It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Possible meniscus tear?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
    Ashpa82
    (female)

Ashpa82 HB User
    Possible meniscus tear?

My knee was checked for arthritis that was clear,I haven't went back for check up since the xray looked fine. I rescheduled for later this month I think torn meniscus which you cant see on xray might be the next thing they will look into. Last year I had a big pop in that knee that followed by pain a few days..it got better and then off and on I have clicking,stiffneess,popping,pain with straightening my leg and at times it feels swallen on the inner part of my left knee on side and up top alittle on right side. I carried my 46pd kid up the steps the other night..like 30 of them and that followed with a ton of pain and what felt like swelling..but to me it didn't look alot bigger than other knee. I am having pain off and on again to where it bothers me..yesterday it started again and all last night. Sitting indian style and then getting up I will have pain at times also..bending knee to get up at times I get cracking popping and pain..I have had my knee go out on me going up and down the steps a few times. Its not every day since this but periods of times its fine and then others I will have week of pain cracking popping inflamed feeling. What was your experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
    nate56
    (male)

nate56 HB User
    Re: Possible meniscus tear?

i had both knees [under the kneecap] cleaned out 2 times over 20 years. couldnt bend,squat,lift heavy things. finally in 2011 & 2012 had them replaced. found out they were 100 % arthritic. so much better now

Reply Reply