It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Internal tremors, anxiety, and feel ignited on the insides

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
    MatthewOnline
    (male)

MatthewOnline HB User
    Internal tremors, anxiety, and feel ignited on the insides

First, I'll disclose that I've been to an M.D. for an exam. Second, I'll tell you that he feels it's anxiety-related; which I don't disagree with. However, I feel as though there is more to the story and he's not fully correlating all of what I'm telling him.

About 3 1/2 years ago, I did a very fast taper from 0.5 mg of daily Klonopin. It was traumatic and a prolonged withdrawal. Hospitalized (self-admission, ambulatory) a few times for palpitations, tachycardia, chills, and so forth during the worst of it. Those near-term withdrawal symptoms are gone, but I'm left with some bizarre symptoms and a lack of definitive answers.

For the past year, I feel like I'm partially back in acute withdrawal -- except the palpitations and crippling anxiety aren't there 24x7. And I get these windows where I feel fine for several days, and then I'm back into this awful feeling.

I vibrate internally, my hands have fine tremors, and I feel as though electric shocks are going through my core body deep within. I have problems with slow heart and then fast heart rate. After I eat, I will always get a heart rate that goes from 60 (normal for me) up to 95-100. My BP increases dramatically - more than I would think just for eating. When I sleep, I wake up most night several times and feel like I'm vibrating again. I've got this tension I can't shake.

I've been to an allergist and I seemingly have food allergies, but I do try to avoid those foods.

I *rarely* get headaches. I try to eat properly. I do consume coffee and some sweets. I am height-weight proportionate. My thyroid is apparently fine. I've been tested for carcinoid and pheochromocytoma -- negative. I do have BP swings, but no long-term effects of hypertension are noticeable -- especially in my eyes.

B vitamins really drive my anxiety up. So does vitamin D. Other vitamins do not have this effect. (I've stopped taking supplements anyway, since I've read they supposedly do more harm than good.)

I'm just worn out from having these extended periods of feeling awful with no clue. I'm reluctant to accept things like Lyme disease, heavy metals, or food issues. But I'm willing to accept a diagnosis of anxiety if it truly is. I just don't feel as though it's that simple. Maybe it's PTSD from my benzo withdrawal? Nevertheless, the reactions I get to foods are what really puzzle me. Perhaps this is all food-related?

Nevertheless, if I can provide more information to clarify anything, I'd be happy to.

Maybe all I need is reassurance. But it's important to understand that I'm not out seeking a disease to fit symptoms that I'm imagining. (So says every other person on the Internet researching why they feel bad.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
    harmony684
    (female)

harmony684 HB User
    Re: Internal tremors, anxiety, and feel ignited on the insides

Hi, I just joined this site after looking up symptoms that mirror your own. I have struggled with these problems for over 5 years, and feel drained from trying to figure out if my symptoms are ALL 'just anxiety'....When I read your comments I felt like you were writing my story.
    I don't know why so many of us have symptoms you've described, but seems we are not alone. I've researched a number of sites that discuss this and am always saddened to find just how many people are truly suffering with such 'physical' symptoms that doctors cannot explain.
    "Anxiety' is incredibly debilitating, as you well know. I personally hate taking medication just to get through it, but I have had to accept that sometimes I just have to...or suffer the urge to want to go to the ER just to be sure I'm not dying.
    I understand the agitation that comes with B and D vitamins too.....I am terribly low on vitamin D now, but when I take it I feel like I'm going through the roof. I have studied the effects of vitamins and have realized that you MUST correct the deficiencies very slowly. Also, vitamin D has to be balanced with Magnesium or the feeling of agitation will be even worse from what I've been told...(so far I'm trying to get up my nerve to try it again, with a supplement that includes a lower dose of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D). I try to find natural food sources to correct these.

I wonder if you have ever had a chemical work-up done to see if your vitamin/mineral levels are terribly low? Doctors will do so many tests, but deficiencies of this nature are often overlooked. I understand the hesitation to want to take pills of any kind because I have been there, and I still decline most of what the doctors have tried to send me home with, using their best guess at something that 'might help'.
    I can also relate to the internal vibrating.....I just woke up with it, in fact. I can also relate to my heart rate jumping after I eat, especially if I eat a heavy meal. I have a friend with a similar problem who suggested that my vegus nerve may be sensitive and even though there are doctors who will not agree, seems after researching there are a number of people who have this reaction.

Anyway, sorry for such a rambling reply, but after waking up with this trembling and heart racing so fast I can hear it in my ears, I once again sat down to see what other people have to say, and I found your post.
    To conclude, I would hope you have a chance to get your chemical profile done that is more complete that just a typical CBC...which means you would probably need to be referred to an endocrinologist. If you can find a doctor that can rule out vagus nerve disorder, that might help, and I plan on doing that in just a couple of weeks myself. Last, if still nothing adds up, it seems many of us are going to have to deal with what gets labeled as GAD...generalized anxiety disorder with occasional panic attacks.....and I personally struggle with trying to believe that is a good enough explanation for such incredibly bad physical symptoms.... I wish you good luck....and hope to see you comment again with something, anything, that has helped you, so the rest of us can possibly learn from it.....

Last edited by Administrator; 06-26-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, electric, tension, tremor, vibration