It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• dr tapering me from celexa to paxil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #91
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User
    Re: dr tapering me from celexa to paxil

Yes, it sounds like I'm doing better but I'm still in crisis mode, as my counselor just stated. I may be getting out, but somehow I'm still depressed and anxious about it. I'm putting too much pressure on myself to be better and happy every time I take a step outside my box. She said that I need to tell myself that's it's ok to feel this way. I'm in the early stages and it takes baby steps. So I'll tell you the same, it's ok to feel yucky, and depressed and anxious....we are going through a lot with med changes and just take one day at a time.
    So sorry about your car. That would have made me anxious too. Glad it was just the battery and they got it done for you.
    Maybe take the Ativan before bed tonight. I know when I don't sleep the night before I'm a bit of a mess the next day too. So glad you don't have nausea! Jealous! If I have anxiety my first symptom is nausea. So that's a plus for you!
    Well, so far I haven't heard from the Dr. So no medication yet. It's way past the hour that they closed. So now I don't know what to do. I haven't had pain today like I did last night and I haven't had to take anything over the counter today. So I'm not sure what's going on.
    How much sleep do you usually get a night? Do you wake up a lot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #92
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi,

Your counselor sounds like a wise person. I have a very nice one too. Baby steps is really the only thing that we CAN do, or try to do.
    I'm happy that it was just the battery too in my car. The man checked the alternator on his machine and said it was alright.
    I usually get about 7 hours of sleep per night, never more, sometimes less. Once my eyes are open, the mind starts going and there's no turning over and getting back to sleep. Also, it takes awhile to get to sleep, you know those worrisome thoughts that won't leave your head for awhle.

When taking over the counter meds, please make sure to tell a pharmacist what meds you're on. It really is important because some just don't mix well.

The reason why I asked what antibiotic you were given is that Cipro and the family of antibiotics that Cipro is in can really screw up psychiatric meds.

Also Cipro is well known for ruining people's lives for a long time. I don't know why it was never taken off the market. It can also give people spontaneous tendon ruptures many times in the ankle area and elsewhere.
    Check Cipro out on Google and you'll see.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #93
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

That's good that you have a good therapist. That really helps. I just recently had to change to a new one because my last one really wasn't helping me with my anxiety. She was basically just talking and not giving me any steps to take or things to do. So I had a lot of anxiety 3 weeks ago when I made the switch, but ultimately it was the best thing I did.
    That's nice you get 7 hours. Is that with no meds? I get about 5-6 hours. Usually once my eyes open, I'm like you, mind starts racing and there's no turning back. It's rough. But this morning I woke up at 5:30am and actually went back to sleep till 7:30am. Maybe the gabapentin is helping?
    Typically they do put me on Cipro for a bladder infection. But it's been years since I had one. I was on Zoloft at that time. I've been on it before but never while on Xanax. So who knows what they'll call me in.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #94
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi Deborah,

I soooo hope if they prescribe Cipro, that you refuse to take it. Seriously, do Google it and find out about it. It is certainly one nasty antibiotic. The cure is worse than the ailment.

I take my Klonopin at night, which does nothing, but I need to take it until I am able to wean down a bit more. I've heard that Klonopin is one of, if not the worst benzo to come off of.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #95
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

A better idea is to type into google "The truth about Cipro" It's really NOT something that you want to take.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #96
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Well, I think your Dr will wean you down very slowly with the Klonopin so you should be ok. If it isn't doing anything anymore it seems as though it would be easier to come off of.
    So far I'm not having any pain associated with the bladder infection. I didn't yesterday and so far nothing today. So I'm not sure what was going on Tuesday that was so painful, unless I was just dehydrated. Who knows. I'll call my Dr today to see what preliminary tests showed.
    How are you felling today?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #97
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi,

I'm glad that you're feeling better from the bladder infection. Did you google in "The truth about cipro"?
    Unfortunately from what I've read, it doesn't matter if the Klonopin stopped working or not, the withdrawal effects are the same.

Today I'm feeling a bit down. Please let me know what your doc says about your bladder infection.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #98
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

I haven't googled Cipro. I'm afraid to read about it. I don't want to get anxious. I called the Dr and told her I wasn't having anymore pain but she said she was going to check the preliminary results. It was sent off for a culture. Maybe I was so dehydrated that I was just irritated and it felt like a bladder infection? Not sure.
    Sorry you feel down today. Just know those are normal feelings to have when your brain is going through so many changes with meds. It's trying to adjust to new stuff and getting rid of old stuff too.
    Well your Dr knows how to wean you off of Klonopin without giving you side effects. It will be a slow process. Trust her. Once you're regulated on a Prozac your brain chemistry will be better anyway. So it will all be easier. But just think about today, no future stuff.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #99
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

How are you feeling today with your anxiety? Did you get much sleep? Perhaps you were just dehydrated, I hope. How are you doing with the increased Xanax and gabapentin?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #100
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Today I woke up a little anxious. But I only took one Xanax instead of 2 before bed because last night was the increase in gabapentin from 100 mg to 200 mg. I did sleep for 7 hours though. I seem to be doing ok on the Xanax 3 times a day. In the morning I'm still anxious after I take it though. But mornings are always a little rough. I don't mind a little anxiety, just not when it starts to makes me nauseous. Today is my last day of taking Lexapro too.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #101
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

WoW! Congratulations on being just about Lexapro FREE. So the gabapentin seems to be working for you, that's good. I wish it had for me, as I said it did for a few days then, no.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #102
    Janice906
    (female)

Janice906 HB User

Hi Deborah,

I really need some words of encouragement today. Very depressed and nauseous. Yesterday wasn't as bad, but today is horrible. Seems like a roller coaster ride of physical and mental emotions. HELP I've been crying on and off all day. I feel so alone.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #103
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Oh gosh Janice. I wish I got this message earlier so I could have helped you. I was anxious all morning too! Even with my Xanax.
    It's ok the things you're feeling. I felt the same way going up and down on the Lexapro. Your brain is still trying to get balanced and one day you'll feel good then one day not so good. So keep your chin up! Remember don't be too hard on yourself. Do you know what made you sad? Did you have a bad thought? I know about feeling alone. It is very hard. This weekend my son will be at a friends house and I'm trying not to think about it. Wish I could be there to cheer you up. Just don't forget, this is only temporary?
    Just a question, how long were you on a Celexa before it stopped working ?

Old 11-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #104
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Does going for walks help clear your head at all? Or listening to some calming music? The nausea is probably just from the anxiety. That should go away. Prozac should even you out soon. Just keep telling yourself that.
    Do you have any girlfriends who can stop by or you can call?

Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #105
    Deborah6021
    (female)

Deborah6021 HB User

Janice are you ok?

Closed Thread