It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Blurry vision 6 months post PRK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
    DDustin
    (male)

DDustin HB User
    Blurry vision 6 months post PRK

I had PRK on September 26 2014 from a nationwide chain, exactly 6 months from today. I only had 20/40 in one eye and 20/50 in the other but for my career I have to have perfect vision. Even after the stated healing time of 2 months I was having issues with blurry vision. When I reported it to him I just kind of got blown off and told it's healing slow but it'll be better the next month. It's worth noting that at 3 months, what I was told would be the time to worry, they had an ophthalmologist sub for him from another office because my usual Dr was out and she seemed concerned about my results on paper vs what she was seeing. She also said it looked like I had a little corneal edema in one eye and gave me steroids for it. I kept following my orders and just waiting it out.

Finally in December, after trying to read street signs and license plates and compare it to friends, I told him it's just not good enough for my job and I think I need to talk about enhancement. He checked me and said that I was 20/20, even though I could only see 2 letters and they were blurry. After blowing it off a bit more he told me to schedule an appointment for February and we'll talk then. I ended up rescheduling the appointment because of bad weather and went in the first week of March. Some how, even though it's still blurry he tested me at 20/15 in both eyes and I read the whole line. Problem is I still can't read street signs at half the distance of my wife or friends. I have to be almost 20ft away with great light, I can't read any license plates and even the giant Walmart sign is a little blurry. He say's it's normal to be blurry, but he didn't seem to be telling the truth. I especially don't understand how the 2015 line in his office can be clear but the posters and signs on his wall or the street signs outside of his office are barely legible.

I'm not really sure what's going on. It's absolutely vital that have basically perfect vision. Can someone make sense out of this? Is any of this normal? Should I seek another opinion? I paid an extra 1k for the lifetime warranty with free lifetime enhancements so if the second opinion calls BS on this what are my options.

Thanks a lot in advance

Dustin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
    HenrietT
    (female)

HenrietT HB User
    Re: Blurry vision 6 months post PRK

Hi Dustin
    I had Lasik not PRK but had the enhancement and now about 2 months post enhancement waiting to be signed off in about a month according to my last check up. Like you I managed 20./20 in the bright light and test at the optom but out there int eh real world I struggle with number plates and road signs. On a really bright day I do better but following a car on a cloudy day I feel I would easily fail any 20/20 test like they do in driving test looking down the street at a real car number plate.
    I am kind of happy with teh redult but like you feel it is anything but perfect. If you need it for you rjob such as pilot/police or whatever I would try and get it checked professionally to see if you come up to standard. Can you get an Occupational health check or would they just send you to the optician?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
    DDustin
    (male)

DDustin HB User

Thanks for the reply.

I went to the regular eye doctor yesterday. Unlike at my laser eye doctor he actually checked everything and explained everything which was nice. I'm at 20/15 in both eyes and can even see a little of the 20/10 line but he said that I'm having trouble with blurriness because I still have 1/4(i think) astigmatism left and it was just enough to make seeing clearly difficult. He's not sure what might be the cause but he did say the glands on my eye lids looked a little clogged and that my be part of it. He recommended a hot compress every day for a month and some vitamins then scheduled me another appointment to see if there was any change. He also told me that it doesn't look like I need the punctal plugs that my other dr told me to buy because the tears are adhering to my eyes well enough. So that saves me $500 this week.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
    HenrietT
    (female)

HenrietT HB User

Hi Dustin
    I had astigmatism at my one week check up post enhancement and came home and googles some eye exercises to help with astigmatism. I found something called a Tibetan wheel which you hold quite close to your eyes- it basically looks a bit like a large solid black snowflake with jagged edges that you work your way around clockwise and anticlockwise following the outline an dall its intricacies. Now at my one month check up optom said my astigmatism was almost gone .
    Now I dare say my eyes may have improved without the exercises but for what its worth I would give them a go for say a month just a couple of times a day. It may just help some more. If you google for the TW and Astig you should be able to see what I'm talking about and print one off large size on A4

Old 03-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
    HenrietT
    (female)

HenrietT HB User

Hi Dustin
    I had astigmatism at my one week check up post enhancement and came home and googles some eye exercises to help with astigmatism. I found something called a Tibetan wheel which you hold quite close to your eyes- it basically looks a bit like a large solid black snowflake with jagged edges that you work your way around clockwise and anticlockwise following the outline an dall its intricacies. Now at my one month check up optom said my astigmatism was almost gone .
    Now I dare say my eyes may have improved without the exercises but for what its worth I would give them a go for say a month just a couple of times a day. It may just help some more. If you google for the TW and Astig you should be able to see what I'm talking about and print one off large size on A4

Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 AM   #6
    DDustin
    (male)

DDustin HB User

Somehow all month my vision's been even worse. It seems almost as bad as before the surgery but with worse close up vision now. I'm starting those exercises but it's getting frustrating.

Last edited by DDustin; 04-15-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Closed Thread