It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

  • Near vision Much worse after LASIK

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #31
    Curtis2005
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Curtis2005's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2014
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1
    Curtis2005 HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    I am 50 I just had Lasik on 5/2/2014..I lobe the fact that my distance vision is great however I cant see up close at all everything 3' ahead of me is blurry. My keyboard , monitor cant see at all cooking doing a simple task with a screwdriver cant see the screw head. My doctor never told me this would happen he kept saying I would need cheaters to read I am using +1.25 now however I need to be 2+' away to see anything cant use ipad or smartphone..I hope this will get a little better. I rather see up close I sit at a desk all day and do paper work my first day pack to work after the weekend was a nightmare

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #32
    lone airedale
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    lone airedale's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Posts: 4
    lone airedale HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curtis2005 View Post
    I am 50 I just had Lasik on 5/2/2014..I lobe the fact that my distance vision is great however I cant see up close at all everything 3' ahead of me is blurry. My keyboard , monitor cant see at all cooking doing a simple task with a screwdriver cant see the screw head. My doctor never told me this would happen he kept saying I would need cheaters to read I am using +1.25 now however I need to be 2+' away to see anything cant use ipad or smartphone..I hope this will get a little better. I rather see up close I sit at a desk all day and do paper work my first day pack to work after the weekend was a nightmare
    Same here. I'm two weeks out. "You'll need reading glasses" the Dr. said. I took that to mean for things like, oh, I don't know. READING? I'm blurry out to about 8 feet. I think it's getting a bit better, but it's a huge change from 30 years of blind-as-a-bat distance vision and taking my glasses off and having great close-up vision.

    Plus my left eye is a bit blurry at all distances. At my one week follow up the doc says it's astigmatism. What? I didn't have astigmatism before the procedure. Apparently I'll probably need a touch up in 6 months, but in the meantime it's driving me nuts. I'm not a happy camper.

     
    Old 05-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #33
    deerhuntingal
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Boise
    Posts: 33
    deerhuntingal HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lone airedale View Post
    Same here. I'm two weeks out. "You'll need reading glasses" the Dr. said. I took that to mean for things like, oh, I don't know. READING? I'm blurry out to about 8 feet. I think it's getting a bit better, but it's a huge change from 30 years of blind-as-a-bat distance vision and taking my glasses off and having great close-up vision.

    Plus my left eye is a bit blurry at all distances. At my one week follow up the doc says it's astigmatism. What? I didn't have astigmatism before the procedure. Apparently I'll probably need a touch up in 6 months, but in the meantime it's driving me nuts. I'm not a happy camper.
    I' just like you too! Funny how a lot of us never knew it would be this way but now we deal with it the best we can and keep positive if possible. My readers are blurry for things like splinter removal and since one eye has astigmatism and a little better up close vision, it is hard to adjust. My readers work for one eye and sort of for the other......I'm 3 months post op and go in next week to the Dr. I hope to get answers...Good luck to all of you dealing with this issue that us older crowd see to be going through. I'm 47 by the way..

     
    Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #34
    lone airedale
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    lone airedale's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Posts: 4
    lone airedale HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deerhuntingal View Post
    I' just like you too! Funny how a lot of us never knew it would be this way but now we deal with it the best we can and keep positive if possible. My readers are blurry for things like splinter removal and since one eye has astigmatism and a little better up close vision, it is hard to adjust. My readers work for one eye and sort of for the other......I'm 3 months post op and go in next week to the Dr. I hope to get answers...Good luck to all of you dealing with this issue that us older crowd see to be going through. I'm 47 by the way..
    I'm 48. And yeah, my readers are driving me nuts (I use a computer all day at work). I'm only seeing through one eye. If I have to wait 6 months for an enhancement, I'm going to need some prescription readers for sure.

     
    Old 05-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
    deerhuntingal
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Boise
    Posts: 33
    deerhuntingal HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lone airedale View Post
    I'm 48. And yeah, my readers are driving me nuts (I use a computer all day at work). I'm only seeing through one eye. If I have to wait 6 months for an enhancement, I'm going to need some prescription readers for sure.
    I have heard of some getting an enhancement @ 3 months but I believe it is the Dr.'s choice as dryness can effect vision as well so they like to make sure the dry eye is gone or at least diminished a lot. If you have not dry eye, maybe you are a candidate sooner. Hard to say. I stare at a computer all day too and it takes it's toll for sure on dry and tired lasik eyes! I have a lot more fluctuations it seems due to that one fact.

     
    Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #36
    lone airedale
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    lone airedale's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Posts: 4
    lone airedale HB User
    Re: Close up vision significantly worse after LASIK

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deerhuntingal View Post
    I have heard of some getting an enhancement @ 3 months but I believe it is the Dr.'s choice as dryness can effect vision as well so they like to make sure the dry eye is gone or at least diminished a lot. If you have not dry eye, maybe you are a candidate sooner. Hard to say. I stare at a computer all day too and it takes it's toll for sure on dry and tired lasik eyes! I have a lot more fluctuations it seems due to that one fact.
    Thanks for your reply deerhuntingal. I try to focus on the positive. The dryness is tolerable and getting better. My right eye is tack sharp, better than it ever was with glasses (and thankfully that's my dominant eye). If I'm outside where the light is good and I'm mostly using my distance vision my left eye doesn't bother me too much. I have my next appointment with the doc next Tuesday so we'll see what she says then.

     
    Old 04-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #37
    deerhuntingal
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Boise
    Posts: 33
    deerhuntingal HB User
    Re: Near vision Much worse after LASIK

    Yes, I'm a firm beleiver in no enhancements. I chose not to as I was warned things could get worse so I live with the 20/30 in my left eye. I have prescription sunglasses for that fine, clear vision but mostly, I don't use any.

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!