It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Do I have leukaemia ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
    Suzyp123
    (female)

Suzyp123 HB User
    Do I have leukaemia ?

I have had problems with pain in my right hip and thigh for over a year now. My GP did some blood tests with showed a high raised white blood count. Several blood tests and six months later and my raised eosinophils count is not going down . I have had a chest X-ray which came back normal. And two stool samples also were normal. I don't suffer from asthma or skin conditions which I've read can cause raised eosinophils. I have recently been referred to a haematologist at the hospital where they have done a further chest X-ray, an X-ray of my hip and I'm due to have an ECG on my heart.
    Last week at the hospital the doctor tried to take a bone marrow biopsy but couldn't find my bone so was unable to do this. She said she would arrange to do this with a radiographer. Yesterday I received an appointment to have an abdominal, renal and gynaecological ultrasound which is in three weeks time.
    I feel constantly tired and can fall asleep for a couple of hours just when I sit down in a chair. I have the pain in my hip, pelvis and thigh described above and have suffered from IBS for years which is increasing getting worse and I seem to have constant diarrhoea
    . Silly I know but I have been googling all these things and have convinced myself I have leukaemia.
    I am now worrying myself silly about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
    Jabocs
    (female)

Jabocs HB User
    Re: Do I have leukaemia ?

Hey Suzyp123,
    Hang in there. I have no idea if you have leukemia, and Iím scared to say anything definitive. Iíll definitely keep you in my thoughts. Good luck either way. I know you said your next appointment is in three weeks time, right? Try not to psych yourself out and hope for the best. I feel like having a doctorís opinion will definitely help.

GOOD LUCK! Hoping for the best. keep us posted

Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User
    Re: Do I have leukaemia ?

Hi there did they find anything?

Closed Thread