It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Very low ferritin, but normal iron in blood.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
    AprilHead
    (male)

AprilHead HB User
    Very low ferritin, but normal iron in blood.

For starters, I want to apologise for my broken english. I'm 19 years old and I had one problem for years. I could never restore myself fully, I was always tired both physically and mentally, couldn't concentrate in school and that really bugged me, because I'm a good student and I wanted to do good in my lessons and exams. Also, my hair started receding slowly in a male pattern shape and I blamed my fathers genes thinking thats the case. However, my father hadn't had his hair starting to fall out before age of 30 I guess and I'm 19 years old and my hair looks like his at age of 40.

So recently, I've heard that all these symptoms could be a case of hidden anemia so I've made a blood test. The results showed that iron in the blood is ok and everything else seems to be good, however I have very low ferritin.. Can anyone enlighten me about my situation, whats my condition, can i restore my hair and lessen fatigue and how do I do it?

Results of blood test:

Iron umol/l 18,00(11 - 28 is the normal value)
    Ferritin ug/l 14,56(30 - 400 is the normal value)

I also have the other things like leukocytes and erythrocytes, but everything else seems to be in the normal range.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-05-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread