you experience any of these other symptoms ?

Please keep an open mind as to what could be causing your symptoms ,as I am not medically trained,and obviously unable to diagnose anyone with anything . my views and opinions regarding the above are mine and mine alone .
    Thanks I had that test you mentioned for Lyme and I was on cipro just before my hernia surgery with mesh. A month later I started have incomplete bowel issues with painfull abdomin above incisions. Docs said I had a non relaxing anal sphincter. So I went through bowel retraining with biofeedback things gut worse. At that same time the pain I had in my feet progressively got worse spreading up the legs , and now head face arms and hand.then this head presure and strange hissing in ears that alters sounds for instance silverware hitting plate is very iratating and loud voices the same. I feel like I'm falling when walking and body feels heavy and weak. Eyes get filmy and very sensitive to air temp can never get comfortable. Lost spelling ability as you might see and memory problems like a second ago what I just did. No concentration. Dr. Drs call it anxiety I know it's more than that. I see if I can get another Lyme test like you mentioned. Just like to get some life back thanks

Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #5
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
    cipro is what did me in, and id been given levaquin and norfloxacin in the past,there is a theory that a lot of people with the so called invisible illnesses i.e. fibromyalgia ,M,E,chronic fatigue etc and many of the autoimmune conditions are actually fluoroquinolone toxicity in disguise The so called gulf war syndrome is also thought by many to be caused by these drugs as although the military were not told what they had been given on a prophylactic basis anthrax was something that they were concerned about and cipro was the drug of choice for this at the time , it doesn't take a genius to work that one out just need to join the dots.

Time is the only thing that maybe will improve some of the symptoms of fluoroquinolone toxicity you need patience and more patience and yet MORE PATIENCE ! It all depends on how hard you have been hit some people recover some people get somewhat better and others their lives will never be the same again . If you want to look into fluoroquinolone toxicity in depth and I found it very useful there is a rather long but extremely informative article known as"the flox report" It has everything in one place and will save you countless hours trawling the web
    Did you. Have bowl and bladder problems and I have this sucking in feeling can't cough up flem and food seems to suck to the back of thoat. I have difficulty with movements like my mind tells me but I can't throat also tightens

Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
    I have bladder problems retention , UTI 's constantly It can affect vitally every organ in your body in all sorts of strange ways . the inability to control movements is very common with me i could"t tell how fast i was walking or change direction quickly so was constantly bumping into people doorways walls you name it I've bumped into it . also I find I can walk properly almost feels like robotic walk all stiff no flow ! people often asked if I was drunk I can't drink Cipro saw to that ) can you still drink coffee usually you can't once you have been floxed and most people have a strong aversion to soy It makes symptoms much worse fish oils also seem to do that too .

Once you have been hit by these drugs you must make sure you are NEVER given antibiotics from that class again or you could end up totally disabled . There are a lot of people who are now in wheelchairs of even bed bound for years . have you had a chance to look at the flox report yet I'd be interested to hear what you think .
    No body believes me whole body nerve pain head presure hard to swallow and a sucking in feeling or like my throat is closing . Body snaps and crackels numbnes in groin no urge to defacate or urinate can't sit terrible groin and abdominal pain eyes go out of focus and or dim no control hardly of body movents they all say anxiety but this can't cause all this. Loosing my mind lieraly what can this be

Old 05-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
    lockedneckmnstr
    (male)

lockedneckmnstr HB User

Are these meds that you might have been prescribed while having surgery? I have the same and increasing nerve pain, burning feet - was in a MVA a year a go and have severe lumber rupture S1-L5 as well as cervical herniations. I had shoulder surgery and my bicep tendon mysteriously ruptured a month later. How do you find out what you are given in OR. I am on different meds now that are muscle relaxants and pain meds

I have had a couple MRI's that used floroscopy? as it was called is this the same thing

Last edited by lockedneckmnstr; 05-06-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Terlin, I just responded to another post of yours. You can get such severe spinal stenosis that the spinal cord is compressed and the flow of cerebral spinal fluid is blocked causing fluid pressure in the ventricles of brain and all kinds of neuro symptoms. You need to get an MRI of spine and possibly head. This is serious stuff you are having. I hope you are not relying on this board for answers. You need a good neurosurgeon/neurologist. The longer you wait the increased chance of permanent damage to your spinal cord and possibly brain if CSF pressure is elevated. Please see a Dr. immediately, or go to ER if you think no one will believe you.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
    Terlin, I just responded to another post of yours. You can get such severe spinal stenosis that the spinal cord is compressed and the flow of cerebral spinal fluid is blocked causing fluid pressure in the ventricles of brain and all kinds of neuro symptoms. You need to get an MRI of spine and possibly head. This is serious stuff you are having. I hope you are not relying on this board for answers. You need a good neurosurgeon/neurologist. The longer you wait the increased chance of permanent damage to your spinal cord and possibly brain if CSF pressure is elevated. Please see a Dr. immediately, or go to ER if you think no one will believe you.
    Had my MRI of head and total spine nothing but some nasal problem and severe narrowing of the spinal colum at l5s1 docs say it has nothing to do with my upper numbness and other problems

Closed Thread