It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend deletes his text messages...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
    hourglass14
    (male)

hourglass14 HB User
    My boyfriend deletes his text messages...

I noticed a while ago that my boyfriend is deleting some of his text messages. We were sitting on the couch the other night and I saw him do it and confronted him about it. He got mad and said that it's normal to delete text messages because they take up lots of space on your phone. Also, he said that he doesn't want me going throw his phone and it's an invasion of privacy when I go through his phone. We lock our phones and twice I have got his phone and went through it. The first time I went trough it he had a suspicious text message from his friend. He said he was at the movies (which he was at the movies with me) and his friend said "which one of the interns are you at the movies with" and he said "my days with the interns are over." When I confronted him about it he said that it was joke because some interns at his job (he's a doctor) have crushes on him and they joke about it. He was very angry that I went through his phone and he said if I didn't trust him, I shouldn't be in a relationship with him. The second time I went through it I didn't find anything. The weird thing is, he doesn't delete all his text messages, just some of them. I don't know what to think. On one hand, I know for a fact he really loves me and we have been together a really long time and I honestly don't think he would cheat on me. On the other hand, why would he delete certain text messages??? Nothing else is weird or suspicious about our relationship... Just that. I feel really bad for snooping through his phone because I wouldn't want someone doing it to me. PLEASE HELP! Advice! Preferably from a guy..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: My boyfriend deletes his text messages...

I keep some texts and delete others. The ones I keep generally have some information or ongoing topics that I can refer to. He is right - if you can't even leave his phone alone, perhaps you need to rethink your relationship. Such immature jealousy is NOT a good look. Discuss privacy issues together and agree on boundaries, eg sharing information from phones or not, etc. Sera

Old 03-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
    ben9XZ
    (male)

ben9XZ HB User

I think it sounds a little suspicious, but if you can't trust him then you shouldn't be with him. You have to decide if you believe him or not, it does not sound like you have enough evidence that he actually did anything wrong.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
    hourglass14
    (male)

hourglass14 HB User

Thanks for replying. His behavior hasn't changed over the years we have been together (for the worse) and he doesn't try to hide anything from me. I think you're right, I don't have enough evidence to accuse him of doing anything wrong. I do trust him, I just think it's weird because I don't delete my text messages. Maybe that is a legitimate thing people do. I don't want to be THAT GIRL who nags her man and accuses him of wrong-doing all the time. I don't want to push him away from me. He already thinks that he can't do anything because I'll get mad... IDK

Closed Thread