It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 1 week post Lasik issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User
    Abrasion and Blurriness

I was really hoping not to have ended up here but here I am. I had lasik done 8 days ago and experienced a corneal abrasion immediately after surgery. Had a Bandage Contact Lens (BCL) placed on after surgery and removed the next day (friday). By Sunday I was in a lot of pain and my eye was very red and stung a lot so I was taken back to the clinic for another BCL.

The BCL was removed on Wednesday (2 days ago) and my vision is very off. Thankfully, there is no pain in my eye anymore, and there is little to no feeling of something being stuck in there or dryness. My right eye is near perfection, I can see clearly at close, medium and far ranges. My left eye is clear today (new development) at reading distance, but blurry and not sharp far away. Both eyes together are acting funny. For instance, if I look at words on a page with one eye closed (either eye) the writing it clear, however if I look with both eyes, it's blurry and maybe slightly ghosting. It's nearly impossible for me to look at a cpu screen longer than a few minutes. its as if I'm watching a 3d movie without the 3d glasses on and gives me a headache. By the end of the work day, my eye feels full for lack of a better term, as if there is slight pressure being applied.

I have a follow up appointment in 5 days, but I am pretty disappointed so far. I did not have very poor eyesight before and was mostly doing this as a luxury. I fear that I have done irreversible damage to my eyes even though I know it is too early to tell that. However after reading everyone's stories, it seems as though I may be in for a long haul of trying different treatments and being patient.

I know it has only been 8 days, is it possible that my vision clears up relatively soon?

Last edited by wrcftw; 01-21-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User
    Re: 1 week post Lasik issues

Coming up on my next appointment tomorrow. It has been 12 days since lasik. My right eye is perfect, left eye still blurry at all distances. It feels like the abrasion has healed, no pain and rarely any foreign feeling in my left eye. Still dealing with the blurriness and difficulty reading a computer screen. Again, it still looks as though I should be wearing 3d glasses to look at the screen or something.

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow with the optometrist at the Lasik center I had my eyes done. I presume they will tell me that the abrasion is healing and just to be patient for my eye to come around.

I will keep this post updated so that people can see what it's like to have lasik issues, and hopefully I'll be able to say that everything is all clear in the not too distant future! Trying to stay positive...I have 1 good eye and no pain or dryness issues that I can tell so I'm in better shape than some of you poor souls. Best of luck!

Last edited by wrcftw; 01-20-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

Had my follow up appointment. Abrasion is healing nicely, but I am still supposed to use the Muro 128 drops for another week. Right eye is at 20/20, left eye 20/30 showing a slight astigmatism apparently. What does that mean exactly? Is this something that they will have to correct?

The doctor told me that my left eye still has some swelling and that it should come down over the next few weeks and hopefully clear up my vision. My biggest issue is the trouble i'm having working on a computer. If I wasn't on a temporary assignment at work right now I would likely be off on leave so that I could give it some rest.

Very glad not to have any eye pain or symptoms of excessive dryness. Will keep hoping for increased clarity.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

It's been 3 weeks since my intralase lasik surgery. As you can see from the posts above, I suffered from an abrasion the day after surgery. It appears to be healing nicely. My vision is coming along...either I am getting used to it or its getting slightly better...hard to tell.

I hope my progress continues and I become happy with my eyesight. At this point, I could live with it but it's definitely still not where I want it to be and I would likely be back in glasses. I am hoping that I continue to progress and will remain patient. Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #5
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

It's been 3 weeks since my intralase lasik surgery. As you can see from the posts above, I suffered from an abrasion the day after surgery. It appears to be healing nicely. My vision is coming along...either I am getting used to it or its getting slightly better...hard to tell.

I hope my progress continues and I become happy with my eyesight. At this point, I could live with it but it's definitely still not where I want it to be and I would likely be back in glasses. I am hoping that I continue to progress and will remain patient. Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Old 02-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

This will likely (hopefully) be my final update. I had surgery about a month ago and just returned from my check up. I am now seeing 20/20 in both eyes, no astigmatism. My issue of blurry at all distances has been resolved. About a week ago my left eye started to focus and seeing became a lot easier! I was able to read a few letters on the 20/15 line as well!

