It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• I'm no longer anemic!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
    Erik2K13
    (male)

Erik2K13 HB User
    I'm no longer anemic!

I went in for my 3 month blood work today. I knew I was feeling better -- a lot better, in fact. I've been taking an iron supplement (Vitron-C) twice a day since July. Lately I've been regularly surpassing my best running time. I can run faster now than I ever could before. I knew there had been some sort of change for the better.

My CBC today showed my hematocrit has increased a whooping 11.5% in the past 3 months -- from 34% then to 45.5% today. My hemoglobin has increased from 10.6 g/dl then to 15.4 today. My MCV has increased from 75.6 then to 89.1 today.

I'm really ecstatic. I haven't spoken to my doctors yet since I viewed the results online. It would seem I was merely iron deficient, which is very unusual for a western male. I maintain it had something to do with my running 52 miles a week. My doctors were originally skeptical of that claim, but we'll see what they say now.

Bottom line -- No more anemia! Woohoo!

The original thread discussing my condition can be found here:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anemia/957683-i-have-iron-deficiency-anemia-what-causing.html

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
    Smargie
    (female)

Smargie HB User
    Re: I'm no longer anemic!

That is excellent news! Congratulations, Erik! And many thanks for all of the helpful info you have posted to others' threads. Wishing you continued good health...

Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
    Klbfm
    (female)

Klbfm HB User
    Re: I'm no longer anemic!

I had my first iron infusion today.. My ferritin was a 1. I am also a runner. I was told not to run at all because running damages your red blood cells. I went from running half marathons to I couldn't get a full mile in without slowing down because of my heart and my breathing.

Your post gave me so much excitement! I'm very happy for you!

Closed Thread