It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Terrified Post Lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
    snowwhite0214
    (female)

snowwhite0214 HB User
    Terrified Post Lasik

I had LASIK surgery on Tuesday of this week and it's Friday and I have very blurry vision. I am using the drops as prescribed and refresh drops every 15 minutes. I have moments of almost clear vision and then it goes back to super blurry. I know part of this is dry eyes...they feel like sandpaper but I'm really scared I made a huge mistake and my vision is not going to stablize. Am I being paranoid? Should I be worried? I had a follow up on Wednesday and the physician said everything looked good...said the blurry vision was because my eyes were so dry.

I feel like I'm looking through vaseline or something in my eyes.

Has anyone else had this happen? Per everything I've read I'm very early in the healing stage but this is very frustrating and scary.

Any thoughts? Words of wisdom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
    Joeey09
    (male)

Joeey09 HB User
    Re: Terrified Post Lasik

Nothing like this happened to me and i hope it won't start now but keep calm and it should go back to normal within a few days make sure you put in your drops and dont get any water in your eyes and don't rub them.

Last edited by Joeey09; 09-13-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
    Katia13
    (female)

Katia13 HB User
    Cool Re: Terrified Post Lasik

First off I joined this board specifically to let people know about my experience with lasik so I hope my input helps. I had lasik and an enhancement. I had a slow healing process and would search the internet endlessly for answers. Peope I know that had lasik would say they were perfect the next day and it scared the hell out of me. That being said, Lasik thus far post enhancement 3 months, was the best thing I ever did! My vision had a severe astigmatism (a full 4. left eye). It took forever for me to heal the first time. My eyes were dry needing constant drops and uncomfy. My vision was blurry for an entire month the first time. Don't panic everyone is different and it literally takes months to heal properly. The doc did an enhancement because I still had a 1.50 astigmatism 3 months ago and that healing process was quicker, but still drove me crazy! I was so worried, even over a month after I was still uncomfortable. (1st time)

It drove me insane when the doctor would say, "Wait and see". So give it time and it wasn't what I expected. On tv they would show someone a day after lasik putting on mascara and being perfect the next day. That isn't how it went with me. I could not drive for 2 weeks. I had halos and ghosting which subsided after a month. Now I'm glad I did it. It was a lot of pain and suffering, but in the end it was completely worth it. I'm not a doctor and it may annoy you, but it is true that you need to give it time. In the end it will be more than likely well worth it and you will forget all the discomfort and be happy you did it. Everyone does heal different at any age. I 'm 29 years old and I was such a slow healer. One thing that helped me with my dry eye was flaxseed oil pills. Somehow they internally moistened my eyes by ingesting them. Best wishes.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
    Katia13
    (female)

Katia13 HB User
    Talking Re: Terrified Post Lasik

Hi there, I'm responding because I scoured the internet in desperation for answers with my lasik experience. I had -4.75 with a 4.0 astigmatism and -2.75 right eye. I had lasik and an enhancement procedure six months later. In the end my surgery was a success and worth all the aggravation from long healing processes. I am 29 years old. I was confused and worried as I wasn't instantly perfect the next week. I took a very long time to heal, which surprised me because I thought I am usually a quick healer in regards to everything else. Don't panick. I had halos for a month post lasik. I couldn't drive and my eyes were super sensitive to light. I also had the suction marks which took about 6 weeks to go away if not 8 weeks. Dry eyes were about 6-8 months. It was very annoying as my friends that had it done seemed to have instant gratification and I was concerned there was something wrong! I ended up after the first procedure having good vision to the point where I did not need glasses. However the astigmatism was brought down to only a 2.0 which disturbed me. Therefore 6 months later I took the doc up on the enhancement for free. I am so glad I did it! I love my vision now and did not even know you could see this great! Hang in there and try not to compare yourself to other people like I did or the tv shows that show people perfect the next day or next week. Keep those drops coming. I'm no doc but I drove myself nuts with worry and I wish I could go back in time and let myself know it was all VERY VERY WORTH IT! I think you will be fine. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lasik eye surgery