My abrasion is healed and hopefully does not reoccur. Halo's have gone done at night as well but I am hoping that my night vision improves, it is not where it was with glasses and things get blurry at distance with alot of brake lights etc.

I'm hoping my eyes continue to heal and I end up with 2015 but i'd be happy with the results if they stayed this way and i needed glasses for night driving. I went skiing this weekend and it was amazing to finally wear goggles instead of prescription sun glasses!

I put drops in every hour or so just to prevent any issues with the abrasion.

One thing to note, I have been using Systane Ultra drops and switched to Refresh Tears for one day when I got a free bottle from a friend...by the end of the day my eyes were burning and the abrasion felt like it came back...it was very strange so I through the bottle out immediately and went back to Systane. Not sure what happened but I'll just stick to what has been working.

If I could go back in time, i'm not sure that I would do this surgery again, it was very stressful for me and glasses really weren't that bad of a thing to deal with. But it is fun to be glasses free I have to admit.

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for reading.

The Following User Says Thank You to wrcftw For This Useful Post:
    SMS78 (02-14-2015)
    Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #7
    kfkok4
    (male)

kfkok4 HB User

Hi there, i just did enhancement surgery on my right eye about a month ago, i experienced similar problem as you , for example when i look at a computer screen with both eyes ,i have problem seeing it well , its like the vision doesnt coordinate well and like you say its like watching 3d movie without 3d glasses. However when i close my left eye(good eye) and see with my right eye, my right eye takes about a second to focus and immediately i was seeing clear with my right eye, so if each eye is seeing clear individually, why when i see with both eyes it was totally blurish and hard to focus? I also noticed when i put eye drops , my right eye will be clear for a minute then goes blurry again , not sure if it is dryness or my astigmatism has returned (barely a month after enhancement). Anyway I am glad you have recovered from this problem

Old 05-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

Crap I'm back...my eye was really dry after a night on the ball diamond (read: dusty) and I rubbed it really hard instinctively.....have another abrasion in the same eye. Fuccckkkkkkk!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #9
    digdoug1
    (male)

digdoug1 HB Userdigdoug1 HB Userdigdoug1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrcftw View Post
    Crap I'm back...my eye was really dry after a night on the ball diamond (read: dusty) and I rubbed it really hard instinctively.....have another abrasion in the same eye. Fuccckkkkkkk!
    Sorry to hear that. That stinks.
    Outside of the abrasion, I'm glad to hear everything started to get better.

I have optic nerve hypoplasia (since birth), so LASIK is not something I can have. Still, I find the procedure very fascinating, and wouldn't have heard all of these horror stories any other way. I always hear it's peaches and cream.

Keep your chin up, and, keep checking in. I know not many were replying to your posts, but, they are very helpful!

Old 05-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by digdoug1 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. That stinks.
    Outside of the abrasion, I'm glad to hear everything started to get better.

I have optic nerve hypoplasia (since birth), so LASIK is not something I can have. Still, I find the procedure very fascinating, and wouldn't have heard all of these horror stories any other way. I always hear it's peaches and cream.

Keep your chin up, and, keep checking in. I know not many were replying to your posts, but, they are very helpful!
    Thanks for the kind words. Things were really great, hopefully I'll get back to that point soon!

Old 06-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #11
    wrcftw
    (male)

wrcftw HB User

Almost forgot to update anyone following this thread. I had a BCL in for about 5 days and then took 2 days off work to really rest my eye. The rest helped immensely and I've been seeing clearly for a week and a half now. Going pretty hard with the Muro 128 drops and am now using a gel at night, have also upped the humidity in my house.

Definitely healed way faster this time, and I was a lot less stressed, even though my vision was quite bad in my left eye this time (abrasion was right over the center of my eye).

Still don't regret the surgery, I love seeing clearly without glasses!! Hopefully this wont happen again otherwise I'll probably need a stromal puncture, and that does not sound like fun.

Closed Thread