It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• dr tapering me from celexa to paxil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #76
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User
    Re: dr tapering me from celexa to paxil

Sorry you feel down, hopefully that will go away. I don't like it either. I'm hoping mine goes away when I get this Lexapro out of my system. Yours should get better on the Prozac. If your anxiety is bad maybe take an Ativan?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #77
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi, Deborah,

I don't like this feeling of being depressed at all, especially at this time of year. I feel like crying. I read that Ativan increases depression and have found it to be true. Can't win.

Last edited by msmod; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #78
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

I'm sure all the benzos cause depression. But I do believe ours is just because of the anxiety/panic is making us feel yucky and we want to be back to our old selves. Not because of the Ativan or Xanax. If you take the Ativan more regularly maybe it will make you feel better and you won't be depressed? I don't know. Talk to your Dr and see what she says. She needs to know you're depressed. I don't like it this time of year either. Vitamin D definitely helps and getting 10-15 mins of sunlight a day boosts Serotonin too. How's the nausea today?

Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #79
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

I'm afraid I'm old school when it comes to modern gadgets. Anyway, I wasn't depressed before June when the Klonopin was working. As time passed I felt depressed because my anxiety was back and I couldn't do the things as I did before. Today is a really depressed day for me. I hope it stops.

How are you feeling with the additional Xanax??

Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #80
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

The same with me. I wasn't depressed at all until this anxiety started back up for 4 weeks back in August. Got pretty severe for a full two weeks after that enough for me to go to my Dr to get back in meds. Now it's been ANOTHER 3 weeks of side effects that sent me into depression the last few days. I think we both feel the same way. I'm praying for both of us everyday that it all comes to a close soon. And I don't feel so alone knowing someone else knows how I feel.
    Maybe your son can help you with your computer stuff? They are good at that. My son
    is.
    Today wasn't so bad. Woke up at 6am, but didn't take my Xanax till 7am. But could not get back to sleep. At least I slept 6 hours with the gabapentin. Then took the Xanax at 12:45pm and was able to have lunch with my friend at work. I was shocked! Then I just took another at 6:30pm. Feels kind of weird taking so much. But my Dr said he's just worried about my severe depression and my condition and won't let me get hooked on the Xanax. He's monitoring me well. So that makes me feel better. He'll eventually replace the Xanax with gabapentin if it works for me. It's a waiting game.
    How are you sleeping at night.. Good? Do you have to take anything to sleep? I think about you a lot.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #81
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

That's amazing that you were able to have lunch with your friend. Congratulations!!!! I haven't been in a restaurant for a very long time it seems. My son does know a lot about computers.

I know what you mean when you say it makes you feel not so alone knowing someone else really knows how you feel. I feel the same about you. You can explain to people how you feel, but if they haven't been there, they just don't know. My pdoc said that I could take the second .5 mg. of Ativan at bedtime with my 1 mg. Klonopin, but I won't do it. Even though the Klonopin isn't working, it's still in my system and is a "central nervous system depresent", as is Ativan. could be dangerous. I'm actually crying right now. I'm sure it's part of the start up of prozac, along with the depression, nausea and anxiety. This stinks!!!!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #82
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Oh no Janice! Wish I could cheer you up! I know it's overwhelming. This is only temporary. Just the journey is longer right now for us. And believe me, I was dry heaving just thinking of going to that restaurant with her today. I did it at the last minute, if it's planned then I have such terrible anticipation anxiety. So I still have to get over that hurdle. I took a Xanax about 15 mins before I met her. Still was anxious and not hungry. But it finally kicked in and I was able to go.
    Now are they weaning you off the Klonopin totally yet and working you onto the Ativan? I would trust your Dr. If she says you can take the Ativan at night, I would take it. It will help the anxiety and in turn help with the depression and nausea. Don't let your fear of the meds get in the way. I want you to feel better. I thought the Xanax was making me depressed but in actuality it was because I wasn't taking it. The benzos help with those racing thoughts too!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #83
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

I don't think that the plan is to totally wean my off the Klonopin and then let me continue to use Ativan. Remember this pdoc doesn't like benzos. She wasn't the prescriber of Klonopin. I originally was on 4 mg. to start with a few years ago but cut myself down to 2 1/2 by cutting 1/4 of 1 mg. per month. That's slow but I didn't want any brain zaps, etc. I had to promise to cut my middle day dose of 1/2 mg. klonopin to 1/4, so that she would let me have the ativan .5 mg. for a month with one refill. I believe that she intends this Ativan to be used only for the transitional period from celexa to prozac. She still believes that I'm on a "hefty" as she puts it, dose of Klonopin. I'd be happy to eventually get down to 1 mg. per day of Klonopin and stay there, only because of the horrible withdrawal effects of coming off completely even though they aren't working. (they're still in my system) and an abrupt stop could cause seizures or worse.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #84
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

You are actually doing a great job handling the meds Janice! I know the change over is hard, but you're surviving. Just remember sometimes we have to just think hour by hour. You're a champ girl!!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #85
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Your confidence in me is much more than I have for myself, but thank you for cheering me on. We'll see how the next few days and weeks go. I so much hate this depression, actually all of it, nausea, anxiety too, it's just too much.

I hope you have a good night.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #86
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

I know it "feels" like too much. But pat yourself on the back for getting through everyday. I am right there with you. I was at my wits end Friday through Monday without one good moment. It was too much. But somehow I managed. Please have a good evening and let me know how you're doing tomorrow. ((Hugs))

Old 11-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #87
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi,

Well, another day has begun. I didn't sleep too well last night, how about you? I don't have nausea yet, hope it and the depression and anxiety stay away. How are you doing so far this morning?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #88
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Are you alright??????

Old 11-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #89
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Hey Janice, I'm good. I was very tired this am. Plus I had a terrible headache. Maybe from the gabapentin. But it was the same dose. I had to go to my primary Dr this am because I came down with a bladder infection. So my girlfriend came over and took me and then went out to lunch. I was still a little anxious and nauseous even on the Xanax but did good. Having some depression only because I'm overthinking all the meds. I need to just stop overthinking it so I don't get depressed about it. I know it's only temporary.
    So sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Did you take any Ativan? I slept till 5:30. Then fell back to sleep till 7:30. So it was interrupted.
    Well I'm glad you don't have any nausea. It's hard not to think about whether you'll get any or not. Believe me I know that. Hopefully it will be a great day for you.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #90
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Just got your message. Sounds like you're doing better. I wish I could say the same. Anxiety through the roof today but no nausea yet. I went out to start my car earlier to go to the post office and mail a letter and my car wouldn't start. That made me even more anxious. I had to call AAA and have them put in a new battery.

I didn't take the ativan before bedtime.

I'm sorry you have a bladder infection. If I may ask, which antibiotic did they put you on?

Closed Thread