It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• My fiance is on drugs

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-03-2015, 02:49 AM   #1
    precious1950
    (female)

precious1950 HB User
    Red face My fiance is on drugs

My boyfriend and I have been together for two yrs. now. When we meet he told me that he used but not often and that he would stop. Of course I believed him. After a couple months he started accusing me of cheating, saying he saw me around the corner with someone. I couldn't go to the grocery store without him calling me every five mins. and if I didn't answer my phone he would swear I was with someone. I started noticing white stuff on the rim of his nose a lot. Each time I confronted him he would say his nose was running. I broke up with him right before thanksgiving and took him back because he got baptized and said he had stopped using. He is lying more and hiding drinks and drugs now. I am feed up!!!! I am not working and need the income he brings in to pay for my meds. Pls HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2015, 05:29 AM   #2
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: My fiance is on drugs

First of all, I wonder how a man into drinks and drugs can ever keep a decent job. If he doesn't stop, he can lose it at any moment. I am afraid he really needs to go to rehab. The problem is: will he accept it? is he aware that he has a serious problem?

As for your relationship with him, you don't mention feelings (love, affection), except suspicions and jealousy from him, which may be due to his addiction.

My impression is that this relationship is not good for you. You are staying with him just because of the money he brings in? Are you unable to work because of your condition?

If you feel that this relationship can be salvaged, give him the ultimatum: if you don't go to rehab, we are over. While he is under treatment, give him the support he may need, and when he is cured, give yourselves another chance.

If you feel this relationship is doomed, then please break up and find another option for your own survival. There must be one...

Last edited by pendulum; 01-03-2015 at 05:31 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    lenvegas (01-03-2015)
    Old 01-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
    karlee1010
    (female)

karlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB User
    Re: My fiance is on drugs

Hi there. How are you. I just wanted to ask you, So, WHERE is the Love? It seemed you wee speaking of your brother, or something. But, then again, brothers and sisters also have some love in their relationship. I am not sure what else to comment on but, Just what exactly is the positive for you, if anything, in this relationship?? Please let us know how you are.

Reply Reply